GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,158
1 members and 1,157 guests
LaneSig

Old 02-12-2008, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Question How do i start my own Fraternity. Please HELP

I was wondering how i start my own fraternity. I have about 24 guys that want me to start one. How do you choose a greek name? what do the chapters means? im a rookie. What are Colonies? Had to i set up the Admin and Rules. What do i need to know... if i wanted to make this happen.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-12-2008, 02:34 PM

Click on the threads below. They will give you a start.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

that really didnt help... can anyone answer my questions?
Old 02-12-2008, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav3n View Post
that really didnt help... can anyone answer my questions?
You were referred to those pages because this topic has been discussed before.

Try using the search function. Or actually reading the pages that you were directed to.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and there are related threads to this very topic. Click on any of those links and read what other discussions have taken place. If you still have additional questions after reading them, then feel free to ask.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Unregistered-

Come on, guys. He wants to be SPOON FED this information!

To the OP, if searching Greekchat for similar topics is too much work for you to do, I highly doubt that you'll be able to handle all the effort necessary to start your own fraternity.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I was wondering how i start my own fraternity. I have about 24 guys that want me to start one. How do you choose a greek name? what do the chapters means? im a rookie. What are Colonies? Had to i set up the Admin and Rules. What do i need to know... if i wanted to make this happen.
Okay - in all seriousness:

1- Are you on a campus that has fraternities?

2- If the answer to #1 is yes: Are you wanting to colonize an existing fraternity or begin a whole-brand-new-never-been-one-in-existance fraternity? If the answer to the last section is yes, then why?

3- If the answer to #1 is no: Are fraternities allowed on your campus and have you checked with the administration?

Yes, we have had threads about this, but give us more information. I don't walk into my boss's office and say "Gee, I want to start a club." I walk in and say, "I would like to start a club. Here's the reasons why I feel it should exist, why it hasn't existed before, etc."

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 02-12-2008, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
Come on, guys. He wants to be SPOON FED this information!

To the OP, if searching Greekchat for similar topics is too much work for you to do, I highly doubt that you'll be able to handle all the effort necessary to start your own fraternity.
are you always a jerk or did it just happen!
Old 02-12-2008, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
are you always a jerk or did it just happen!
Is that a question?

Now we'll be falling over ourselves to help you.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
Okay - in all seriousness:

1- Are you on a campus that has fraternities?

No

2- If the answer to #1 is yes: Are you wanting to colonize an existing fraternity or begin a whole-brand-new-never-been-one-in-existance fraternity? If the answer to the last section is yes, then why?

begin a whole-brand-new-never-been-one-in-existance fraternity,

the reason is we all are together anyway...every weekend. we all have events we do and set up and all want to make a difference and bring in new guys that want good friends and people they will always be good friends with their whole life. Make awesome memories and do something that everyone said couldnt be DONE.

3- If the answer to #1 is no: Are fraternities allowed on your campus and have you checked with the administration?

There again No... one to talk to.

Yes, we have had threads about this, but give us more information. I don't walk into my boss's office and say "Gee, I want to start a club." I walk in and say, "I would like to start a club. Here's the reasons why I feel it should exist, why it hasn't existed before, etc."
We are a band of brothers... we do everything together... we have been told me others that moved off that we could never have anything like that here... or could never be anything or have anything worth anything.. never remember for anything great... just want to make something to past down to others... create a reason to keep hope and teach leadership and what it is to be a man... The same reasons anyone wants to be something MORE......
Old 02-12-2008, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Well Knight Shadow the only one that has tried to help me is Lanesig
Old 02-12-2008, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
We are a band of brothers... we do everything together... we have been told me others that moved off that we could never have anything like that here... or could never be anything or have anything worth anything.. never remember for anything great... just want to make something to past down to others... create a reason to keep hope and teach leadership and what it is to be a man... The same reasons anyone wants to be something MORE......
That made my brain hurt

If your campus doesn't allow fraternities, you need to talk to your administration to find out why or if they're open to the possibility.

And hopefully, your purpose is more than "hanging out." If that's all your guys are about, you can make a social club or something. Everything doesn't HAVE to be a fraternity.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Well Knight Shadow the only one that has tried to help me is Lanesig
I guess we're reading two different threads then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Click on the threads below. They will give you a start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnZeta View Post
Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and there are related threads to this very topic. Click on any of those links and read what other discussions have taken place. If you still have additional questions after reading them, then feel free to ask.
And like OTW said, if it's too much work for you to search the forum, you're in for a rude awakening if you end up creating this organization.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

finally thanks.... our group started with guys they dont have role models or fathers or whatever.... we have to give back to the community, there is alot of stuff we would love to do... and no just not hanging out. but we do.. do a lot of that too.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
finally thanks.... our group started with guys they dont have role models or fathers or whatever.... we have to give back to the community, there is alot of stuff we would love to do... and no just not hanging out. but we do.. do a lot of that too.
Finally, we're getting somewhere.

What other things would you bring to the community? What kind of activities would you participate in?

You may think we're picking you apart, but these are questions you'll be asked by administration and potential members.