GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,510
0 members and 1,510 guests
No Members online

Old 01-09-2010, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks benzgirl for bringing this thread back!!!!

I'm originally from the Canton, OH area...went to school in Dayton, OH, graduated in 2008...and now back in the Canton area

Θ Φ Α

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-11-2010, 08:30 AM
GreekChat Member

grew up in Columbus, went to school at Ohio University. Now live in Indiana, but raising three Ohio State & Ohio University fans.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 01-11-2010, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I grew up in Huber Heights (by Dayton), moved to Illinois, moved back to Columbus for The Ohio State University (go bucks!!), and am now back in Illinois for veterinary school, but my family now lives down in Centerville, OH.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know if I posted it already but I'll repeat myself just for the sake of repeating myself....

Born and raised in Canton, OH - attended The University of Akron (undergrad), got married and now live in Uniontown (10 minutes north of Canton), teach in Canton, and working on grad school at *gasp* Kent State University.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:58 PM

Yay for Ohio. Most peeps know what school I went to for undergrad and grad.

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:55 AM

I'm still in the same place I was when I first posted in this thread! How time flies.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahgirl View Post
I don't know if I posted it already but I'll repeat myself just for the sake of repeating myself....

Born and raised in Canton, OH - attended The University of Akron (undergrad), got married and now live in Uniontown (10 minutes north of Canton), teach in Canton, and working on grad school at *gasp* Kent State University.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Anyone in the Dayton area? I'm originally from the north coast of Ohio and now my husband may be transferred to Dayton (Wright-Patt). Since I'm not familiar with the southern part of the state, does anyone have any information at all about how nice the area is and how you like it??

Thanks much!
Old 01-13-2010, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I currently live in Fairfield, OH a suburb of Cincinnati and home to the worlds greatest store Jungle Jims. I went to the University of Toledo for undergrad and was initiated into the Theta Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta and for my second undergrad went to Wright State University in Dayton, OH.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherKD View Post
Anyone in the Dayton area? I'm originally from the north coast of Ohio and now my husband may be transferred to Dayton (Wright-Patt). Since I'm not familiar with the southern part of the state, does anyone have any information at all about how nice the area is and how you like it??

Thanks much!
If he is working on the base. Beavercreek is a very nice area. Parts of Fairborn is iffy. Not neccessarily bad, just not as new as most of Beavercreek. To the north you have Huber Heights which is also an alright area. The area near the base has grown a lot over the past few years due somewhat to the expansion of WSU. Most everything was built within the last 15 years. There are 2 malls, good schools and convenient highway access. I will be honest in the 3 years I lived in Dayton I spent most of my time driving back to Cincinnati (45 mins) away. That being said there is lots to do and you will find most of Dayton not half bad.

Diana

Last edited by FuzzieWuzzie; 01-13-2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-13-2010, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherKD View Post

Thanks much!
I moved to the Dayton area when I was in high school and went to Miami University, so lived in SW Ohio for about 8 years.

I lived in Tipp City and knew a lot of people who worked at Wright-Patt. I didn't like Tipp because I don't care for small town life, but it has a lot of things going for it. Great public schools and a nice "old town" area downtown with good antiquing, cute shops, etc. Houses are going pretty cheaply right now too -- one of my friends bought a 4-bedroom house with a huge yard in a nice neighborhood for 200k. Tipp is north of Dayton, really close to the 70-75 interchange.

If you want to be closer to Dayton proper, I agree that Beavercreek is fine.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Born and raised in Oklahoma, greek at Oklahoma State, have lived in Cincinnati for 33 years. My son, born in Cincinnati, is greek at Wittenberg in Springfield.

AnotherKD: Dayton, the people are nice. Kettering is beautiful, Beavercreek nice too. Just S of Dayton, Centerville is nice as well. I love the Dayton Art Museum. It's beautiful. I would take the kiddos up there for special exhibits.

Wright State, Wittenberg, Miami, UC, Wilmington and Northern Kentucky U (all an easy commute from Dayton), have KD chapters. The region is saturated!

Last edited by Katmandu; 01-13-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Cincinnati!!! suburb called *******!

Old 01-14-2010, 08:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the insight- I'm not thrilled about the prospect of leaving DC (I live and work in the middle of the city and we even bought a townhouse in downtown about 2 years ago... oops) but I guess I can look forward to not having my kids enter the DC public school system. While we make a good amount of money, we still wouldn't be able to afford places like Sidwell Friends or Georgetown Prep.

Ah, the things about getting older. Worrying about schools and such instead of your proximity to a great concert venue or how many bars you can safely walk to (and home from).
Old 01-15-2010, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

AnotherKD, One word to remember when you move to Dayton.... Dorothy Lane Market!

Last edited by Katmandu; 01-15-2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Actually.... it's THREE words...