GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,494
0 members and 1,494 guests
No Members online

Old 08-26-2007, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Indiana University

This may not be the proper place for this question, and I know that they have deferred rush, but can anyone tell me how competitive rush is at Indiana University? And also, how involved are their pledge periods time-wise? I have a young friend who is a high school senior this year, beautiful, very smart, very popular and ULTRA-talented vocally. IU is one of the schools she is looking at (along with Julliard, Mannes, Manhattan School...) because while she will be a vocal performance major she is also interested in having a "backup plan" degree that she couldn't get at a conservatory. Both parents and a brother were/are greek, and she is from the deep south so most of her friends are going to SEC schools and are already talking about rush. She would love to be in a sorority and has a lot to offer in the way of leadership skills as well as her absolutely stunning singing voice. I told her mama that I would poke around on GC and see what I could find out!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-26-2007, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECMom View Post
This may not be the proper place for this question, and I know that they have deferred rush, but can anyone tell me how competitive rush is at Indiana University? And also, how involved are their pledge periods time-wise? I have a young friend who is a high school senior this year, beautiful, very smart, very popular and ULTRA-talented vocally. IU is one of the schools she is looking at (along with Julliard, Mannes, Manhattan School...) because while she will be a vocal performance major she is also interested in having a "backup plan" degree that she couldn't get at a conservatory. Both parents and a brother were/are greek, and she is from the deep south so most of her friends are going to SEC schools and are already talking about rush. She would love to be in a sorority and has a lot to offer in the way of leadership skills as well as her absolutely stunning singing voice. I told her mama that I would poke around on GC and see what I could find out!
IU is a tough recruitment because they don't use a traditional quota/total system. Therefore, there are a limited number of spots available, regardless of how many women rush.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
IU is a tough recruitment because they don't use a traditional quota/total system. Therefore, there are a limited number of spots available, regardless of how many women rush.
Think SEC...very comparable in the need for multiple recs and since it deferred, word of mouth visa vis reputation and involvement is extremely important.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Totally off topic, but my priest's granddaughter is going through recruitment here. She's a DZ legacy (priest's wife is a DZ, he was a Phi Delt).
Old 08-26-2007, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I remember now reading last year about the no quota deal...does it have to do with the amount of space in the houses?

What about time issues? Does anyone know a performance major or some sort of extremely hard major-person that juggled sorority life with a super demanding schedule?

How do out of state girls do?
Old 08-26-2007, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

One of my daughter's friends is in the ballet program there and is in Delta Gamma. They were in a preprofessional company together from the time they were 8 years old, until she moved to Indiana after her first year of high school and she has been to summer programs at the biggies in NYC, so she is at a very high level. So, obviously, there's SOME time for sorority life!

As for out of staters, can't help with that!
Old 08-26-2007, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

SEC Mom

SECMom,

I PM'd you.