GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 306,965
Threads: 114,628
Welcome to our newest member, droppedfromGI

Old 11-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_cat_4ever View Post
I'm also surprised how some people were really against it. IMO, if you don't agree with it, then leave it. Why even bother to shoot people's ideas down when it really didn't hurt any GLOs in general? Let them do it and if you don't like it then leave. Just as simple.

I think it's a great idea, but what they really need is a few core members to physically meet up, discuss the constitution and implent it. Gathering opinions on internet just make things complicated and that's what happened...

oh well
It's fine that you think the concept is great and all, but keep in mind that you didn't witness the entire drama known as Gamma Chi firsthand. Sure, there are a lot of posts left, but a lot have been deleted/edited/moved...so you're not getting the entire story.

Before you go painting the naysayers with the big bad brush, you need to know that a big reason why it didn't work out was because of DISSENSION WITHIN THOSE WHO WERE ORGINALLY IN SUPPORT OF IT. Members couldn't agree, there were too many chiefs and not enough indians, etc. etc.

In the end it wasn't worth all the drama for an INTARWEB FRATERNITY.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_cat_4ever View Post
I'm also surprised how some people were really against it. IMO, if you don't agree with it, then leave it. Why even bother to shoot people's ideas down when it really didn't hurt any GLOs in general? Let them do it and if you don't like it then leave. Just as simple.

I think it's a great idea, but what they really need is a few core members to physically meet up, discuss the constitution and implent it. Gathering opinions on internet just make things complicated and that's what happened...

oh well
I agree. I think it would've worked if they tried hard enough. Now, if something like this was thought of today, I can see how it would not work. GC is way too divided now.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 11-10-2006, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

The thought of a serious Internet Fraternity makes me cringe/laugh out loud in public.

David Spade, Tommy Boy : "My fellow nerds and I will retire to the nerdery with our calculators."
Old 11-10-2006, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
It's fine that you think the concept is great and all, but keep in mind that you didn't witness the entire drama known as Gamma Chi firsthand. Sure, there are a lot of posts left, but a lot have been deleted/edited/moved...so you're not getting the entire story.

Before you go painting the naysayers with the big bad brush, you need to know that a big reason why it didn't work out was because of DISSENSION WITHIN THOSE WHO WERE ORGINALLY IN SUPPORT OF IT. Members couldn't agree, there were too many chiefs and not enough indians, etc. etc.

In the end it wasn't worth all the drama for an INTARWEB FRATERNITY.
Yes, and IIRC..... those who weren't in support of it *(myself included) took offense to the possible "eliteism" by the gamma chi members.

Seriously..... there have been many a trainwreck on gc before... some have been serious. This however was gc humor at its best
Old 11-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
Yes, and IIRC..... those who weren't in support of it *(myself included) took offense to the possible "eliteism" by the gamma chi members.
See, I had that feeling from the beginning as well, and my initial thoughts were confirmed when the in-fighting started -- Beta class members pissed because they didn't meet the deadline to be a part of the Alpha Class...officers who took their positions way too seriously which resulted in power trips...members eventually becoming frustrated and saying 'to hell with this..'

Gamma Chi self-destructed on its own and it didn't need the help of those who were against it.

Last edited by Unregistered-; 11-10-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh these two threads are making me seriously lollerskate. This is some a.mazing Internet Drama. I don't think I want to know how internet initation (someone should have called it internetiation) would even work.

Last edited by GDIfly; 11-10-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

God, can you imagine the songs/cheers?

"We wear our silicon chips proudly as we share our brother and sisterhood in virtual reality...."

Not to like shit all over people's ideas because people got really excited about this but I guess the...um, logistics...of an internet sorority/fraternity seem really...insurmountable?

To let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness and sincerity
Old 11-13-2006, 09:45 AM

The Thread Where It All Went Wrong.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Way too organized for me. I like the general anarchy around here.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
The thing that majorly cracks me up about Gamma Chi, is that you had to have 50 posts, or have been around 6 months so people know who you are...because that's such a LONG time and a HUGE number of posts. Now, there are people with 500 posts and I'll read one and think "Who the heck is this person?".
Old 11-14-2006, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
The thing that majorly cracks me up about Gamma Chi, is that you had to have 50 posts, or have been around 6 months so people know who you are...because that's such a LONG time and a HUGE number of posts. Now, there are people with 500 posts and I'll read one and think "Who the heck is this person?".
Maybe because those people aren't on the Intarweb all the time. Or at least on GC. lol

I'm speaking of myself ... I'm only on here when I am REALLY BORED at work or if the H&A alerts me to some drama/laughs/general insane behavior.