GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,412
0 members and 1,412 guests
No Members online

Old 03-09-2008, 05:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnZeta View Post
Holy crap! I'm playing on Publisher 2007 right now and I can TOTALLY make my own invites! YESSSS! So centerpieces AND invites will be home-made. More money for food/booze/honeymoon!

Girl, you rock!

Sigma Kappa
1<31->
The BEST girls wear PEARLS
Old 03-09-2008, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigKapAngel767 View Post
Girl, you rock!
I'll post a couple of samples tomorrow (they're on my work computer, didn't know J's computer had Publisher, lol). I'm so excited to work on these but I have to keep reigning myself in cuz I still have so much time! I'd be happy to plan it all now and then just sit back and wait, lol.

White, I love the pink/green monorgram, super cute!
Old 03-09-2008, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

One of my dearest friends/pledge sister made my programs for me as my wedding gift. She sat there with me until 2 a.m. until it was JUST the way I wanted it. Talk about psis love!

Sigma Kappa
1<31->
The BEST girls wear PEARLS
Old 03-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Ooo, those are gorgeous. Our engaged daughter needs to see those samples!
Old 03-09-2008, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Anybody here do a Vegas wedding? I personally love Vegas (grew up in CA and it was our regular vacation spot). I think if I ever got married it would most likely be there.

My cousin got married there (at Caesar's Palace) and I know that all of the larger Strip-area hotels have on site wedding packages that even include a honeymoon suite for 4 nights for like $10,000-15,000.

There's no HUGE reception involved (maybe one for 50 or fewer guests), but if you're not looking to have some huge shindig and would rather spend 4 nights in the penthouse at Caesars rather than feed 200 of your relatives, I think it's a good deal.

When I get married I am either doing the Vegas thing or some destination wedding elsewhere.

I like the idea of having a fun, intimate wedding. And since it will be small, I won't be one of those crazy brides that are on that show "Bridezillas"

I've had a few friends get married in Vegas that were small (total of 20 or less people there) and they came out really really nice and nothing at all like those quickie weddings with Elvis as the preacher or anything like that. You can even get a small reception with cake and all that depending on how you want it.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Disney Cruise Wedding

I saw a bride on our day at Castaway Cay - in a flower-bedecked golf cart, under a beautiful blue Carribean sky, off to a secluded part of the island for her ceremony - I've let Gypsyboot know that would be a GREAT option when she gets married! Small, everything taken care of by Disney, what's not to love? (I will have to sell a kidney, but it will be so worth it!)
Old 03-09-2008, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
I saw a bride on our day at Castaway Cay - in a flower-bedecked golf cart, under a beautiful blue Carribean sky, off to a secluded part of the island for her ceremony - I've let Gypsyboot know that would be a GREAT option when she gets married! Small, everything taken care of by Disney, what's not to love? (I will have to sell a kidney, but it will be so worth it!)
it's all good... i think you only need one kidney to survive, right?
Old 03-09-2008, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDaisy128 View Post
I'm on the "Making it Personal" board a lot. There are tons of really talented ladies on there! I haven't moved to invitations, etc. yet, but I make monograms! :-) (if anyone is interested)...here are some of my favorite ones that I have made:

Other samples here: http://deltagammacj.googlepages.com/home

I'm sorry these are so big...if everyone posts that it's annoying, I can delete them.
Those are really nice! Be on the lookout for a PM from me!

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 03-10-2008, 10:57 AM
GreekChat Member

WhiteDaisy, your monograms are AWESOME! As soon as I figure out my colors, I will definitely be sending you a message
Old 04-22-2008, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

is it acceptable to wear black to a wedding?

a friend of mine is getting married in 4 weeks... it's an evening wedding, and I just got a cute black cocktail dress for a work function... I don't want it to look like I'm going to a funeral though
Old 04-22-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas*princess View Post

a friend of mine is getting married in 4 weeks... it's an evening wedding, and I just got a cute black cocktail dress for a work function... I don't want it to look like I'm going to a funeral though
I would say yes. I love black, it's so classy. I have worn black to weddings before, but usually with colored accessories or shoes just to jazz it up.

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Where is the wedding being held? Black might not be as acceptable in traditional parishes - if in doubt, check with the bride.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

25 days until my big day
Old 04-22-2008, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas*princess View Post

I've done it plenty of times and do what KSUViolet06 suggested. If I am wearing an all black dress I'll try to wear a fun cardigan/shrug/wrap and carry a bright bag.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
Where is the wedding being held? Black might not be as acceptable in traditional parishes - if in doubt, check with the bride.
The actual wedding is being held in a church (Baptist if it makes any difference?) and the reception following is being held at a hotel.

On their website, the bride says:
"What to Wear? Everybody's favorite question.... It is an evening wedding and the Hilton's ballroom is gorgeous, so I would say a cocktail dress/Sunday best would be appropriate. Feel free to wear whatever you want, just not WHITE!! hahahahaha "