GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,518
1 members and 1,517 guests
Cookiez17

Old 04-30-2001, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via AIM to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via Yahoo to Katey Alpha Gam
Smile

Off campus I think I would really go AXO, XO or Tri-Delt. I love what y'all stand for and I think all three groups have amazing sisterhood!

------------------
Katey, ZA chapter of AGD
"Could I have been anyone other than me?"-Dave Matthews
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-23-2001, 05:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Kappa or Tri-Delt. I have always been really intrigued by both.
Old 05-23-2001, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I start university a year before Zeta Psi showed up at the University of Waterloo, so there was only one other choice: Sigma Chi. And, as a mathematician, the thought of wearing a Sigma and a Chi was pretty tempting.

But, I got caught up in other things and never bothered going out.

Once I heard that Zeta Psi was on campus, there was no being lazy, I went out as soon as I could.

That's the long answer, the short answer is: none. If there was no Zeta Psi, I'd spend my spare time doing not much of anything.

That's about the only time my lazyness has paid off =)
Old 05-23-2001, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

At our school, had I not discovered Sig Tau, I would have definitely went Sigma Chi, or Phi Kappa Tau.
Old 05-23-2001, 09:14 PM

At my school, I would have gone DZ. They are super cool girls - were always good friends - and some of them are still my party buddies at Homecoming!!
Old 05-24-2001, 10:51 AM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalGirl:
I love this topic!

If none of the girls that were in my chapter when I joined, had never joined another chapter; Chi Omega! I loved them in rush.

If the girls that were in my chapter when I joined, had joined other chapters; probably Theta. Their our biggest competition during rush, so naturally I'd feel more comfortable w/ their members.

If we had an ADPi chapter though, they would have been my top choice. Every ADPi I've ever encountered has made me wish that either I was one too, or that she had joined my sorority! And since they have the same flower I wouldn't have a lot of redecorating to do.
Chi Omega!!! But they're evil, I tell 'ya!

Old 05-24-2001, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Well, I'm a Kappa, and I wouldn't truly want to be ANYTHING else...but if I had to choose, definitely Pi Phi. They're our "sister" sorority and they have great nationals like KKG and beautiful symbols and ideals.
Old 05-24-2001, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

SH80

That is a terribly unpanhellenic thing to say. You shouldn't make hasty generalizations like that.
Old 05-24-2001, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RedHotChiO:
SH80

That is a terribly unpanhellenic thing to say. You shouldn't make hasty generalizations like that.
Hi RedHotChiO! SH80 is sarcastically paraphrasing some wackos that used to post on GreekChat; no one on here actually thinks Chi-O is evil. On the contrary, Chi Omega is well respected and well represented!

------------------
@~Tracy~@
Proud to be Delta-Z

By the light of the lamp, by the light of the lamp, by the bright shiny light, by the light of the lamp...if you are a DeeZee, you're the best that you can be, by the bright shiny light of the lamp!

[This message has been edited by KillarneyRose (edited May 24, 2001).]
Old 05-24-2001, 06:03 PM

The truth is that I didn't plan to rush at all. If Delt had not come after me (Thank goodness they did!), I would probably be independent.

I suppose if I'd chosen to rush, and Delt wasn't there, I would have gone Beta or Sig.
Old 05-25-2001, 12:56 AM

Delta Zeta or Delta Gamma...DZs look like they have tons of fun and DGs coz i have friends in there and they would most probably asked me to rush them anyway =)
Old 05-25-2001, 02:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Well if I hadn't started a Kappa Sigma chapter . . . I would have had to have gone Delta Zeta, great girls here . . . I'd much rather be in a sorority (slumber parties, pillow fights etc) . . . just this pesky gender thing getting in the way .
Old 05-25-2001, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I pref'd Pi Phi, DG and ADPi. I was lucky, I liked all three GLOs I went to on Pref night and would have felt proud to be a member. I was very comfortable with DG, but my heart was in/at Pi Phi.

Old 05-25-2001, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by James:
Well if I hadn't started a Kappa Sigma chapter . . . I would have had to have gone Delta Zeta, great girls here . . . I'd much rather be in a sorority (slumber parties, pillow fights etc) . . . just this pesky gender thing getting in the way .
Well James, you could always be our DZ Greekchat Cuddle-Buddy!

------------------
@~Tracy~@
Proud to be Delta-Z

By the light of the lamp, by the light of the lamp, by the bright shiny light, by the light of the lamp...if you are a DeeZee, you're the best that you can be, by the bright shiny light of the lamp!

[This message has been edited by KillarneyRose (edited May 25, 2001).]
Old 05-25-2001, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Yes, I know I've already posted on this thread, but hey...

Of all the sororities I rushed, three really stood out. They were Kappa, KD, and ADPi.

With KD, I loved everything I read about the national, but did not really click with the chapter.

With ADPi, I was impressed by their national, but it just didn't seem "me." That being said, the chapter had great girls.

With Kappa, I loved the national more than KD and the chapter more than ADPi. There's no question that Kappa was perfect for me.

If Kappa weren't in the picture, it would be a tough call between KD and ADPi. I guess I would have to choose which was more important to me, the national or the chapter.

This is a really cool thread!

And If I were a guy, there's no question that I would be a Chi Psi

[This message has been edited by kappagirl00 (edited June 29, 2001).]