GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 308,506
Threads: 114,855
Posts: 2,159,919
Welcome to our newest member, andresj082898
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #316  
Old 11-20-2003, 07:11 PM
hoosier hoosier is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Now hiding from GC stalkers
Posts: 3,188
It's despicable

Quote:
Originally posted by Zetagymnast
Can you tell me what happen on fraternity life because I left the house to go to my brothers line last night with like 15 minutes left in the show. I know Pat was so hung over and they had to run to the beach but what happen after that?
The pledges had to exercise on the beach, and then were given like 55 min. to run the five miles (or whatever) back to the house. It was tough, but doable.

I think it was at the beach where the old black alumnus was giving the pledges hell, and the big guy pledge notices that he has a Delta branded on his chest - "that's really hardcore."

The heavy guy was struggling with the run, but the others took breaks and helped him. Pledge brotherhood was building. Then more crap at the house.

There was a gap from about mid-night until daybreak (either MTV was kicked out or chose not to show it). At daybreak, we see the pledges looking even worse, covered with paint splotches, and wearing diapers over their boxers. They are a mess.

The brothers are shown saying how great the pledge program is (apparently losing over half the pledges, including three during hell week, is a sign of success).

Then the pledges are taken to the Triangle monument, and congratulated for crossing over. Most of the pledges say that pledging "was the greatest thing they've ever done, and their pledge brothers are the greatest guys in the world."

In summary, what a despicable bunch of brothers. What a despicable pledge program. What can these guys' parents and friends think when they see this on TV?

The pledge program reminds me of my pledge days, when we did all sorts of crap - because we were told to and my pledge friends were doing it too. We wanted to be members. We didn't want to be quitters. But my pledge program also had some common sense - there was nothing in public (the crap all took place in the basement or inside the house) and no TV cameras were allowed.
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 11-20-2003, 09:46 PM
NinjaPoodle NinjaPoodle is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: On the beach. Well....not really but near it. :0)
Posts: 12,951
Re: It's despicable

Quote:
Originally posted by hoosier
I think it was at the beach where the old black alumnus was giving the pledges hell, and the big guy pledge notices that he has a Delta branded on his chest - "that's really hardcore."

Just a FYI
He wasn't/isn't black, his background is south Asian.
__________________
Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. ** Greater Service, Greater Progress
Since 1922
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 11-21-2003, 06:32 PM
rho4life rho4life is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 937
Re: It's despicable

Quote:
Originally posted by hoosier
The pledges had to exercise on the beach, and then were given like 55 min. to run the five miles (or whatever) back to the house. It was tough, but doable.

I think it was at the beach where the old black alumnus was giving the pledges hell, and the big guy pledge notices that he has a Delta branded on his chest - "that's really hardcore."

The heavy guy was struggling with the run, but the others took breaks and helped him. Pledge brotherhood was building. Then more crap at the house.

There was a gap from about mid-night until daybreak (either MTV was kicked out or chose not to show it). At daybreak, we see the pledges looking even worse, covered with paint splotches, and wearing diapers over their boxers. They are a mess.

The brothers are shown saying how great the pledge program is (apparently losing over half the pledges, including three during hell week, is a sign of success).

Then the pledges are taken to the Triangle monument, and congratulated for crossing over. Most of the pledges say that pledging "was the greatest thing they've ever done, and their pledge brothers are the greatest guys in the world."

In summary, what a despicable bunch of brothers. What a despicable pledge program. What can these guys' parents and friends think when they see this on TV?

The pledge program reminds me of my pledge days, when we did all sorts of crap - because we were told to and my pledge friends were doing it too. We wanted to be members. We didn't want to be quitters. But my pledge program also had some common sense - there was nothing in public (the crap all took place in the basement or inside the house) and no TV cameras were allowed.

It's seeing what these guys went through, and how sheltered they were that makes me think it might be good if EVERYONE made kids wait until at least 2nd semester to pledge. If poor blubery Jon had gotten out a little more, he would have seen plenty of people with brands [and ones that look better than that!]

It was nice to see that the boys were sharing a candy bar, and it seems like they did ultimately bond w/ each other. However, I was VERY disturbed that they lost soooooo many pledges

I realize they were concerned about people being there for the tv cameras, but I also got the impression that some of what we saw was stuff they would have done anyway. In the begining of the season, I remember when they did the flaming delta on the beach, and I thought, that was cool. But at the end, they just said - you're active. I wish there had been a little more pomp and circumstance, rather than just keeping the boys up for 24 hours.

Also, I didn't realize that this week was the last episode, am I the only one who wants a follow-up or reunion show?????
__________________
If there is no wind, Rho
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 11-21-2003, 06:42 PM
NinjaPoodle NinjaPoodle is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: On the beach. Well....not really but near it. :0)
Posts: 12,951
Quote:
Originally posted by CatStarESP4
What did she mean that she thought that ZSP was different? Did she pledge a sorority before only to depledge?


I thought about that too
__________________
Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. ** Greater Service, Greater Progress
Since 1922
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 11-22-2003, 03:17 AM
mmcat mmcat is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: el paso, texas, usa
Posts: 6,068
with all of these it might be nice to know what happens next...
Reply With Quote
  #321  
Old 11-22-2003, 10:45 AM
GPhiLlama GPhiLlama is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New Orleans. Or pure unpenetrable evil, depending on what I feel like at the moment.
Posts: 380
Send a message via AIM to GPhiLlama Send a message via Yahoo to GPhiLlama
I think that Slater might repledge later. He said it wasn't an option at this time. Course, if he did, they'd probably give him more crap.
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 11-22-2003, 10:57 AM
Senusret I Senusret I is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 12,835
Re: Re: It's despicable

Quote:
Originally posted by NinjaPoodle
Just a FYI
He wasn't/isn't black, his background is south Asian.
Just wanted to reiterate that point.
__________________
I am proud that my last post on this site was telling Kevin to suck my dick.
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 11-22-2003, 11:44 AM
honeychile honeychile is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Counting my blessings!
Posts: 26,693
I didn't watch every episode, but I'm going to post my 2 anyhow

*I really hope that there was a more private install ceremony than we saw. I'm just going to believe that there was.

*I understand those abstaining. By abstaining, I feel that the sister was saying, "Maybe I haven't seen all that this woman has to offer, so if the rest of the chapter can live with her, I will go for the good of the chapter."

*At the same time, there should be a limit to how many abstaintions one can receive before another vote or whatever has to be taken.

*I would not have voted to allow Carmen in. I saw more of a "Oh, cool, a chance to be on MTV!" and "Get the $%^& out of my $%^& face, $%^& MTV!!" - not a desire to be part of a sisterhood. Even the guy at the dress shop (when they were looking for proper dresses) commented on her sour look!

*But to wait until the night before? Come on! That's downright cruel!! Also, to do so over the telephone was not very cool, either. Would it have hurt to have two or three sisters to take Carmen into a room and talk to her privately? She could have left with more dignity then.

*Lastly, I too liked the idea of a "presentation" of the new sisters! That was a very beautiful ceremony, and a nice way to wrap up the season! (especially better than trying to sing the words to "You've Got A Friend" with a piece of paper in one hand & a lit candle in the other!)

Congratulations to the new sisters!
__________________
~*~ honeychile - ~ *~"ADPi until I die!"~*~
Proud to be a Macon Magnolia
"He who is not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 11-22-2003, 04:11 PM
hoosier hoosier is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Now hiding from GC stalkers
Posts: 3,188
The worst idea ever

Quote:
Originally posted by rho4life
It's seeing what these guys went through, and how sheltered they were that makes me think it might be good if EVERYONE made kids wait until at least 2nd semester to pledge.
In my opinion, that is the worst idea ever.

If there is a benefit to fraternity membership, why would it be better to wait a semester to get it?
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 11-22-2003, 04:59 PM
Zetagymnast Zetagymnast is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 279
Send a message via AIM to Zetagymnast Send a message via Yahoo to Zetagymnast
Re: Re: It's despicable

Quote:
Originally posted by rho4life
It's seeing what these guys went through, and how sheltered they were that makes me think it might be good if EVERYONE made kids wait until at least 2nd semester to pledge. If poor blubery Jon had gotten out a little more, he would have seen plenty of people with brands [and ones that look better than that!]

It was nice to see that the boys were sharing a candy bar, and it seems like they did ultimately bond w/ each other. However, I was VERY disturbed that they lost soooooo many pledges

I realize they were concerned about people being there for the tv cameras, but I also got the impression that some of what we saw was stuff they would have done anyway. In the begining of the season, I remember when they did the flaming delta on the beach, and I thought, that was cool. But at the end, they just said - you're active. I wish there had been a little more pomp and circumstance, rather than just keeping the boys up for 24 hours.

Also, I didn't realize that this week was the last episode, am I the only one who wants a follow-up or reunion show?????
I wanted to know who crossed and we didnt because I had to leave the house to help my brothers out with their pledges. I need to be filled in. Also, in my opinion I think they make franternities look bad because all the crap they made them do. I had to prove I wanted to be in my sorority too but at what cost?
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 11-23-2003, 11:26 PM
WhirlwindTNX WhirlwindTNX is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The Clean Burg
Posts: 451
Send a message via AIM to WhirlwindTNX
Carmen on the Zeta website?

Okay so I visited the Zeta Sigma Phi website and Carmen is up there on the intro slide show with some of the actives! She's in the background...but if she isn't a sister, why have her on your intro page?

I get they probably missed that, but.....still.....that uber cute slide show should be for sisters only.
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 11-23-2003, 11:42 PM
wreckingcrew
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Re: It's despicable

Quote:
Originally posted by rho4life
It's seeing what these guys went through, and how sheltered they were that makes me think it might be good if EVERYONE made kids wait until at least 2nd semester to pledge. If poor blubery Jon had gotten out a little more, he would have seen plenty of people with brands [and ones that look better than that!]

no offense man, but i went to one of the largest public schools in the country for 6 years and i never saw a brand on anybody. Not saying that people didn't have them, just that in my interactions i never saw one.

The only brands i've ever seen, i've seen in pictures, and those were mostly Emmitt Smith and other athletes'.

Kitso
KS 361
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 11-24-2003, 12:00 AM
APhiRattlerGal APhiRattlerGal is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 364
Send a message via AIM to APhiRattlerGal Send a message via Yahoo to APhiRattlerGal
Whats their website?
__________________
ΑΦ
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 01-15-2004, 11:14 PM
wreckingcrew
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
heheh

sorry to bump this, but has anyone heard if there's going to be a new season of SL and FL this spring? Did any chapters accept the challenge? I tried to check out www.doublesweetie.com, but it came up blank.

Kitso
KS 361 more drunk sorority girls i need to see on MTV
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.