GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 307,898
Threads: 114,785
Posts: 2,159,225
Welcome to our newest member, vruielu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-17-2001, 06:41 PM
TruePassion TruePassion is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 30
Post Pledging

Hello!
I recently returned to school this semester. I am 27 year old junior and very intreasted in pledging. However, the only thing stopping me is my age. I have two and half more years left in school and I don't want to wait to pledge in graduate school. Or should I? Please help!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-17-2001, 06:46 PM
Unregistered-
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Lightbulb

True, welcome to GC. Doing a search of the topics can give you the information you need.

Here's one for starters: http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/...ML/000291.html
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-17-2001, 08:00 PM
TruePassion TruePassion is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 30
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine:
True, welcome to GC. Doing a search of the topics can give you the information you need.

Here's one for starters: http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/...ML/000291.html
Thanks for the tip
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-18-2001, 12:49 AM
DGPhoney DGPhoney is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,073
Post

Go for the Gold !!!!! Don't let your age hold u back, if it's something u want to do then go for. Find an org that u feel comfortable with , and have fun with it. Your never to old to odo anything
SO I wish u luck, and if u need any help or info, drop me a line, and I'll be glad to help
One and Much Love
DGPhoney~
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-18-2001, 01:10 AM
equeen equeen is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 610
Send a message via AIM to equeen
Post

TruePassion - I can't imagine that anything you endeavor to accomplish would elude you, if you live up to your name (nice one, btw).

I've made comments on the other threads about one of my fellow Chapter Founders - and to that, I'll add that my Chapter's Candidate Class this semester consists of two beautiful women. They are 22 and 25, respectively. I could not ask for a more dynamic duo to call Sisters, and I am truly proud of them in what they have accomplished thus far in attaining their goal of sisterhood. dfly and BannaOJ, if you are reading this, know that I am proud of you.

Be sure and know about different sororities and women's fraternities, and what their expectations of a new member are. Best of luck in your quest for sisterhood!

------------------

@-->---
Pure as Silver, and True Blue!
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies


[This message has been edited by equeen (edited April 18, 2001).]
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-18-2001, 11:49 AM
TruePassion TruePassion is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 30
Post


Thank you so much!! I have really been truggling with this issue. Yes I will continue to keeep in touch and I am not afraid to ask for help.
Thanks so much!!!!!


Quote:
Originally posted by DGPhoney:
Go for the Gold !!!!! Don't let your age hold u back, if it's something u want to do then go for. Find an org that u feel comfortable with , and have fun with it. Your never to old to odo anything
SO I wish u luck, and if u need any help or info, drop me a line, and I'll be glad to help
One and Much Love
DGPhoney~
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-18-2001, 11:50 AM
TruePassion TruePassion is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 30
Post


Thanks for the information!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by equeen:
TruePassion - I can't imagine that anything you endeavor to accomplish would elude you, if you live up to your name (nice one, btw).

I've made comments on the other threads about one of my fellow Chapter Founders - and to that, I'll add that my Chapter's Candidate Class this semester consists of two beautiful women. They are 22 and 25, respectively. I could not ask for a more dynamic duo to call Sisters, and I am truly proud of them in what they have accomplished thus far in attaining their goal of sisterhood. dfly and BannaOJ, if you are reading this, know that I am proud of you.

Be sure and know about different sororities and women's fraternities, and what their expectations of a new member are. Best of luck in your quest for sisterhood!

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-25-2001, 06:00 PM
Tom Earp Tom Earp is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Kansas City, Kansas USA
Posts: 22,977
Post

True, I was 24 when I started the local! We colonized 8 mo. later! I am still envolved with my Fraternity to this day and especially the Chapter and I am 59. Well GC'ers this may come as a surprise to some of you! I love the Greek life and all of the people who are members. We are the minority, no matter GLO/BGLO and we fight for our lives all over the country! You can and will have alot to give to the right group that you go with and I hope that they can see it.
I am still trying to figure out what I will be when I grow up! Maybe a Harry! Best of LUCK to YOU in Your Quest

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-26-2001, 12:53 AM
pirate00 pirate00 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: somewhere applying my magic touch
Posts: 1,054
Send a message via AIM to pirate00 Send a message via Yahoo to pirate00
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by TruePassion:
Hello!
I recently returned to school this semester. I am 27 year old junior and very intreasted in pledging. However, the only thing stopping me is my age. I have two and half more years left in school and I don't want to wait to pledge in graduate school. Or should I? Please help!!
By all means, PLEDGE!!! I'm sure you'll have a lot to offer any sorority you join. We just initiated 2 new new brothers who are both 31 years old and are wonderful guys. They were shy at first but know they find themselves very comfortable. Don't hold back because of your age because you'll never know what you've missed out on. Remember, "No day but today!"

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.