GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,342
1 members and 2,341 guests
PKT4LIFE
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like a remix of It's A Different World. It might draw a whole new audience, which is probably the reasoning behind such mass changes.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-16-2005, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Boooooo @ One on One! UPN is turning into Fox of the early 90s, and the WB of the late 90s..

Is the "Can't Say Names" Person of the Week: Terrance Dashon Howard?
Old 08-16-2005, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91
Boooooo @ One on One! UPN is turning into Fox of the early 90s, and the WB of the late 90s..

Is the "Can't Say Names" Person of the Week: Terrance Dashon Howard?
I think it's Jamie Foxx. I saw a photo of him leaving/going into a club/nightspot (whatever) holding hands with a non-AA (BKA white) girl a few months ago. I think the Black actress is Lelia Arcieri (ain't heard nothin' bout/from her for a minute)
Old 08-17-2005, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jitterbug13 Send a message via Yahoo to jitterbug13
Quote:
Originally posted by DELTABRAT
I think it's Jamie Foxx. I saw a photo of him leaving/going into a club/nightspot (whatever) holding hands with a non-AA (BKA white) girl a few months ago. I think the Black actress is Lelia Arcieri (ain't heard nothin' bout/from her for a minute)
DING! DING! DING! Soror, you are correct(most likely)! They had a poll on who they think it is...the names were Jamie, Hill Harper (CSI:NY), Phillip Michael Thomas, Todd Bridges , and Clifton Powell . They made it almost a dead giveaway for Jamie (right now he's ahead -73% of vote).

Truly agree on the One on One changes--can we offically say "Jump the Shark"?

I'm so glad E. Lynn is coming out with a new book!

"I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not."--Kanye West

"Black is the new President."--Tracey Morgan
Old 08-17-2005, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Don't call him P Diddy anymore. . . just Diddy.

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/en...424676000.html
Old 08-17-2005, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Quote:
Originally posted by jitterbug13
Truly agree on the One on One changes--can we offically say "Jump the Shark"?

I'm so glad E. Lynn is coming out with a new book!
Cosign on both counts Soror!

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 08-17-2005, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: BV Buzz 8/16

Quote:
Originally posted by lostnfound117
I agree! I'm sure it will be the last seasons b/c you know ratings are really gonna drop!
You mean they actually had viewers last season?
Old 08-17-2005, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Awwww here it is!!!

I have been a lil' down all week because I came looking for the "News" thread and seen it was locked right on up. I came back today just to see and waaalaaaaa low and behold it has a new name!! Yippeeee!!!

Excuse me, I am just super nosy and this thread is the bomb diggyyyyy!!!

*clearing throat*

Carry on.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
Coretta Scott King hospitalized: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050816/...tta_scott_king
Coretta Scott King in hospital after stroke

By MAE GENTRY , ERNIE SUGGS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/17/05
Coretta Scott King, the widow of Martin Luther King Jr., remained hospitalized in fair condition today after suffering a stroke Tuesday.

"My family and I are overwhelmed by the outpouring of care and support that are being sent from around the world," Martin Luther King III said in a statement. "Please continue to keep her and us in your thoughts and prayers as she moves towards a speedy and complete recovery."

Coretta King's oldest son did not say why his mother was admitted to Piedmont Hospital, but people close to her say she has had several small strokes since heart problems were first diagnosed in earlier this year and suffered a more serious stroke Tuesday.

Hospital spokeswoman Diana Lewis confirmed King was admitted but declined to provide other details other than that King was in fair condition and was resting comfortably.

King, 78, was diagnosed this spring with a heart malady called atrial fibrillation, which causes irregular heartbeats or fluttering. Medical experts say the condition can lead to a stroke.

Former U.S. Ambassador Andrew Young, a close family friend, said he had spoken to King by phone recently and that she seemed fine.

"She worries about her health," Young said Tuesday. "I just don't know what kind of stress this is that she's been under that she doesn't talk about."

The Rev. Barbara King, a friend of Coretta King's, said she knew she was not well but had no idea of the seriousness of her condition.

"Coretta has been a very courageous woman all of these years," she said. "I always say to people she was really the wife who kept her husband alive in all of hearts and minds with the building of the King Center and the [King holiday]. I've always been proud of her for that."

In 1968, after her husband's assassination, Coretta King founded the King Center in Atlanta to carry on his philosophy of non-violent resistance to bring about social change. She headed the center on Auburn Avenue for 26 years and stepped down in 1994, handing the reins to her son, Dexter, who operated it for a decade. Her other son, Martin III, is now the center's president.

She also has two daughters, actress Yolanda King and the Rev. Bernice King.

Coretta King is known internationally for her work in behalf of human rights and on peace and women's issues. She spoke out early on the pandemic on AIDS in Africa and America.

She successfully lobbied Congress for a federal holiday marking her husband's birthday in January. It is the only national holiday honoring an African-American.

Among her best friends are poet Maya Angelou and talk show queen Oprah Winfrey, who in 2003 surprised her friend with a television makeover. Winfrey trumped herself later when she set King up in two 39th-floor condo units at Park Place in Buckhead, moving her out of the Vine City home she had shared with her husband. In April, King was hospitalized briefly at Piedmont after being taken by ambulance from her Buckhead home. She spent the night of April 26 at the hospital and was released the next day, her 78th birthday.

She has canceled several speeches and public appearances this year citing health problems.

Dr. John F. Beshai, a cardiac electrophysiologist who specializes in heart rhythm disturbances, said atrial fibrillation is a disorganized contraction of the heart's upper chambers. The major risk of the disease is stroke, he said.

Stroke occurs when blood flow to the brain is interrupted by a clogged or ruptured blood vessel. It claims about 162,000 lives each year.

The Rev. Joseph Lowery, a veteran of the civil rights movement and longtime family friend, said he was pleased to hear that King was "resting comfortably."

"She is a beloved figure and people all over the world join me in prayer," he said.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: BV Buzz 8/16

Quote:
Originally posted by jitterbug13
Buzzworthy
... UPN recently announced cast changes to the sitcom 'One on One.' Replacing the soon-to-exit Flex Alexander and the already terminated Sicily Sewell and Kelly Perine is singer Ray J, who'll play a hip-hop obsessed college student who is really just another boy from the suburbs; Kel Mitchell ('Keenan & Kel'), a landlord/washed up former child TV star who spends the day watching reruns of his old show; Camille Mana ('The O.C.'), a spoiled, underachieving college student; Jonathan Chase ('Medium'), a cocky paparazzi photographer who aspires to be a filmmaker; and Nicole Paggi ('Hope & Faith'), a stylish young woman who can't hold down a job and is constantly in search of love. Kyla Pratt and Robert Ri'chard are returning to the series, which began shooting its new season last Friday.

Y'all KNOW how much I H-A-T-E Ray J!!!!!

If Brianna's dad, Godfather, AND best friend is gone, WTH is the show gonna be about? How do these other folks fit in with Brianna and Arnez?
Old 08-17-2005, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I will definitely be praying for Soror Coretta....
Old 08-17-2005, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Quote:
Originally posted by DELTABRAT
Not surprised that it is Jamie Foxx OKA Eric Bishop. I think the mother of his daughter is y-t. But I'm cracking up that he had to fake the funk with Leila Arcieri. I wonder who told him to do so -- Denzel? Will?
Old 08-17-2005, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
Don't call him P Diddy anymore. . . just Diddy.

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/en...424676000.html
How about just "Ditzy"
Old 08-17-2005, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Why fake the funk in the first place? If you want to date a White woman, date a White woman. Be a man and walk out with her on your arm. Geez.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Steeltrap
y-t.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

I was not ready. LOL!
Closed Thread