GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,645
0 members and 2,645 guests
No Members online

Old 12-31-2008, 10:20 AM

If I see another retro rush story I'm going to projectile hurl.

Stupid hooker doing stuff last minute, don't start with me. You will not win.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Do you like chitlins?
I've never tried them, so I don't know if I'd like them. But knowing myself as well as I do, if something doesn't smell good, I may not like the taste. But if they're prepared well, they may taste good.
"Having a nasty attitude won't yield you the results you want when you want them; it'll just make people steer clear of you and your toxicity in order to keep from being contaminated by you and your nastiness."- Me
Old 12-31-2008, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnatraAmore View Post
What am I going to do next year? Do I really want to move to Harlem? Or try to find a reasonable apartment somewhere in NYC? <sigh>
You could be my neighbor! And you know darn well "reasonable apartment" and NYC don't belong in the same sentence. Plus, Harlem IS still NYC, just not the one you see on postcards. Were still 212!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
You could be my neighbor! And you know darn well "reasonable apartment" and NYC don't belong in the same sentence. Plus, Harlem IS still NYC, just not the one you see on postcards. Were still 212!

Hey tld!!!!!! *waving* Missed ya 'round these parts!!!!

The only way NYC and reasonable apartment would go in the same sentence is if- and ONLY if- there's a low income housing lottery going on. THAT.IS.ALL!!!! tld, I know you'd back me up on that one.
"Having a nasty attitude won't yield you the results you want when you want them; it'll just make people steer clear of you and your toxicity in order to keep from being contaminated by you and your nastiness."- Me
Old 12-31-2008, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Kappa Alpha Psi was founded on Jan 5, 1911, and every year my day without fail says "Y'all made sure you all were founded on an Alpha's birthday."

His birthday is Jan 5 and he's an Alpha. He tells me we couldn't even have been founded unless it was on an Alpha's birthday..
My paternal grandfather (R.I.P.) was born on Jan. 5th also, 17 years after Kappa Alpha Psi was founded. I miss him so.....
Old 12-31-2008, 11:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_sunshine View Post
*UPDATE*

This dead weight STILL hasn't returned my iPod and adapter to me, nor has he paid me the money for the headphone jack I fixed on said iPod and the CD player he won't return. Then he called me back saying I was phuckin' buggin' and going crazy, and had the nerve to mention the jewelry he was gonna get for me that he can't get outta hock. Nucca, nobody told your stubborn Jacques-azz to put a ring on layaway that cost like $1500. So, if that's a problem, allow me to offer a solution: Gimme the dayum receipt for the ring and I'll pay it off my dayum self. And about the iPod, if I don't get it back before midnight tonight, you and your friend can take turns shoving the iPod up your azzes and crapping it out sideways because

I.AM.OFFICIALLY.DONE.WITH.Y'ALL.NUCCAS!!!!!!!!!
It is your fault for having dead weight in your life, in the first place.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Kappa Alpha Psi was founded on Jan 5, 1911, and every year my day without fail says "Y'all made sure you all were founded on an Alpha's birthday."

His birthday is Jan 5 and he's an Alpha. He tells me we couldn't even have been founded unless it was on an Alpha's birthday..
LOL. You know dads, especially Alpha dads don't lie PB. Your gonna be hearing that for a long time.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Mmmm, dinner smells good. I don't even know what's cooking. But whatever it is, it smells delicious!!

I did help though. I made the minute rice. I ruined one box, but the second box came out great!
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 12-31-2008, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
I don't know what the hell is wrong with my dog. He's had a mosquito bite on his chest for the longest. It's gotten bigger, because he keeps rubbing it on the ground trying to scratch it. Going out to look for some kind of anti itching cream.
Take him to the vet. It's probably something small and not very serious that will be treated with a topical cream, but on the small chance it is something bad, like skin cancer, the vet will probably be able to treat it more easily.

(One of my dogs had had three tumors removed and he's still doing fine for a huge old dog. Don't worry, but take him in. )
Old 12-31-2008, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAalum94 View Post
Take him to the vet. It's probably something small and not very serious that will be treated with a topical cream, but on the small chance it is something bad, like skin cancer, the vet will probably be able to treat it more easily.

(One of my dogs had had three tumors removed and he's still doing fine for a huge old dog. Don't worry, but take him in. )
I would take him to the vet too. We had a mosquito bite go really bad on our basset hound (granted the bite was on the ear-- and he got a hematoma, his whole ear swelled up like a balloon!). Dogs can also take benadryl, but you'd need to call the vet to get the correct dosage for your dog's size. Plus if it's been there a while, it may be infected.

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
If I see another retro rush story I'm going to projectile hurl.
im so glad im not the only one who feels that way!!
Old 12-31-2008, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you hubby for hooking up the HD box to the big screen TV downstairs so I can watch the bowl games.

But PLEASE put cable back on the upstairs tv.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Seriously? 3-0? I'm glad i didn't buy tickets to the bowl game. I want to see points flying everywhere, not a freaking 3-0 game!
Old 12-31-2008, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I'm an archaeologist and quite skilled with a shovel; however that doesn't mean I want to remove the snow from my driveway and sidewalks, that is what you've been hired to do and frankly having no one to answer your phone or even an answering machine has removed all faith I have in your services.

Since it is New Year's Eve, and I haven't been able to reach you for days, let's just assume you wouldn't show up before Monday, if you deign to show up at all. Bummer for you I took pictures and have two police officers and my neighbors as witnesses to my amazing snow removal skills. My landlord is going to compensate me, and I'm getting a workout, thanks!
Old 12-31-2008, 07:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Zephyrus, I know you might think I'm kidding, ya know, with this being greekchat and all. But based on your post that doesn't sound like a mosquito bite. I'm just curious, how big has it gotten? Also, push on it a little. Does it feel firm or kind of soft? Look under your dogs fur and see what it looks like. Does it have a small hole in the center of the "mosquito bite?" If it does, that is not a bite of any kind at all. If it has a hole in the center or slightly off, don't touch it anymore, at all. Call your vet. Seriously. More likely than not, it's a warble.
My dog is fine, but what's a warble?