GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,866
2 members and 1,864 guests
LaneSig, Sciencewoman

Old 12-06-2002, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to White_Chocolate
in a restaurant in Nashville. . .

some guy in a band, CRT-49, was wearing a faded yellow Phi Sigma Sigma shirt. . .
i screamed during the show 'where in the hell did you get a phi sig shirt?'
and he looked over and said, 'hey, my mom's a sorority girl'
and i screamed back 'tell her that another phi sig said hey!'

and he was like, 'weird'
Old 12-06-2002, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
In the movie Leagally Blond at the very beginning when Reese Witherspoon is in her bedroom you can see the DG crest on a paddle - but it's been changed...her puppy dogs head has been added to it. But it's the exact crest with that exception. The house used was also a real Delta Gamma house.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Murfreesboro, TN - It's Great .. to be .. from Middle Tennessee
Look at the Randy Owen's (far right) chair!

He is a PiKapp!
Old 12-14-2002, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

So.....I thought Frank on Real World: Las Vegas was a FIJI?? He was wearing a Sigma Phi Epsilon sweatshirt during the team building activities.....
Old 12-14-2002, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to skjackee Send a message via Yahoo to skjackee
Well at my school, we have this really ugly anchor that everyone paints (two of the frats, Delta Sig and Sig Ep I think, have this big rivalry over it. Delta Sig has to keep it green, Sig Ep has to keep it red, it'll change colors 4 times within ten minutes) and three of my non-Greek friends painted it hot pink one night, and the next day, someone tagged it up with Tri-Delta, which pissed off a lot of people.

Also, I was watching one of the old-school SNL episodes and they had this skit where they were making fun of sorority girls and they were all supposed to be Tri-Delts, complete with letters. IN fact, one of my guy friends didn't even think Delta Delta Delta was a real sorority, he said "Isn't that the fake sorority they make fun of on Saturday Night Live?"
Old 12-15-2002, 04:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
Quote:
Originally posted by skjackee
Also, I was watching one of the old-school SNL episodes and they had this skit where they were making fun of sorority girls and they were all supposed to be Tri-Delts, complete with letters. IN fact, one of my guy friends didn't even think Delta Delta Delta was a real sorority, he said "Isn't that the fake sorority they make fun of on Saturday Night Live?"
Actually on my campus, the tri-delt chapter has used the SNL skit for greek week before.

Also, in an episode of road rules, they come to Northern Arizona University and end up wondering through the halls of our all greek dorm, so I know you see letters everywhere then.

As for a random story. In the Bay Area California where I was brought up I never saw greek letters on cars. People just didnt put them on cars. Well it was random because this past thanksgiving break I randomly saw letters. I do not remember whose they were, but it surprised me.
Old 12-15-2002, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Someone mentioned the letters in Happy Days. At the beginning of the show (the ones after Richie and Ralph are gone) there is a clip from Arnold's and you can see DG and KKG plaques on the wall. Sometimes you can see these in an episode.
Old 12-15-2002, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PKTKKG
Someone mentioned the letters in Happy Days. At the beginning of the show (the ones after Richie and Ralph are gone) there is a clip from Arnold's and you can see DG and KKG plaques on the wall. Sometimes you can see these in an episode.
They actually had an episode where Potsie pinned his girlfriend and they sang pinning songs, etc. I think that Richie, Potsie and Ralph were ATO's and the girls were DG's.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the local mall to get a life.
Old 12-15-2002, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

unexpected letters

On the MTV show where eminem puts on a surprise concert for MSU students, they show many of the sorority and frat houses on campus. I cant remember all of them, but im pretty sure they show thetas, alph sigs, kappas, maybe sig ep. I do know for a fact that MTV went to most of these houses offering us tickets and at somet of the houses they had brought a camera with them.
Old 12-16-2002, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via AIM to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via Yahoo to Katey Alpha Gam
Pi Kap's
-I have a sweatshirt bin and on the side, the label has a Pi Kap sweatshirt in the bin
Old 12-16-2002, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Don't think this really counts, but I get a kick out of it: On some license plates in South Carolina, the letter combination is "KKG."
Old 12-16-2002, 01:35 PM

For a while one of our chapter sisters had the Penna. license plate "ASA 1901" (1901 is the year we were founded). She didn't request it, it just randomly came up! We thought that was pretty cool.

Edited for ghastly spelling errors perpetrated by Mr. 33's computer.

Last edited by 33girl; 12-17-2002 at 09:45 AM.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LauraKD
THE SUV

I always see this one SUV whenever I am home. On its license plate, it says KD AOT 4. I get so excited. The day after Thanksgiving, I saw it in town and stopped in the middle of the road. The driver must think I am crazy, I know my boyrfiend does! However, he is starting to notice the SUV now and he tells me about it when I am at school!
Old 12-17-2002, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
TBS, KKPsi and SAI letters are all in the movie DRUMLINE... GO SEE IT!

I was watching Road Rules the college one, and at the school they step at theres a KKPsi crest in the background. I searched for some TBS lovin and lo and behold, theres a big golden sigma aganst the bandroom wall, with a blue TB behind it!!!!!!! Gotta love that!

I keep searching all the women who come through my line at work for some BSP lovin, but non so far!!!!

I run into some really nice alums sometimes, mostly DZ's they all rock!
Old 12-18-2002, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaXiAsh
someone said about never seeing letters in the bay area...thats very true, I'm from the bay area and I'm home for a break. I went to the movies the other night and there was a girl wearing an AXO sweatshirt...I got excited because I thats the first time I've seen anyone wearing letters in all of my 18 years living here...

anyhoo as far as my own suprise...I didn't tell my mom when i joined alpha xi because I knew she wouldn't be happy about it, but she found out when the Quill (our National magazine) was sent home. I went home for a weekend and saw a Alpha Xi magnet on the fridge and thought I was in the wrong house for a minute...apparently she warmed up to me being in a sorority.