GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,144
1 members and 1,143 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 05-24-2011, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
i am nominating this thread for the best rush thread ever!
Second!

Although.. Chuck Norris' was pretty sweet...

@~/~~~~
Old 05-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxywalrus View Post
Green Lantern:
Saxywalrus: *slightly exasperated* So what’s the craziest thing that’s ever happened on your floor?
Rusher: Well we’re currently in a pantsing fight. You know, where a girl is walking down the hallway and someone pulls her pants down. It’s pretty funny.
Saxywalrus: *deer in headlights look* *forced smile* That’s…really…hilarious.
So I guess they have to be pretty careful about wearing presentable underoos at all times.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

This is awesome. I want to keep reading!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

love.it
Old 05-24-2011, 09:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
i am nominating this thread for the best rush thread ever!
Word! SaxyWalrus and Chuck Norris rock
Old 05-24-2011, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Round 4: Preference Night
It was a dark and stormy night as saxywalrus parachuted out of her invisible plane to attend the final night of recruitment. She had dressed carefully for the night, wearing her finest spandex (in the form of nude tights so she didn’t freeze in her little black dress) and her trusty indestructible (er, sterling silver) bracelets completed her ensemble.

Saxywalrus was confident that she was jumping to her doom due to the Fight Club fiasco as well as the respective number of sisters she’d talked to and the weather did not help her sullen mood. It was evident that Mr. Freeze had come to wreak havoc on the Hall of Justice, bringing a blizzard, subzero temperatures, and 35mph winds. Nevertheless, our hero trudged her way up to the building and entered unscathed, albeit with purple fingers.

She marched bravely to her table, expecting the worst, and was greeted with a schedule of:

Flash
Wonder Woman

YESSSS! Saxywalrus’s heart soared up, up, and away! No longer would she have to worry about having her pants unwillingly removed. If she got a bid, it would be to somewhere she genuinely liked. She couldn’t wait for clobberin’ time to begin and her sorority sense was tingling and telling her that it would be a great pref round.

Flash: Saxywalrus was preffed by Iris West, a fact that pleased saxywalrus very much. Iris had written her a letter detailing that excited she was to see her back. She also stressed a few points about sisterhood. Naturally, saxywalrus couldn’t take said letter with her, but she enjoyed reading it. The ceremony was prefaced by each of the officers giving an introduction that included what their position entailed. The actual ceremony was pretty, with random sisters from around the room each reading a part of a speech about the characteristics of an ideal sister. Although saxywalrus could see herself being happy here and certainly saw that Flash stood for truth, justice, and the American way, she was really looking forward to see what Wonder Woman had in store.

Actual Conversations that Occurred
Saxywalrus: So I have a big decision to make tonight. I’m worried I won’t make the right one. Everyone keeps saying that you end up where you belong. Do you believe in that?
Iris West: Absolutely not.
Saxywalrus: *surprised face* Why?
Iris West: Because as much as you try, you really can’t get to know someone in a few hours. As I said before, I find the whole thing silly. Besides there’s no standard set in stone for what a sister of each sorority should be like. There are a lot of girls who would fit well in two different sororities. Eventually you just have to go with your gut.
Saxywalrus: Okay.
Iris West: Obviously I’m supposed to tell you that I hope that you will love Flash as much as I do, but to be honest I have friends in all six sororities and despite their reputation, all are wonderful sisterhoods with strong and beautiful women. I just hope, Saxywalrus, that you make the right choice for you.

As we headed for the door…
Iris West: I have to say, saxywalrus, that no matter where you end up, I’m proud of you. Girls who are perceived as somewhat awkward and shy (This had been discussed earlier) don’t have an easy time with this stuff. I see a lot of myself in you both because of our shared majors and our personalities and I really hope you enjoy your second party as much as I’ve enjoyed talking with you this past week.

Well thanks, Iris West, thought saxywalrus. You just made this a lot harder.

Wonder Woman: Thankfully, saxywalrus was not preffed by the same girl she’d talked to yesterday, although said girl definitely came over to hug her and say hi and that she was excited saxywalrus was back. Saxywalrus received a card that had a short and thoughtful message from several different sisters detailing why they were glad she was back. The ceremony was amazing, with several seniors giving speeches about how Wonder Woman had changed their lives. Normally saxywalrus doesn’t buy into that kind of thing but she was hooked, although admittedly not crying like a lot of the other PNMs were. But then again, saxywalrus is the type of girl whose favorite part of Titanic is the part where the ship sinks because that’s the part with the most action even if Jack does die. She definitely liked it here a lot. Buuuut in typical saxywalrus fashion, she just had to go and make things awkward.

Actual Conversations that Occurred:
*awkward silence after ceremony ended*
Saxywalrus: So what’s your ideal waffle topping?
Rusher: Oooh. That’s a tough one. Your thoughts?
Saxywalrus: Perfected as an art. It’s the best weekend breakfast that DINING HALL serves. Strawberries, a dollop of whipped cream, a light drizzle of maple syrup followed by a light drizzle of chocolate syrup going in the other direction, with one of those little plastic tubs of extra maple syrup just in case. Oh and a bit of butter on the side but not a lot because this waffle is already probably going to give me a heart attack. Yeah, okay, Sally Albright. Any chances that she’ll have what you’re having have probably gone out the window by now. What did we say about being weird last time?
Rusher: Wow. I don’t think I can top that one. But I do like that cinnamon butter.
Saxywalrus: That’s pretty good too.
Rusher: You know, I’ve always liked waffles because I have more control over where the toppings go. I mean there are little squares that the maple syrup just flows into and it’s just so nice.
Saxywalrus: *overly enthusiastically*I feel exactly the same way!

As we headed for the door…
Rusher: So did you have a good time here tonight?
Saxywalrus: I did. Foshdef.
Rusher: Wait. What did you just say?
Saxywalrus: Foshdef. It’s like a combination between “Fo sho!” and “definitely!” A hybrid, if you will.
Rusher: No, I know what it is. It was just funny because OTHER SISTER and I say that to each other all the time and I don’t hear a lot of people say it. Huh. Well good luck with making your decision tonight!
Saxywalrus: Don’t worry. I think I know. *wink*

Yes, a wink. Clearly saxywalrus had forgotten that she was trying to get Rusher to become her sister and not trying to seduce her. Oy.

Although she had a favorite in mind, saxywalrus reflected back on the topics of conversation that had been discussed during rush with Flash and Wonder Woman.

Flash: Sisterhood, music, saxywalrus’s majors, class scheduling, study abroad, visits to foreign countries, career aspirations, the flaws behind the process of rush, misconceptions, decision-making

Wonder Woman: Bad jokes about saxophones, inability to dance, body roll lessons, the infamous fight club, waffles, top movies to take to a desert island, and the use of the word “foshdef”

It was a tough choice, but ultimately saxywalrus went with her gut. Although both organizations did a bang-up job of showing her what sisterhood really meant, she had to go with the one where she felt like she could be herself because, merciful Minerva, with a personality like hers she’d probably crash and burn if she tried to be anybody else.

Saxywalrus made her final choice as follows:
1. Wonder Woman
2. Flash
and returned to X Mansion to await her fate.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:08 PM
NUKaydee

Ooh I can't wait to see where you end up! I think I many know who Flash is...
Old 05-25-2011, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

this is hands down THE best recruitment thread ever. i can't wait to see where you end up!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

This is amazing! I'm DYING for the rest of the story!
Old 05-25-2011, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: The interwebs. I understand it's a "series of tubes."
Yay! Sounds like an EPIC Preference
Can't wait to hear what sort of SuperHeroine you will be!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I am so amused. You're a great writer!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=saxywalrus;2058302] Yes, a wink. Clearly saxywalrus had forgotten that she was trying to get Rusher to become her sister and not trying to seduce her. Oy. [QUOTE]

LOL, does this remind anyone of the rush thread in which sigmagrrl's preference rusher leaned over her and sigmagrrl thought she was supposed to kiss her cheek?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

no-how did i miss that one? come back saxywalrus!

Last edited by FSUZeta; 05-25-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxywalrus View Post
Iris West: Obviously I’m supposed to tell you that I hope that you will love Flash as much as I do, but to be honest I have friends in all six sororities and despite their reputation, all are wonderful sisterhoods with strong and beautiful women. I just hope, Saxywalrus, that you make the right choice for you.
Am I the only one who thinks this is a big FAIL on the part of the rusher?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this is a big FAIL on the part of the rusher?
How so?

@~/~~~~