GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,181
1 members and 1,180 guests
No Members online

Old 07-15-2007, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Uh, the channel that Degrassi plays on.

*forcing the sarcasm out of my voice*

Seriously, "The-N" is a variation of "Noggin" which is distantly related to Nickelodeon (I think.)
Oh ok. I've never heard of that channel. I've never watched the newer versions of Degrassi. I used to watch it back in the late 80s/early 90s. When I used to watch, it was on a Canadian channel that we used to get. So like I said, I'm quite out the loop. But thanks for explaining it to me, despite your sarcasm
Old 07-16-2007, 01:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZChi4Life View Post
Oh ok. I've never heard of that channel. I've never watched the newer versions of Degrassi. I used to watch it back in the late 80s/early 90s. When I used to watch, it was on a Canadian channel that we used to get. So like I said, I'm quite out the loop. But thanks for explaining it to me, despite your sarcasm
Ooooh, you were talking old school Degrassi. When Spike was still Spiked. It's so funny, my sister was hooked on that show, and now I'm hooked on the newbies. I had no idea there was an original until she walked in a screamed, "SPIKE!!!"

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 07-16-2007, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Sen, you'se a lie! The Best Years is not more awesomer than Degrassi:TNG!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Ooooh, you were talking old school Degrassi. When Spike was still Spiked. It's so funny, my sister was hooked on that show, and now I'm hooked on the newbies. I had no idea there was an original until she walked in a screamed, "SPIKE!!!"
FYI: old seasons of Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High (the classics) are available from Netflix. Or, you can randomly happen upon them in Best Buy - like i did.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaici View Post
Sen, you'se a lie! The Best Years is not more awesomer than Degrassi:TNG!!!
Yes the heck it is!

Okay, so maybe I am biased because The Best Years has a higher likelihood of a hot dude with dreadlocks stepping out of the shower. THAT ALONE makes it awesomer!

ETA: I will admit that nothing is more awesome than old school Degrassi.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, I think The Best Years is better than recent episodes of Degrassi: TNG. I think the Degrassi storylines have gotten kind of stale lately. Not to mention that it seems to have more to do with Paige now than anyone else, and she isn't even at Degrassi anymore.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Yes the heck it is!

Okay, so maybe I am biased because The Best Years has a higher likelihood of a hot dude with dreadlocks stepping out of the shower. THAT ALONE makes it awesomer!

ETA: I will admit that nothing is more awesome than old school Degrassi.

UMM hell yeah! that dude is yummy! can i say that was 90% of my draw to giving the show a shot? (cause college-based shows tend to be a bust.... and D:TNG is turning that way. i mean, when the handicapped start walking again, you know youre scraping the bottom of the barrel.)

but yeah D:TNG is my shiz and it would be awesome if they reaired some of the original Degrassi because ive never seen it.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Jimmy's walking again?????
Old 07-17-2007, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

last summer they were airing "classic" degrassi i guess as filler space. after fresh prince and random times during the day. if you have digital cable or satelllite check the listings. i'm sure they still show an old school episode every now and then, however it might be at 3:00 in the morning.

and YES. devon (is that hisname??) is not fine but fione. where were the brothas like THAT when i was in college?
Old 07-17-2007, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Jimmy's walking again?????
Well the commercials lead you to believe so... this is my and my sister's prediction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still BLUTANG View Post
and YES. devon (is that hisname??) is not fine but fione. where were the brothas like THAT when i was in college?
i dont give a durn what his name is, but he could come over to my room anytime! and my room has no dress code... so yeah, that towel draped around his waist will do just fine...

(ok dont spoil it here i know the boy must wear clothes in the rest of the show... darn writers!)

but yeah i dont see "Best Years" being better than D:TNG. I think that's what the N was going for with "South of Nowhere." and i dont think thst show went ANYWHERE.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still BLUTANG View Post
Probably out cheating on their girlfriends like they were at my school. That's what happened with every single one. *grrr*

But for real, I don't like the slack way he holds his mouth, but still....mmmmm....praise God for the creations, eh?

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 07-18-2007, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I had no idea this was a Canadian show. I started reading these posts and realized I am weeks ahead in this series, and decided to check out the production info - it's even filmed in Ontario. Donn't worry I won't spoil it .

I came across this show quite by accident: I was bored and channel surfing. I think I caught the very first episode, and have been hooked ever since.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Did anyone else notice the cameo of Jay from Degrassi on the episode of Bel Air High Cynthia was watching?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
Did anyone else notice the cameo of Jay from Degrassi on the episode of Bel Air High Cynthia was watching?
yes!! i cracked up at that.

"We are who we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut
Old 07-21-2007, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post

(ok dont spoil it here i know the boy must wear clothes in the rest of the show... darn writers!)

but yeah i dont see "Best Years" being better than D:TNG. I think that's what the N was going for with "South of Nowhere." and i dont think that show went ANYWHERE.

i may have to retract my statement - cause i watched last night and concluded:
1. the writers are smart enough to know that hey, maybe Devon isn't supposed to be a shirt-wearing kinda guy. (and im OK with that)
2. scenes of shirtless Devon > scenes of dressed Devon.
3. maybe this show COULD be better than D:TNG. i'd be really surprised, as we know college shows dont really hit it big.
4. i actually sat through "South of Nowhere" and it wasnt THAT bad. but since i havent watched it before it didnt hold my interest all that much. its just a little slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
Yeah, and Manny was in one of them too. I'm trying to figure out, aside from the girl who is the star of the show going to CU, why them watching the show is so important in the show. Clearly it's a parody of itsself but whats the point?

P.S. if i had a dollar for every freshman resident i had JUST LIKE CYNTHIA... i'd shoot myself. oh wait... i DID have residents like Cynthia and it makes your job THAT.MUCH.MORE.STRESSFUL!