GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,633
2 members and 1,631 guests
flamboyanttree, LaneSig

Old 12-08-2008, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

IU Rush Story 08/09

Here's the separate thread for my story!
Old 12-08-2008, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay Everyone, here is my story from this weekend!!! Everything was SO much fun and I had the BEST time, choosing at the end was so hard because I wanted to go back to all of them. I don’t want to be left out of the fun of choosing code names so here are mine:

Amsterdam
Paris
London
New York
Prague
Madrid
Rome
Palermo
Nice
Berlin
Brussels
Dubai
Barcelona
Tokyo
Sydney
Honolulu
Florence
St. Tropez
Milan

The first day, it was SO cold. It was snowing SO much and it was windy. It was awful and by the end, I had never been so cold in my life!
But, anyways, the first house that I went to was Amsterdam. There I got double rushed and I was still kind of nervous, so I didn’t talk as much as I would at later houses. But, the first two girls that I talked to were nice, but I didn’t really feel that much of a connection with them. But, the last girl was so nice and funny and I liked her so much more than the other two before.

The next house was Paris and I LOVED IT!! I knew just walking in and talking to the first girl that I really liked it and she was so down to earth. The house was so pretty and all of the girls that I talked to seemed like they could be one of my friends easily. The house and the entire time there just felt so good.

Next, I went to London. I was unsure going in because this house has a lot of stereotypes. When I got in, it was somewhat like I was expecting, but not entirely. The first girl that I talked to could not think of anything to say and it was so loud in the room we were in and in the awkward silences, she kept saying, “Sorry, I just can’t think of anything to ask you.” When the next girl came to take her place, I was so happy. That girl was better, but we still didn’t have anything in common. I didn’t love that one, but it still wasn’t a bad experience

After, I went to New York. This was one of my favorites going in. I had talked to a girl from there earlier and I liked her a lot, she was really down to earth. But, when I got in there, I got double rushed and the three girls that I talked to were nice, but I had nothing in common with them and the conversation didn’t really flow well.

Prague was after. The girls there were really nice, the conversation flowed pretty well. I liked the house, but didn’t love it immediately. But, I still thought it was overall pretty good.

The next house I went to was Madrid. The girls that I talked to were nice and the things that we had in common got progressively less and less from the first to third girl. And, at the end of the time, with the third girl, we were both stretching for things to say. The conversation was okay, but I feel a great connection.

Then, Rome. I loved Rome. The first girl I talked to was so nice, and we barely did any of the usually get to know you stuff, because we hit it off instantly. I could totally see being best friends with her. Then, the next girl was really sweet and really nice, but we just weren’t into the same things, but it wasn’t ever awkward. Then, the next girl was awkward. She kneed next to my chair, like on the side instead of in front, so I was in a really weird position. Plus, she didn’t really talk and just seemed disinterested in the entire process. But I still loved the first girl so much, that she didn’t change my mind.

After, I went to Palermo, which was so much fun. All the girls were so fun, energetic and talkative. I had good conversations there and had lots in common with the girls.

Ahhh, so long.

Then, was Nice. Nice was fine on the outside, but I couldn’t really see myself there. It was a forgettable house.

Afterwards was Berlin. Berlin was also pretty good. The first girl I paired with was so nice and she had the same sense of humor as me. She was really good and we got along really well and the conversation never really lagged. The next girl was nice to and she always had something to say, but it just wasn’t as much of a connection as the first girl. I still liked the house a lot.

Then, day two, I started at Brussels. Today it wasn’t snowing and wasn’t windy, so, it was much more comfortable. The girls were so nice and we had some really good, random conversations. I like the personality of the girls and I think that I could get along with them.

After, I went to Dubai. There, I felt like I should have had things in common with the girls that I was talking to. Like, on paper, we should have had a lot to talk about, but there was no connection.

Barcelona, was following, the house was really nice. The girls were okay, very different from what I expected, and I did not love the house. I liked them enough.

I kept traveling over to Tokyo. That house I got paired with this girl who only talked constantly about herself and wouldn’t let me get a word in. But, later another couple of girls came up and when I was talking to them one on one I liked them. It was just the girl that I got paired with there, who hurt the house for me a little.

Next was Sydney. I got double rushed there too. The people were nice, but no special connection. Still no big opinion.

Then, Honolulu. I loved the house. Every girl that I talked to I had things in common with. Only once did, with the middle girl did the conversation lag. And with the other two, the time talking to them was way too short. They were all so nice. I liked it a lot

After was Folorence. The girls there were the opposite of what I was expecting. They all were really nice and smart and I had so much to talk to all of them about. I liked the girls a lot, but still question if I would fit in there and if I could see myself there.

Next, was St. Tropez. I LOVED the house. Everyone of the girls I had so much in common with. The time in the house went by so fast and each time a girl would leave, I would want to talk to her some more. I liked it so much.
My last house, whew!, was Milan. It was awful and I had a bad time. I got double rushed and I had nothing in common with either of the girls that I talked to and the conversation lagged greatly. It was the only house that I disliked.

So, overall, everything was AMAZING!!! I’m so glad that I rushed!! I can’t wait for 12 party, look for updates in January!!!
Last edited by I<3Starbucks! : Yesterday at 11:05 PM.

Last edited by I<3Starbucks!; 12-09-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I forgot to put my order. It was

1.Paris
2. Palermo
3.Rome
4. Berlin
5.Honolulu

6.Prague
7. Brussels
8.St. Troprez

9.New York

10.Amsterdam
11.Florence

12.Tokyo

13.Barcelona

14.Sydney

15. Dubai
16.London
17. Nice
18.Madrid
19.Milan

1-12 are only kind of in order, but 13 to 19 are definitely in order.

Last edited by I<3Starbucks!; 12-09-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

hey thanks! lol good luck with the rest of rush! It's probably better this way so you can have your own thread too!
Old 12-08-2008, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, you too!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Found you!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreamfulSpirit
Love the code names...however "Niece" is spelled Nice. Its just pronounced like the word "niece". I know, it sounds weird. I got to spend a couple of days in Nice while I was visiting France when I was in high school...very pretty!

oohh...there's a couple I'm pulling for! Pretty much all the places I've either been to or want to go to which is a lot
Old 12-09-2008, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't wait to hear this story...and I can't imagine having to wait over a month for the following rounds. Good luck and keep us posted.

And I've got a cold weather rush tip (share this with all IU PNMs!)...do not wear Uggs. Absolutely do not wear Uggs. I wore them for the first round when I rushed at Syracuse, and even though I had them waterproofed, they got drenched, and my feet were frozen and miserable. No matter what, water will seep though the Uggs somehow, so try cute rainboots with thick socks, or any other waterproof snowboot.

Good luck with rush and keep us updated!
Old 12-09-2008, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

That's a good tip, because I wore Uggs, and mine were fine, but lots were not. Especially our Rho Gamma's, she said she stepped in a puddle in the very beginning of the day and her feet were two big ice cubes the until break.

It was SO cold! The first day, I wore 4 pairs of socks and at the end of the day, my feet were still cold when I got up at midnight to take a shower, which was 4 hours after I got home, inside.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Starbucks! View Post
It was SO cold! The first day, I wore 4 pairs of socks and at the end of the day, my feet were still cold when I got up at midnight to take a shower, which was 4 hours after I got home, inside.
Wowww! I <3 California! I'm sure whatever I think is cold is NOTHING to you guys. I was surprised that it got down to 40 last night and I was like ahhhh! That's Tahoe weather! Lol
Old 12-09-2008, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I envy you, today it was in the 40s and I was thinking it was pretty comfortable
Old 12-10-2008, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaDeltaDelta
Yeah all the kids here from SoCal and Florida always complain about the cold when it's in the 50's. Pretty hilarious having lived in Boston for a few years the differences between what people consider "cold".

Gravitas.Pietas.Dignitas.Iustitia
Old 12-14-2008, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDeltaDelta View Post
Yeah all the kids here from SoCal and Florida always complain about the cold when it's in the 50's. Pretty hilarious having lived in Boston for a few years the differences between what people consider "cold".
50 is freezing!!!!! 60 is cold!!!

Old 12-14-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetagirl218 View Post
50 is freezing!!!!! 60 is cold!!!
Whine, whine, whine. If you think 50 is "freezing", you wouldn't last ten minutes in winter in New York - or Bloomington, for that matter.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
Whine, whine, whine. If you think 50 is "freezing", you wouldn't last ten minutes in winter in New York - or Bloomington, for that matter.
Amen, sista!