GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,587
1 members and 1,586 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 06-16-2022, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Havana View Post
UGH HATE HATE HATE THIS. We all know what this is code for...
It is likely it is Historically Jewish (is there only one in the NPC after all the mergers?) there is also an NPC sorority which is Historically Catholic and I've met a few Protestants who would describe Catholicism as a Religion that they do not belong to.
Old 06-17-2022, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
It is likely it is Historically Jewish (is there only one in the NPC after all the mergers?)
AEPhi and SDT are both historically Jewish.
Old 06-17-2022, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JonInKC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Yet another idiot who thinks the guys get off scot free because they rush differently. If anything, I think a rejection in rush is more devastating to guys, because 1) it's usually based much more on personality 2) they usually had to choose where to rush often with knowing a very small fraction of the groups, if they've made the wrong choice it's worse.

At least reading this article makes it abundantly clear why her sparkling resume and professional rush pictures didn't get her a bid.

I get the impression that for the women, rush week is the most stressful and pledging is easier. For guys, it's definitely the reverse. The men are just looking for guys that they would like to hang around with and who wouldn't be an embarrassment to their letters.

p a w e a since 1899
Old 06-17-2022, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
What bothers me the most is that she keeps saying that her and her friends were dropped because of their looks. Um, really? How could she possibly know this? Oh, that's right.. She can't, and she's just saying this because it makes logical sense only in her own head.
My 65-year-old self would drop her just because by Day 2 she already needs Mommy to come fix things for her.
Old 06-17-2022, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGTess View Post
My 65-year-old self would drop her just because by Day 2 she already needs Mommy to come fix things for her.
This!
Old 06-17-2022, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I always have to laugh at these kinds of “articles.” Poorly written, First World Problems to the nth degree and rife with their own entitlement and classism…yet how DARE someone reject THEM?

OMG there’s a sorority someone can’t afford to join! CHANGE THE SYSTEM! ABOLISH IT!!!!

(Meanwhile we live in a world where a community college in CA is now allowing students to sleep overnight in one of their lots because there are so many homeless students there).
Old 06-17-2022, 05:01 PM

I wonder where this girl is today….if she’s whining to her friends that someone who never babysat had a baby instead of her, or maybe complaining that since she worked harder than anyone else and gave to charity she should have gotten a promotion instead of the person who did.
Old 06-17-2022, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe she’s on Reddit Antiwork? I just saw a post from someone who was horrified to discover other people at work (presumably doing different/harder jobs) made significantly more than they did. The nerve!