GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,363
0 members and 1,363 guests
No Members online

Old 08-05-2002, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb An interesting obsevation

While I was reading the interviews done on the 6 pledges of the Mtv Sorority Life show I noticed that Jordan is the only one who is NOT asked how she would make SAEPi better if she became it's president. I thought that was interresting and to me it is a huge clue that she does NOT end up as a sister.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-05-2002, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

that would be interesting.. when is the finale for the show?
Old 08-05-2002, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

wow when is the finale of the show? i wouldn't be surprised if she didn;t become a sister. she has even said she doesn't know if she really has the time for it plus she seems to have less desire and dedication than most anti-greek people i know!
Old 08-05-2002, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I was wondering...
I browsed around the SAEPi website and there are no pictures of her past May. She was definitely not pictured at the summer formal either. Now I know every sister doesn't make it to every event but that seemed fishy.

Guess we'll see huh...
Old 08-05-2002, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
She was in a few of the pictures from their formal. She looks a lot different than in TVland....

KLTC
Old 08-05-2002, 08:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to EagleChick19
Let's wait and see what happens....
Old 08-05-2002, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, yes I am a huge nerd and I checked out the message board on MTV.com for Sorority Life.... there were a few posts there from someone claiming to have "insider information" about the show who said that Jordan and Mara wind up depledging right before initiation. They also claim that, later on, Jordan's grandmother dies and the cameras follow her to the funeral, and that some of the pledges leave their formal early to go hit the bars and the sisters get really upset about it. I have no idea how legit it is, so take it with a grain of salt.... also, MTV wound up taking down the Sorority Life message board, supposedly because this person kept posting spoilers about what would happen later on in the season, so maybe there's some truth to it??? Guess we'll just have to wait and see.....

*C*
Old 08-05-2002, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

wow awesome. Although I have to say thats really cruel if they followed her to a funeral. I could see Jordan de-pledging but not Mara although they became such butt buddies that maybe she did it out of the fact that Jordan de-pledged. But they all were supposed to sign some agreement with MTV saying they not only would not post on the mtv message boards but also on GC. Thats why on another thread we were all wondering about a certain GC'er (Zuma) who is a sister (that was not present during the filming...she way away for the year or something) talking to all of us.
Old 08-05-2002, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I checked out the msg board there once too. I would have thought that maybe they shut down the msg board because of all the negative posts about the show
Old 08-06-2002, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't think that necessarily indicates that she'll depledge -- I'm assuming that they asked all the girls the same questions and just pick their most interesting answers. Like, if they had asked Jordan, "What would you do if you were Sigma president?" and she just answered, "hmm, I'll have to think about that one and get back to you," they probably wouldn't bother putting that answer up on the website. As I recall there were a couple other questions that they didn't ask every single pledge.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be very surprised if Jordan dropped either. She doesn't seem too thrilled about the whole deal.
Old 08-06-2002, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a huge nerd too. I went to Sigma's website. Anywho, they have a picture gallery that APhi mentioned. I agree that Jordan (or Mara) were not in any of the pictures from the Summer Formal (Which didn't look very formal to me). The weird thing was that almost all the other pledges were. I can seriously see Jordan not pledging. So far in the show she has not been happy with anything dealing with Sigma. (Including her big sister - what was going on there?)

Does anybody know when the finale is? And how many episodes are left?

Jennifer
Old 08-06-2002, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey what is the website for them? I wanna take a look at these photos you guys are talking about. PM me or post back with the link! Thanx
Old 08-06-2002, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Ask and you shall receive, phisigsigchic! The Sigma website is at www.sigmaaepi.com. I guess being on MTV gets your chapter its own domain name.

Jennifer
Old 08-06-2002, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

hey thanx so much anchorjenni. i love all you greeks on greek chat!!! you guys are def the best. this place has def become my addiction. but you guys are right, Jordan and Mara do not appear on the photos past may. and their formal was not so formal to me either...i mean at ours girls wore like prom dresses. That is what a formal is supposed to be like and they all look well not as dressed up as they should be. I mean some look nice but nice for like a club or something. And Candace def does not look as good in reality as she does in tv land. Amanda actually looks better in the photos than on the screen in my opinion anyway
Old 08-06-2002, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by anchorjenni
Ask and you shall receive, phisigsigchic! The Sigma website is at www.sigmaaepi.com. I guess being on MTV gets your chapter its own domain name.

Jennifer
I guess being on MTV gets your summer formal taken care of too