GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,460
0 members and 1,460 guests
No Members online

Old 04-26-2005, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Lilly Pulitzer dress on Ebay!

look @ this precious Lilly Pulitzer dress I just bought on E-bay for $42.35:

LiLLy PuLiTzER dress!!

Also.. do you think i can wear it for rush @ Florida State?!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-26-2005, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

That dress is so cute! Good buy! As far as I am concerned, you can't go wrong with Lilly Pulitzer for anything.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

i actually saw a few cute lilly pulitzer dresses on ebay. i was just wondering if anyone knows how their sizes run.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AEPhiSierra
i actually saw a few cute lilly pulitzer dresses on ebay. i was just wondering if anyone knows how their sizes run.
I've found that Lillies seem to be made for women who are rather unendowed in the chest department. Since I'm on the busty size, I've usually bought the dress one size larger than I'd normally wear to accommodate the girls and then have it taken in. The shift styles, especially, are very easy to have tailored.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AEPhiSierra
My experience is that the dresses are cut rather slim through the hips. They also run long, which is a consideration for the styles that aren't strapless. (I am a petite pear shape, and lots of them are just don't fit me. )

I read an article in Vanity Fair a while back about the founding of the company. Lilly Pulitzer herself was somewhat barrel-chested, and she designed first dresses to flatter her figure. She also lined the dresses with cotton since she preferred to not wear undergarments.

Kappa Kappa Gamma

Tradition of Leadership

Old 04-27-2005, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Interesting discussion of how the sizes run. Not that I could ever see myself being possessed to buy a Lily dress, but there's no way they'd fit me right from what you guys say. I've got T&A, though at least they're long, lol.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AWJDZ
I have had most of my Lilly's altered. Some of the more classic cuts tend to run long, but a lot of the newer styles are shorter. They have always been easy to alter. I have a larger chest and have never had much problem in them not fitting in that area (other than never being able to keep my Sabrina dress up and tied tight enough)

I have gotten a lot of good deal on ebay. Many of the people sell last years stuff with the tags still on. If your in to it, its pretty much classic and you can never go wrong. I am the only one of my friends who wear it....so they think I am a little out there. I love it!
Old 04-28-2005, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UlChiOCutie26
That's so cute! And, you bought it from someone in Louisville, KY. I knew we had good stuff to offer here!