GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 306,965
Threads: 114,628
Posts: 2,156,738
Welcome to our newest member, droppedfromGI
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #331  
Old 11-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Unregistered-
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_cat_4ever View Post
I'm also surprised how some people were really against it. IMO, if you don't agree with it, then leave it. Why even bother to shoot people's ideas down when it really didn't hurt any GLOs in general? Let them do it and if you don't like it then leave. Just as simple.

I think it's a great idea, but what they really need is a few core members to physically meet up, discuss the constitution and implent it. Gathering opinions on internet just make things complicated and that's what happened...

oh well
It's fine that you think the concept is great and all, but keep in mind that you didn't witness the entire drama known as Gamma Chi firsthand. Sure, there are a lot of posts left, but a lot have been deleted/edited/moved...so you're not getting the entire story.

Before you go painting the naysayers with the big bad brush, you need to know that a big reason why it didn't work out was because of DISSENSION WITHIN THOSE WHO WERE ORGINALLY IN SUPPORT OF IT. Members couldn't agree, there were too many chiefs and not enough indians, etc. etc.

In the end it wasn't worth all the drama for an INTARWEB FRATERNITY.
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 11-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Dionysus Dionysus is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Trying to stay away form that APOrgy! :eek:
Posts: 8,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_cat_4ever View Post
I'm also surprised how some people were really against it. IMO, if you don't agree with it, then leave it. Why even bother to shoot people's ideas down when it really didn't hurt any GLOs in general? Let them do it and if you don't like it then leave. Just as simple.

I think it's a great idea, but what they really need is a few core members to physically meet up, discuss the constitution and implent it. Gathering opinions on internet just make things complicated and that's what happened...

oh well
I agree. I think it would've worked if they tried hard enough. Now, if something like this was thought of today, I can see how it would not work. GC is way too divided now.
__________________
GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 11-10-2006, 09:48 PM
macallan25 macallan25 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,085
The thought of a serious Internet Fraternity makes me cringe/laugh out loud in public.


David Spade, Tommy Boy : "My fellow nerds and I will retire to the nerdery with our calculators."
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 11-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Thrillhouse Thrillhouse is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Intercontinental Champion
Posts: 2,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
It's fine that you think the concept is great and all, but keep in mind that you didn't witness the entire drama known as Gamma Chi firsthand. Sure, there are a lot of posts left, but a lot have been deleted/edited/moved...so you're not getting the entire story.

Before you go painting the naysayers with the big bad brush, you need to know that a big reason why it didn't work out was because of DISSENSION WITHIN THOSE WHO WERE ORGINALLY IN SUPPORT OF IT. Members couldn't agree, there were too many chiefs and not enough indians, etc. etc.

In the end it wasn't worth all the drama for an INTARWEB FRATERNITY.
Yes, and IIRC..... those who weren't in support of it *(myself included) took offense to the possible "eliteism" by the gamma chi members.

Seriously..... there have been many a trainwreck on gc before... some have been serious. This however was gc humor at its best
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 11-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Unregistered-
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
Yes, and IIRC..... those who weren't in support of it *(myself included) took offense to the possible "eliteism" by the gamma chi members.
See, I had that feeling from the beginning as well, and my initial thoughts were confirmed when the in-fighting started -- Beta class members pissed because they didn't meet the deadline to be a part of the Alpha Class...officers who took their positions way too seriously which resulted in power trips...members eventually becoming frustrated and saying 'to hell with this..'

Gamma Chi self-destructed on its own and it didn't need the help of those who were against it.

Last edited by Unregistered-; 11-10-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 11-10-2006, 11:36 PM
GDIfly GDIfly is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 117
Oh these two threads are making me seriously lollerskate. This is some a.mazing Internet Drama. I don't think I want to know how internet initation (someone should have called it internetiation) would even work.

Last edited by GDIfly; 11-10-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 11-11-2006, 02:16 PM
AChiOhSnap AChiOhSnap is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 582
God, can you imagine the songs/cheers?

"We wear our silicon chips proudly as we share our brother and sisterhood in virtual reality...."

Not to like shit all over people's ideas because people got really excited about this but I guess the...um, logistics...of an internet sorority/fraternity seem really...insurmountable?
__________________
ACW

To let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness and sincerity
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 11-13-2006, 09:45 AM
33girl 33girl is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Hotel Oceanview
Posts: 33,521
The Thread Where It All Went Wrong.
__________________
It is all 33girl's fault. ~DrPhil
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 11-14-2006, 03:11 PM
AnchorAlumna AnchorAlumna is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Old South
Posts: 2,757
Cool

Way too organized for me. I like the general anarchy around here.
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 11-14-2006, 03:22 PM
AlphaFrog AlphaFrog is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: The Ozdust Ballroom
Posts: 14,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
The thing that majorly cracks me up about Gamma Chi, is that you had to have 50 posts, or have been around 6 months so people know who you are...because that's such a LONG time and a HUGE number of posts. Now, there are people with 500 posts and I'll read one and think "Who the heck is this person?".
__________________
Facile remedium est ubertati; sterilia nullo labore vincuntur.
I think pearls are lovely, especially when you need something to clutch. ~ AzTheta
The Real World Can't Hear You ~ GC Troll
Reply With Quote
  #341  
Old 11-14-2006, 03:36 PM
kk_bama kk_bama is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
The thing that majorly cracks me up about Gamma Chi, is that you had to have 50 posts, or have been around 6 months so people know who you are...because that's such a LONG time and a HUGE number of posts. Now, there are people with 500 posts and I'll read one and think "Who the heck is this person?".
Maybe because those people aren't on the Intarweb all the time. Or at least on GC. lol

I'm speaking of myself ... I'm only on here when I am REALLY BORED at work or if the H&A alerts me to some drama/laughs/general insane behavior.
__________________
ROLL SABAN ROLL
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.