GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,527
1 members and 1,526 guests
Cookiez17

Old 11-12-2012, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

The Lambda Rho chapter of AOII was installed yesterday at TCU. Congratulations to my new sisters!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-12-2012, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Sigma Tau

This weekend, Epsilon Xi at Gustavus Adolphus College was installed, making it our first chapter in Minnesota!

The chapter (with the National President - front, right)

@~/~~~~
Old 11-12-2012, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I gues I should have waited to say anything about Kansas State until I did hear officially. I just got a greek newsletter that reads as follows:

The Extension Committee has been working since last spring to bring a new chapter to the Panhellenic community. The committee is comprised of a representative, either an undergraduate member or an advisor, from each of the 12 NPC chapters on our campus.

The application process is now complete and our community is happy to announce that after reviewing its publications regarding plans for Kansas State University, its value and mission statements Sigma Sigma Sigma has been invited to our campus Nov 14 and 15 to talk with students and give a large scale presentation as to why it would be an outstanding fit for our community.

Shortly after Sigma Sigma Sigma's visit the extension committee will make a decision on whether or not to invite the chapter to our community. A decision will be reached before semester break and a date of arrival will be set if the chapter is welcomed to our community.

This is very different from the way that they brought Zeta on campus a couple years ago--DG, Alpha Phi and Zeta presented in the traditional manner that time. I don't know what's going on with this one. Also, I'll try to track down the news I heard about Phi Mu and see if they are in the queue or not.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

The Lambda Chi Colony of Phi Kappa Theta @ Georgia Southern will officially become a chapter in Feb. 2013.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

I thought they got their charter this past week. They did get a homecoming king!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Technically in Phi Kappa Theta they are a chapter as soon as the vote happens, so they are in fact chapter status.

However, their Installation weekend is not until February 8-10.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatfan View Post
I gues I should have waited to say anything about Kansas State until I did hear officially. I just got a greek newsletter that reads as follows:

The Extension Committee has been working since last spring to bring a new chapter to the Panhellenic community. The committee is comprised of a representative, either an undergraduate member or an advisor, from each of the 12 NPC chapters on our campus.

The application process is now complete and our community is happy to announce that after reviewing its publications regarding plans for Kansas State University, its value and mission statements Sigma Sigma Sigma has been invited to our campus Nov 14 and 15 to talk with students and give a large scale presentation as to why it would be an outstanding fit for our community.

Shortly after Sigma Sigma Sigma's visit the extension committee will make a decision on whether or not to invite the chapter to our community. A decision will be reached before semester break and a date of arrival will be set if the chapter is welcomed to our community.

This is very different from the way that they brought Zeta on campus a couple years ago--DG, Alpha Phi and Zeta presented in the traditional manner that time. I don't know what's going on with this one. Also, I'll try to track down the news I heard about Phi Mu and see if they are in the queue or not.
Since Sigma was on campus until seven years ago, perhaps they still own their house?

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Or they may have right of first refusal AFTER passing muster with Panhel. At the time of the expansion which resulted in ZTA colonizing, it would probably have been seen as too soon for Tri Sigma.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

For some reason, I can't quote.

ASTalumna06, I met the educational consultant and membership development people just days before they headed back to Gustavus Adolphus College for installation.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

The ZTA chapter at Arkansas State was installed this past weekend. Looks like approximately 80 new members were initiated.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
St. Joseph's University of Pennsylvania has invited Alpha Xi Delta, Kappa Delta, and Phi Sigma Sigma to present for the Panhellenic expansion. Good luck to all the groups.
Any information on when St. Joe's is expected to make or announce its decision?
Old 11-13-2012, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

If not already mentioned, Gamma Phi Beta is presenting at University of Tennessee Chattanooga today.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
Or they may have right of first refusal AFTER passing muster with Panhel. At the time of the expansion which resulted in ZTA colonizing, it would probably have been seen as too soon for Tri Sigma.
I can quote but not multiquote???? @Cheerio, the TriSig website says that

In 1999:
  • The Delta Phi Chapter at Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS closed.
That would mean they've been off campus for 13 years. I'm almost certain that they do not own their house any longer. I think the Phi Delts are in it (the Zetas took over what used to be the Phi Delt house in my day.)

And maybe TriSigma did have a right of first refusal. I have no knowledge whatsoever if that is the case or not. That would certainly explain why the different extension procedure this time, however.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatfan View Post
I can quote but not multiquote???? @Cheerio, the TriSig website says that

In 1999:
  • The Delta Phi Chapter at Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS closed.
That would mean they've been off campus for 13 years. I'm almost certain that they do not own their house any longer. I think the Phi Delts are in it (the Zetas took over what used to be the Phi Delt house in my day.)

And maybe TriSigma did have a right of first refusal. I have no knowledge whatsoever if that is the case or not. That would certainly explain why the different extension procedure this time, however.
Wildcatfan: thank you for the info. For some reason I mistakenly had Delta Phi of Tri Sigma opening 1982, closing 1992, recolonizing 1997, and closing again 2006. Too bad about no longer owning the house.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Pi Beta Phi at Syracuse

https://www.pibetaphi.org/pibetaphi/...e_in_May_2013/

I don't think this has been posted yet.