GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,434
2 members and 1,432 guests
LaneSig

Old 11-23-2001, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Dresses...

...How do or did you choose bridemaids dresses for your wedding? Was it different from the maid/matron of honor?
Old 11-23-2001, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

My maid of honor wore the same dress as the bridesmaids. I picked out three dresses at the store and had my maid of honor go into the store to try them on. We liked one of the dresses so much that I changed the color of their dresses to the "kiwi green" they had in the store. I wanted pink dresses, but the green was sooooo pretty on my cousin that I couldn't resist. It was an After Six two piece ensemble (satin skirt, glitter knit top) and I found it on the After Six website. So, I e-mailed it to all the bridesmaids and they liked it (including the price). So, that's what we went with.
Old 11-23-2001, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Do you think that if I choose a color and fabric and a few different styles to fit the bridesmaids (the sizes range) that they will have a more active part in my wedding as well as they will feel more comfortable in what they are wearing?
Old 11-23-2001, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Brides are breaking rules and making their own, and I was no exception. It took me the longest time to find shoes for my bridesmaids. When I finally found a pair, they didn't fit my maid of honor well at all. So, I told her since she was the MOH and her dress was like the bridesmaids, her shoes could be different. She picked a silver-like shoe while my bridesmaids wore clear slipper-like shoes. My colors were green and silver so it worked out.

However, I could have told them to just pick any clear shoe they liked because it wasn't even that noticeable. As a matter of fact, one of my junior bridesmaids (my 16 yr. old cousin going on 46) did wear a totally different clear shoe. I noticed before the wedding, but it wasn't even important because it still looked good with the dress.

If you want to give them choices, at least make sure the fabric and color(s) match. I don't know if it will entice them to become more active in your wedding, but at least they may feel as though they have control over the dress they will be wearing. Good luck.
Old 11-23-2001, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for all of your help. I'm not getting married anytime soon, but i'm with someone who I couldn't imagine spending my life without. I love him so much, I'm sure deep down he feels the same way
Old 11-25-2001, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

My bridesmaids and my maid of honor had the exact same dress in different colors. The bridesmaids wore celedon, and the maid of honor wore silver.
Old 11-25-2001, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pretty3grl
My bridesmaids and my maid of honor had the exact same dress in different colors. The bridesmaids wore celedon, and the maid of honor wore silver.

Excuse me for sounding ignorant, but where in the color spectrum does celedon fall?
Old 11-25-2001, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Celedon is a light green. It falls between a celery-like color and sage green.
Old 11-28-2001, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

My bridesmaid dress took my about 3 months to decide on. They just had to be perfect plus I wanted them to come in Champagne and Rose which were my two colors. My maid of honor I wanted her to be distinctive from the bridesmaids but not look drastically different. All of my girls wore the same style and make of dress, but my maid of honor wore Champagne and the brides maids wore Rose. The dresses were sleeveless, satin, with a short train that glided across the floor as they walked. The dresses were absolutely elegant and added another wonderful faset to my dream wedding.