GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,737
0 members and 1,737 guests
No Members online

Old 09-22-2002, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

DG Letters

If you look closely at the end of hte opening credits to Sorority Life on MTV you can see DG letters in the background right at the end of the opening credits. COol to see them on TV but not on that show. Nationals are working to take them off the show so that we are not in any way affialiated with it. Intresting little tid bit fact that a lady from nationals told us when she was down helping our chapter with RUSH.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hannahgirl
I was watching Road Rules today (the episode from last week) when they were at ASU. The bar that they were at while celebrating Kendal's birthday had Greek letters everywhere. I saw DG, TKE, Chi O, and Alpha Gam. Just interesting that our organizations would allow their greek letters to be put up in a bar. PR?? maybe, maybe not??
You could also Kappa Kappa Gamma's letters in the bar.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:23 AM
GreekChat Member

The DG letters on the opening credits have been taken off, however, they are still shown in the reruns of earlier episodes.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:50 AM
GreekChat Member

There used to be a Nickelodeon show called My Brother and Me which featured paddles of Delta Sigma Theta and Omega Psi Phi.

Also someone mentioned Emmitt Smith who is a member of Phi Beta Sigma (1914).
Old 09-29-2002, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UToledoFiji Send a message via Yahoo to UToledoFiji
Thumbs up Coach

Last night after getting home way later than i expected and unable to sleep i started to flip through some TV channels when i came across the show Coach. I use to watch the show every week when i was younger and it was on during prime time, but one thing i never noticed, nor at the time did it mean anything to me was that right next to the doorway of Craig T. Nelsons cabin is an old Beta Theta Pi paddle. Now that i am in the greek system, and look for those kind of things, it was cool to see them.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, they are not my letters, but in this month's Cosmo, there is a picture of Matthew McConn...(however you spell it) wearing Delta Tau Delta letters.
Old 12-05-2002, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Was "watching" an episode of Timon & Pumba tonight. (I'm supposed to be doing content analysis on children's commercials for my sociology research so I have to watch Toon Disney). They showed Rafiki (the baboon) in his hut or whatever and on the wall were three equilateral triangles in a row. It was definetly Delta Delta Delta!

So while no little kids will ever catch on, Tri-Delt made it into the cartoon!
Old 12-05-2002, 02:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
OK. I watched the Sorority Boys in DVD last night, and one of the extra credit scene was the interactive making of the movie. Well, just found out that the Delta Omicron Gamma house is actually a Greek house, the Alpha Delta Pi house. You can see the big letter on the front wall of the house!

Way to go ADiP!
Old 12-05-2002, 02:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to CanadianTeke
This is a pretty crazy story. One of our brothers moved into an apartment in Ottawa and was storing some of his stuff in a cluttered attic, when behind a bunch of stuff he found a 1987 composite from our Scorpion chapter at Cornell. No other Teke had lived in the house, when we contacted Scorpion chapter we were told that it had been stolen like 10 years earlier and that they had already replaced it. It hangs in our house to this day, and we still don't know who stole it.
Old 12-05-2002, 04:33 AM
GreekChat Member

The girl who is dating one of the guys from Papa Roach is Andrea, she goes to Sac State.... Woo Hoo... the CSUS chapter of Delta Gamma is in the "Last Resort" video actually... Kinda cool lil fact
Old 12-05-2002, 05:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Pi Kapp 142 Send a message via Yahoo to Pi Kapp 142
This is a little off-topic but I post it anyways.
This past WOrld Series my chapter was fundraising by working the consession stands and our Fundraising chair was not wearing his uniform, because they ran they had so many of us. Well, thing was, he was wearing shirt with letters on it and supervising us workers. After the fourth inning a guy walks up to him and says "Hey, I am a Pi Kapp from Alabama". We figured he was legit, since he knew the chapter designation and everythign and have since found out that he is. Pretty sweet and he is now helpoing us form a housing corp. Woo Hoo!
Old 12-05-2002, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MoonStar17
Yesterday I was at the grocery store and i saw this lil crinkly old man smoking a cigarette wearing a really cute AZD sweat shirt with blue block letters with navy blue fabric with stars and lil angels. they were stich ons and everything!!!!!!

i dunno maybe his daughter or granddaughter gave it to him to wear or he took it cause he was cold..i dunno!...but i dont think id ever let my dad wear my block letter sweat shirt.. i think it would just look funny to me..

i dunno..
Old 12-05-2002, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MoonStar17
Yesterday I was at the grocery store and i saw this lil crinkly old man smoking a cigarette wearing a really cute sorority sweat shirt with blue block letters with navy blue fabric with stars and lil angels. they were stich ons and everything!!!!!!( i wont give the name of the sorority just in case...but they are at my school )

i dunno maybe his daughter or granddaughter gave it to him to wear or he took it cause he was cold..i dunno!...but i dont think id ever let my dad wear my block letter sweat shirt.. i think it would just look funny to me..

i dunno..
Old 12-05-2002, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by madmax
. I think Emmit Smith has one.
Emmit Smith has a Sigma on his arm - he's a member of Phi Beta Sigma.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

Weren't there also both a Beta Theta Pi and a Delta Gamma paddle visible in the college years of Happy Days? I also heard that Marlo Thomas flew a kite in the opening credits of That Girl because she was a Theta.

During the Seventies, the Treasurer of the USA was Francine Neff, an Alpha Delta Pi. If you have paper money from then, you have her signature. I heard that, at the ADPi convention after she was sworn in, they passed out personally autographed dollar bills as the party favor. Now, that was cool!

Does anyone else see something horribly wrong with branding? That has to be THE worst type of hazing imaginable, IMHO.

honeychile