GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,184
2 members and 1,182 guests
indygphib, Sarak24034

Old 09-15-2009, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Beautiful pictures, SthrnZeta!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnZeta View Post
I'm a married lady now too!!! My photographer has only posted a few pics so far:

http://www.dawgprints.net > Links > Photo Depository > Melissa and Jonathan Wedding > PW= 9609
Yay. I saw a few of your pics on Facebook! Your dress is very Cinderella.

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

gorgeous pictures sthrnzeta

seek the noblest
Old 09-22-2009, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
Every day I get on facebook and two more people from high school are engaged- TO EACH OTHER. Let's branch out here a little, people..
Old 09-22-2009, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU alpha phi View Post
Every day I get on facebook and two more people from high school are engaged- TO EACH OTHER. Let's branch out here a little, people..
Same with my high school. And now they all live within blocks of the high school and their kids go to the same schools that the parents did. In addition, they all still socialize with just each other (based on party/group pics on their fb pages). These people live in a metropolitan area of 4 million people, and yet they hang out with the same 12 that they have known since elementary.

I moved 1000 miles away and they think that I am the one who is nuts.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie93 View Post
Same with my high school. And now they all live within blocks of the high school and their kids go to the same schools that the parents did. In addition, they all still socialize with just each other (based on party/group pics on their fb pages). These people live in a metropolitan area of 4 million people, and yet they hang out with the same 12 that they have known since elementary.

I moved 1000 miles away and they think that I am the one who is nuts.
Sounds like my hometown, except we are nowhere near close to having a metro area of 4 million people. I've also gathered from facebook pictures that they all still socialize with each other too, at their parents' houses! I saw one picture the other day that showed them drinking Mike's Hard Lemonade- I haven't seen anyone drink that since they were in high school! They all went to colleges within 30 minutes of our hometown (if they even went to college, most went to community college) and haven't ever branched out of their high school social circles, cuz they all came home on the weekends during college to hang out with each other. It amazes me, I couldn't WAIT to get out of Maryland, especially my hometown.

I moved 8 hours away after college and only go home for Christmas and a few days during the summer. I was home last month and went to a local bar and saw about 15 people I graduated with, all hanging out together. Ridiculous.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
They all went to colleges within 30 minutes of our hometown (if they even went to college, most went to community college) and haven't ever branched out of their high school social circles, cuz they all came home on the weekends during college to hang out with each other. It amazes me, I couldn't WAIT to get out of Maryland, especially my hometown.
Welcome to my high school. Alot of the people who graduated with me are very much like that. For example, of all of the girls I was on prom court with, 5 of them live together in the same town, work in the same office building as secretaries, and party at the same lame bars.

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Welcome to my high school. Alot of the people who graduated with me are very much like that. For example, of all of the girls I was on prom court with, 5 of them live together in the same town, work in the same office building as secretaries, and party at the same lame bars.
Work in the same building and have the same jobs? That's a little much! I actually know people from high school who still have the same jobs they had during high school, mostly waitressing at places like Applebee's and Texas Roadhouse or diners. Not that there is anything wrong with waitressing, but you'd think you'd atleast switch restaurants after being there over 6 years!

What really gets me are the people who went away to college, have good jobs, and live with their parents. I know a girl who went to USF and is an RN and still lives with her parents in our hometown. Another guy went to College Park and works as an engineer and lives with his mom. I don't understand why their parents are letting them freeload!
Old 09-24-2009, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

What really gets me are the people who went away to college, have good jobs, and live with their parents. I know a girl who went to USF and is an RN and still lives with her parents in our hometown. Another guy went to College Park and works as an engineer and lives with his mom. I don't understand why their parents are letting them freeload!

It happens even when you don't expect it. I moved away for college, lived abroad for two years and despite looking for a job anywhere but home, I found a local teaching job. So at 24 I just moved back home in August with my parents. I'm not thrilled about it, but for this year my plan is to live here, save some money, pay some loans and my parents are thrilled to have me back because they never thought I would be back. I don't want to live at home, but it just makes financial sense now.

seek the noblest
Old 09-25-2009, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I can see why it seems like freeloading to some, and to some extent I totally agree, but in some cultures, it's expected that you come home to live. This might be for a bunch of reasons, if you're an unmarried girl, you go back home to live with your parents. I know for my circle of friends and family, living at home with your parents till you are married is totally normal. It's too expensive to live alone!
Go Chi O!
Old 11-10-2009, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Bumped because I saw a very ..unique wedding on facebook today from a guy I graduated HS with. I didn't know him very well, only had a few classes with him, but I remember him as being very old fashion. He spoke properly, as in Old English properly, not good grammar properly. And he always seemed very pretentious/borderline snobby.

Well. His wedding apparently had a Renaissance theme with a foot bathing ritual (?!). I've spent the last hour emailing pics to my girl friend from HS. Every single guest and bridal party member is in a full blown Renaissance costume. Has anyone ever been to a wedding like this? Not necessarily this same, but something so out of the ordinary?
Old 11-10-2009, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Bumped because I saw a very ..unique wedding on facebook today from a guy I graduated HS with. I didn't know him very well, only had a few classes with him, but I remember him as being very old fashion. He spoke properly, as in Old English properly, not good grammar properly. And he always seemed very pretentious/borderline snobby.

Well. His wedding apparently had a Renaissance theme with a foot bathing ritual (?!). I've spent the last hour emailing pics to my girl friend from HS. Every single guest and bridal party member is in a full blown Renaissance costume. Has anyone ever been to a wedding like this? Not necessarily this same, but something so out of the ordinary?
About 4 years ago my supervisor was a bridesmaid in a medieval themed wedding..her dress was velvet and it had long sleeves...it looked really hot (to wear that is).
Old 11-10-2009, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I worked for years at the TX Renfaire, so yeah . . . I've seen a few!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Foot bathing?!?!
Old 11-11-2009, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
Foot bathing?!?!
My friend googled it. It said something about it being a humbling experience. From the pictures it just looked weird to me, but then again I also hate feet.