GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,414
0 members and 1,414 guests
No Members online

Old 12-04-2008, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeyoutefulΦΜ View Post
We were told not to get the letters tattooed on us because youre not allowed to drink in letters or go to bars in letters or do anything that could disrespect the fraternity in letters. I dont think its a very good idea to get them tattooed on you because if you screw up and get a picture taken of you with your letters showing that could look bad on all phi mu's because youre not only representing yourself but all your sisters nation wide. Also, tattoos are sometimes considered trashy by others (I have a tattoo so I dont think its trashy) and phi mu's are supposed to be southern ladies. Those letters represent me and my sisters and I personally dont want them tattooed on someone
1. You must be new.
2. You must be Southern.
3. Note that "You" and "Southern" are capitalized.

I won't apologize for having those letters tattooed on me.

KLTC

Last edited by PM_Mama00; 12-06-2008 at 02:07 AM. Reason: spelling
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-02-2009, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Phi Mu was very important to my mother and to me, so when she passed away, I had a tattoo designed that would symbolize that love. I have the outline of our badge in pink with a cancer ribbon running through it. Its on my left hip, and not visible in a swim suit. For me, it was the perfect tattoo.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
That sounds adorable!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOB View Post
Phi Mu was very important to my mother and to me, so when she passed away, I had a tattoo designed that would symbolize that love. I have the outline of our badge in pink with a cancer ribbon running through it. Its on my left hip, and not visible in a swim suit. For me, it was the perfect tattoo.
That sounds very nice and a fitting tribute. If you can, post a pic. I'd love to see it!

KLTC
Old 09-18-2009, 02:38 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a small lion's paw print tattoo with a pink star dead center of the paw on the inside of my right ankle with the words les soeurs fideles in pretty script under it. I love my tattoo.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

At my chapter, we were told that we are in no way shape or form allowed to have letters on us at all, tattoo-wise. We can have ladybugs, quatrefoils, etc, but no letters, ever.

I'm debating a tattoo... I don't want to jinx myself or anything, and I'm pretty indecisive. If I did get one, I was thinking about getting "Love, Honor, Truth" in hot pink on the arch of my foot, like I'm always walking the path of Phi Mu.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

November 14th I'll be getting a Phi Mu tattoo. I think I'm going to do a quatrefoil with three stars above it. I'm pretty excited since there is a group of us going together, and its on one of my best friend's birthday/1 year anniversary of her initiation.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I really want a simple quatrefoil (pink, of course) behind my ear.
One girl in my chapter has 3 quatrefoils that have love, honor, and truth written in each.
Another has truth with a quatrefoil on the end.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Got mine today

Old 11-14-2009, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LainaIsPHIMU View Post
I really want a simple quatrefoil (pink, of course) behind my ear.
One girl in my chapter has 3 quatrefoils that have love, honor, and truth written in each.
Another has truth with a quatrefoil on the end.
That would be so cute!

PhiMu Lindz--- LOVIN yours too..its tasteful
Old 01-30-2010, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes - you should not (in nat'ls eyes and in the eyes of a lot of sisters) get your LETTERS tattooed on you.
On that note, I love love love tattoos. I also love love love Phi Mu. I have quite a few sisters that have tattoos representing Phi Mu, our chapter, and our values without the letters
Example 1,2,3: 3 sisters (a Big sister and her two Little sisters) each got corresponding tattoos. One got Love in a pink quatrefoil, the other got Honor in a pink quatrefoil, and the third got Tuth in a pink quatrefoil.
Example 4,5,6,7,8: 5 sisters (all in the same pledge class) got ladybugs on their feet. Ladybugs are the mascot of our chapter. I believe they also got a star next to the ladybug. This reminds them that they all look up at the same stars.
Example 9: My sister got 'Les Soeurs Fideles' on her ribcage in beautiful script.

When done with taste, logic, and intention of upholding dignity and respect to Phi Mu - tattoos representing our love for the sisterhood is completely acceptable in my eyes.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I have three tattoos and my next one will be my tribute to Phi Mu. I'll be getting a quatrefoil on each of my wrists and eventually I'll get the words "love. honor. truth." around my right ankle and have them look like they're bleeding rose & white.

I don't think that getting your letters tattooed on you is disrespectful as long as they are in good taste. I think it's a reminder to you and yourself that you'll always be a part of something bigger.

One of my sisters has three stars on her wrist and quite a few of them have quatrefoils with the greek letters in them.

On a completely side note, I've seen a lot of sisters on here shortening "Love in Our Bond" to LIOB. Our chapter used to do the same thing until we found out that we're not supposed to shorten it. If we're going to use it, we're supposed to type it out fully. I don't remember the specific reasons why, but just thought I'd add it in there.

Post pictures of your Phi Mu tattoos if you have them, or send them to me, I'd love to see them and possibly get ideas for the future.

Love In Our Bond,

Phi Mu
love.honor.truth.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: about a few feet away from weird, and around the corner from normal...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaEtaKP View Post
*bump*
A couple of girls from my pledge class have been talking abou getting tatoos on our senior trip coming up this fall. As far as we've been told, we cannot get letter tattoos because Phi Mu is copyrighted or whatever... however, I was thinking about maybe a quatrefoil and three stars. I don't know where I would get it, though.. maybe on the top of my foot where it would be covered by the thick flip flops. I don't know where else I would want it. I don't really like tatoos on the lower back (for me).... I have actually been very against tattoos for a long time, but have recently changed my mind. I'm thinking that I would get it either in pink (like a bright pink so it doesn't look like a bug bite), or a brown. My parents keep telling me that I should wait because they don't think Phi Mu will mean so much to me in a few years, but I know that even if I am not way involved in Phi Mu, it will always mean a lot to me.

i totally agree! my parents say the same thing to me, because it means a lot to me and has influenced my life in so many ways. i guess parents wouldn't understand what phi mu really means unless they were one themselves!

all women were created equal...until 1852 <3
Old 11-02-2010, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I have three tattoos. Two of them have double meanings. I have three pink and white magnolias and a daisy on my left foot. The magnolias are for Mary, Mary, and Martha. The reason why there is also a daisy is because my Grandma's favorite flowers are magnolias and daisies. That was my first Phi Mu related tattoo
I also have four lion pawprints going up my left side. Lion pawprints for Sir Fidel I am a Leo too. So they are also for that.
I want to get more in the future. Pretty much all for Phi Mu. I want to get "Les Soeurs Fideles" on my right ribcage. and I also want to get some hearts, three stars, and LHT on my right ankle. I have been thinking about getting "To walk in the way of honor" on the arch of my left foot near my magnolias.

Last edited by KeganG19; 11-02-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

A lot of my sisters have quatrefoil's tattooed on various places in various ways.

Last edited by Roarie91; 11-25-2010 at 11:01 AM.