GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau

Old 06-11-2003, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking My AI search!!

Hey everyone! After reading the other stories about alumni initiation, I decided to start my own! I didn't get to rush in college-after my first semester I had to come home, due to financial problems, and went to community college. I have a couple of family members who went Greek, as well as my fiance and his whole family! I always regretted not being able to experience this, so I decided to try now! I contacted 2 groups:

Group 1 responded, and have told me to get in touch with the alumni chapter in my area (the only problem is, I can't find the phone number or website!!)

Group 2 has not replied yet (maybe they are busy over the summer?)

I don't know if I should contact any others? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-11-2003, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Best of luck to you Jenn! Please keep us updated! I hope you find the home of your dreams!!!

This is so exciting! There are so many PNAM's here!!!
Old 06-11-2003, 11:02 AM

Re: My AI search!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JennRN
I contacted 2 groups:
Group 1 responded, and have told me to get in touch with the alumni chapter in my area (the only problem is, I can't find the phone number or website!!)

If you don't have the phone no. or website of your local alumnae chapter, this may not be "publicly available". You may wish to ask the HQ for it. If the HQ will not give it to you, this may be their of discouraging "strangers" from appoaching alumnae chapters and and proposing themselves as a prospective candidate for alumnae initiation. But I would still ask and see if you can get the contact no. for the local alumnae chapter. Ultimately, it is the local alumnae chapter who will decide whether they wish to have you for a sister or not.

Group 2 has not replied yet (maybe they are busy over the summer?)
Hmmmm...give them a few weeks and follow up again.

I don't know if I should contact any others? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
I would wait and see what happens with 1 & 2 first. Also, besides contacting ones that "speak" to you, I would look into who has alumnae chapters in your area. You may absolutely love XYZ sorority, but if their nearest alumnae chapter is 150 miles away from you, this may be difficult to participate in from a logistics standpoint.

You didn't specify which groups you were interested in (and I understand your wanting to be discreet). If you had any further questions, feel free to PM me.

I also added you onto the "Roll Call" thread

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 06-11-2003 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kristin UTD*AGD Send a message via Yahoo to Kristin UTD*AGD
You mentioned that you have a lot of family with ties to GLOs. Maybe they would be able to assist you with access to alumna club information.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Yea!! I'm happy to welcome another PNAM. Good luck with your search. There are many wonderful people here who will help you.

Lizz (PNAM tinydancer)
Old 06-11-2003, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the advice everyone!! And CutiePie, thanks for adding me to the list-I feel so special!!

Anyways, this may be a silly question, but how do I find the alumnae chapters in my area? Do I go to each org's website and check? Or is there another way?
Old 06-11-2003, 08:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Welcome Jenn!
Good luck hon! Keep us posted
Old 06-11-2003, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I love all of our GC alum, and you PNAMs are just awesome! But do you know how much it kills us to wait SO LONG to find out where you end up?!?! You guys only have to wait a couple weeks to find out about us PNM's homes when we start rush threads.

I'm kidding. It does drive us batty trying to figure out the groups, but I know the waiting is hellish for ya'll! Good luck, and I hope you find your way home!!!!
Old 06-11-2003, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JennRN [/B]
Thanks for the advice everyone!! And CutiePie, thanks for adding me to the list-I feel so special!!
I was happy to do it! You're welcome!

Anyways, this may be a silly question, but how do I find the alumnae chapters in my area? Do I go to each org's website and check? Or is there another way?
I would go onto the sorority's HQ website. There should be links from there. In many cases, it might say that there is an alumnae chapter in (for example) Cleveland, Ohio but there might not be a website or contact information posted. This is likely for security, (anyone can go on the Internet and potentially view this) so many sororities are no longer publicly posting the names and email addresses of the alumnae chapters and stuff like that (or it may be password protected & available to initiated members only, so you would need to type in your Membership No#., etc.). You may need to contact HQ and explain that you would like to contact the alumnae chapter in your city, etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristin UTD*AGD
You mentioned that you have a lot of family with ties to GLOs. Maybe they would be able to assist you with access to alumna club information.
An excellent point..I would try to avail yourself of whatever potential "Greek networking opportunities" that you have.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Damn, I am Glad to be a CO-MOD on this Thread!!!

Why would one ask, DAH, it is so great to see PNM,s ,On looking to join!!

I want to thank all of the people and members who are doing such a Fantastic Job!!

Damn, I almost wish I was a PNM!! Well, Almost

Goodest Luck to each and everyone of you!

Be it known, You will find Help Here!!!!!!!

I am the oldest and biggest cheer leader on site!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 06-11-2003, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bsp-mich24
Jenn,

Good luck with your AI quest.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CutiePie2000
[B]
I would go onto the sorority's HQ website. There should be links from there. In many cases, it might say that there is an alumnae chapter in (for example) Cleveland, Ohio but there might not be a website or contact information posted. This is likely for security, (anyone can go on the Internet and potentially view this) so many sororities are no longer publicly posting the names and email addresses of the alumnae chapters and stuff like that (or it may be password protected & available to initiated members only, so you would need to type in your Membership No#., etc.).
Or it might just be that they don't have a website. As is the case for a number of our chapters and IH doesn't post the contact info for the reasons you mentioned.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Another thing......

If any PNAM's need alumnae contact info for us, feel free to contact me.
Old 06-12-2003, 01:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phisigduchesscv
Good luck. Can't wait to read the updates.

Carolyn

IG - CKA
Vice Archon - So. LA County Alumnae Chapter
Old 06-12-2003, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I love reading these stories!!!! Good luck with your search. be sure to give us updates.