GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,627
2 members and 1,625 guests
nataliecavsoz41, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 07-29-2003, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: atlanta....its hot here... cant breath... too humid... helppp
-when i was on vacation with my family in california, we we driving down the highway and i was randomly staring boredly out the window when i see a white car beside me with two girls in it and an AOII license plate on the back.

-and then, TODAY, my co-worker and i were driving to go pick up lunch, and we were stopped at a redlight. suddenly he was like, "AOII!!!!!" and pointing ahead and i was like, "whaaaa?!?!" and the light turned green and the car in front made a left. turns out that car had a sticker on the back window of AOII!! too bad i didnt see it )-:

-and last year i worked in a clothing store and a girl came in in an AOII tshirt, she winked at me on her way out (-:
Old 07-31-2003, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Europe Site-seeing

While backpacking around Europe, two of my sisters ran into two Phi Sigs wearing their letters. Instant bonding (as well as nice to see an American). They toured around that country (I think Rome, Italy) together for 4 days before seperating to see other parts.

What a small world!
Old 07-31-2003, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I just saw a Theta Chi on the Price is Right, and a PBS on Jenny JOnes.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I was at Cedar Point yesterday (an amusement park in Ohio for those who have never heard of it) and I counted the greeks that I saw. 2 SAEs, 1 Tri Sigma, and a bunch (maybe 6) Delta Sigma Phis.

I was also at work the other day and there was a guy (probably still in HS) that was wearing a Kappa Delta shirt. I was just waiting for him to come up to the counter so I could ask him about it but he never did....darn. it was probably his sister's or something....
Old 08-12-2003, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I thought this one was funny: I was at Summerfest and during the Wakefield/Zebrahead/Reel Big Fish show, I was right behind some guys that were wearing letters of a local fraternity in Milwaukee. I found out later that they were damasa's brothers.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SDTSarah
I saw ASA letters today in the Emory Village parking lot...I don't think there's an ASA chapter in GA.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
i about freaked today when i saw an alpha gamma delta sticker on the back of a car at my school (no alpha gam chapter...booooo!). but, when i got closer, it was an older guy driving the car? dad or husband?

marissa
A GD
Old 08-12-2003, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SDTSarah
I saw ASA letters today in the Emory Village parking lot...I don't think there's an ASA chapter in GA.
ha ha ha...I probably know exactly who it was!! I ought to email her and freak her out....no, we do have a chapter in Alabama, so I'm assuming some of the girls there are from surrounding states.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to betasiglady
Seeing letters

I remember watching A Different World and Moesha and seeing sorority and fraternity letters of the Divine Nine. I always wondered if those people were really in the organization. I am very curious.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Not my letters but...I was just watching The Price is Right and there was a Beta Theta Pi spinng the wheel to see who will be in the showcase showdown, and not only will this Beta be in the showcase showdown, he also won $1000.

I didn't notice the letters until he turnd around because they were on the back of his t-shirt.

It was funny too because I was just thinking how cool it would be to see Pi Phi's on Price is Right. Well, no Pi Phi, but I did see letters.

ETA: He also won the showcase showdown

Last edited by Lady Pi Phi; 08-12-2003 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Pi Phi
Not my letters but...I was just watching The Price is Right and there was a Beta Theta Pi spinng the wheel to see who will be in the showcase showdown, and not only will this Beta be in the showcase showdown, he also won $1000.

I didn't notice the letters until he turnd around because they were on the back of his t-shirt.

It was funny too because I was just thinking how cool it would be to see Pi Phi's on Price is Right. Well, no Pi Phi, but I did see letters.

ETA: He also won the showcase showdown
OMG ME TOO!!!!! I so was watching this morning and was thinking...oh gc thread...
Old 08-13-2003, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
Multiple Sightings

On Mineral Point Rd. In Madison, just off of the Beltline: A car with a Kappa Alpha Theta decal. I honked and waved and its driver looked at me quizzically. I then realized that she couldn't see the Kappa decals on my car, seeing as how I was behind her.

At a Mary Kay skin care class, where I was with my friend (a DG): A brand-new Mary Kay consultant with a DZ lavalier. I think I freaked her out a little.

I'm always on hyper-sorority-girl-watch-mode.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Canadian AOII
I was working @ the restaurant one nite and a girl came in w/ her boyfriend to eat, well I noticed her AOP shirt (coincidentally enough I was wearing one w/ the badge under my work shirt) and then practically ended up joining in on their meal b/c it turns out that she was from my chapter as well and had lived in my room and everything!
Old 08-13-2003, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to sigep533 Send a message via AIM to sigep533 Send a message via Yahoo to sigep533
the Frank dude from real world was wearing Sig Ep letters once i noticed...Also on mtv i noticed One of the Wrestlers from that show "Tuff Enuff" or whatever was wearing Sigma Chi letters.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to betasiglady
Lightbulb Letters

Now that I think of it, Nathan from Big Brother 4 is always wearing a PBF t-shirt. Is that a frat?