GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,546
1 members and 2,545 guests
No Members online

Old 08-11-2006, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFStefanie
Just heed the above advice. As long as it looks right for your body type, you dont have to correct it in order for it to look appropriate and you look respectable... then you are fine.
I agree, as long as you feel comfortable, confident and classy in it. Keep in mind that you may have to sit on the floor on philanthropy day. Most of the houses will do crafts and not every house has table seating. You'll want to be able to move easily.

Last edited by UCFalumna; 08-11-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-11-2006, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I love hot pink, so of course I like your idea for what to wear! It sounds okay to me, like has been said, if you're comfortable wearing that and know that nothing's going to accidentally peek out (i.e. undies or bra) when you're sitting down at some of the events. You may have to sit on the floor, so try that out when you're picking your outfit and make sure you're comfortable like that. Good luck!
Old 08-15-2006, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Last edited by Ocalagirl; 05-26-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

best wishes liltrixx.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UCFStefanie
Have an awesome time. I am envious of you. I so wish I was at UCF for rush this year!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

1st day of recruitment

Last edited by Ocalagirl; 05-26-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Last edited by Ocalagirl; 05-26-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I am sorry to hear that today was a disappointment for you. Just keep your chin up and keep on with the process and see how it goes.

I know you are feeling a little surprised and upset; but, do be careful with saying that the recs were a waste of time. Saying that would be a disservice to the women who took the time to write them for you. PNMs should understand that recs are never a "magic ticket" to be invited back or receive a bid to an organization. Though, it sounds to me like you probably spoke out of frustration and disappointment.

It sounds like you're making a connection with Debbie. It's great to have a favorite; but, do be mindful to not "put all of your eggs in one basket" so to speak. As I said above, march on and see what all of the chapters have to offer!

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 08-17-2006, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to hear that Philanthropy Day didn't go well for you. Keep your chin up and your mind open. UCF is home to a great Greek system, and if you look past the fancy houses and your preconceived notions, you may just find a home, even if its not where you originally dreamed of. Look at the girls and at the sisterhood. I urge you not to write off a chapter because one girl played with her hair and tapped her foot.

Best of luck to you!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane
I know you are feeling a little surprised and upset; but, do be careful with saying that the recs were a waste of time. Saying that would be a disservice to the women who took the time to write them for you. PNMs should understand that recs are never a "magic ticket" to be invited back or receive a bid to an organization. Though, it sounds to me like you probably spoke out of frustration and disappointment.
Pretty much yeah I was just really frustrated when I got home and am still kinda sad. Although I knew recs weren't the "magic ticket", I thought they would help me a little bit more although I have recs for three out of the four chapters that did ask me back. I think recs are great for giving a chapter an into to a person. All I think is everything will get better and go through with a positive attitude even though I might be upset. Thanks everyone and I truly do appreciate the awesome women who wrote me recs!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

i am sorry that you day wasn't as great as you had hoped. give the other houses a chance, though. you might be surprised as the week goes on how much you click with a house you thought you didn't at the beginning. best of luck tomorrow!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry that your day didn't go as planned. I hope that you keep on open mind and continue on in the process. You seemed too excited to just let go so quickly. I bet there are quite a few women who were released completely who would have been very excited to have four invitations. It only takes one, if it's the right one and you never know which one the "right" one is until you open yourself up to all the possibilities.

It's still early on in the week and you haven't had the opportunity to spend a lot of time in any one house or with any one sisterhood. Take your friends advice, relax and have fun. It just sounds like you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself, but that's understandable. Get some rest, do something to distract yourself and then try tackling the situation with a positive attitude in the morning.

Good luck!

Last edited by UCFalumna; 08-17-2006 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UCFStefanie
Quote:
Originally Posted by liltrixx
I would tell which orgs cut me, but since there is a slim to none chance that one might pick me back up I will keep my mouth shut.

Keep your Chin up

Speaking as a person who was picked up form a chapter that had dreopped them... miracles can happen. Stick it out and give all the groups a try. I had the same experience that you are having when I went thought and ultimately ended up with my #1 choice that I had loved from day one.

Remember it only takes 1

PM Me if you need to chat. I am all ears.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rollergirl2001
Sorry to hear about your day. Just be glad and thankful that you are invited back. Think of the girls that didn't make it to Philantrophy Day. You are much luckier than they are. Be positive and things will hopefully work out in the end.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:01 AM

Sorry to hear about today, but do stick it out.

Remember that the girls you talk to during rush are just a small portion of the women in the entire chapter.

Things change from day to day, and in the end, it only takes one! Best of luck!

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 08-18-2006 at 03:04 AM.