GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,150
1 members and 1,149 guests
Low D Flat

Old 07-15-2008, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTABullwinkle View Post
WOW! Have you even registered for enough?

As for the to-do list being completed, isn't that something all brides hope for? (I know I do!) How long till the wedding?
I hope so. Our BBB registry is extensive b/c we basically need new everything. And we registered at Home Depot with a bunch of stuff for our house as well.

Of course I had a coworker tell me she got 4 framed invites as gifts at her wedding, so I have nightmares of that now.

We are at 101 days today, I can't believe it.

Your's is coming fast too, how many days left for you all?
Old 07-15-2008, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi Sailorgirl View Post
I hope so. Our BBB registry is extensive b/c we basically need new everything. And we registered at Home Depot with a bunch of stuff for our house as well.

Of course I had a coworker tell me she got 4 framed invites as gifts at her wedding, so I have nightmares of that now.

We are at 101 days today, I can't believe it.

Your's is coming fast too, how many days left for you all?
We have just under two months to go. I still have to get the fiance out to finish the registries since the invites are finally going out this week. I can't believe how fast it went by.

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 07-15-2008, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
We have just under two months to go. I still have to get the fiance out to finish the registries since the invites are finally going out this week. I can't believe how fast it went by.
We made a list of what we needed before we went to the stores. It helped to keep us from registering for things we really didn't want or need just to have stuff on the registry. We also did much of it online. If you know you want All Clad pots from Williams Sonoma (or whatever), then you could just add them online and it is a lot easier than dragging the guy to the mall!!

10 days to go....
Old 07-16-2008, 04:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Just under 4 months for me! Hooray!

We just got our first wedding present, from my former roommates. I couldn't believe it! My fiance has to go over to my mom's house and look at them and write the thank you's.

And yesterday, he booked our honeymoon. We're going to Spain, with a small stop over in Scotland so I can attend my graduation and get my parchment (and get wacked on the head with a velvet pillow as is tradition here). I'm working with a bunch of Spanish teenagers at the moment, so they've been helping me work out cool things to see, and basically drilling me on my Spanish ability.

But dangit, I just want to get married!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Has anyone seen this site: Wedding by Color? It's a bride's blog site/community and it is officially my new obsession!

www.weddingbycolor.com/sthrnzeta
Old 07-16-2008, 07:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I got the fiance to go to BBB with me twice, b/c the first time it was so crowded we didn't get a lot done.

Since that we added a lot online. And with Home Depot, it's all online.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
SthrnZeta: How beautiful is your ceremony space?! WOW!

On the registry front: the f-hub and I did the Macy's one in person with the gun...at the Macy's in Downtown Pittsburgh on a Tuesday afternoon. Not a soul in the place.

The BBB one we did entirely online. Which he loved. He was way more into it than me!
Old 07-16-2008, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

SthrnZeta: love the ceremony site! Gorgeous. Can you PM me how you are incorporating ZTA into your wedding, I am looking for ideas!

We started our registry last night at Macy's. We were overwhelmed and plan to add things online, including sheets he actually liked! We had to go to another Macy's in Virginia Beach, because no one was around to help in the one near us. (They had more choices at the Virginia Beach one anyways.)

PhoenixAzul: I wish he was interested in the registry. He doesn't understand why you make one, even after repeated reasons why. *SIGH*

eta: Can anyone help me with suggestions to find shoes for my dress? I am in love with these shoes: Miss Sixty Women's Kely Peep Toe Pump but the heels are too high. I want to wear something "fun."

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."

Last edited by ZTABullwinkle; 07-16-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
We had to go to another Macy's in Virginia Beach, because no one was around to help in the one near us. (They had more choices at the Virginia Beach one anyways.)

eta: Can anyone help me with suggestions to find shoes for my dress? I am in love with these shoes: Miss Sixty Women's Kely Peep Toe Pump but the heels are too high. I want to wear something "fun."
We drove all the way to the Lynnhaven Macy's to look around and see only to figure they have everything BBB does, more expensive and they had less china out. I think we're lucky though our BBB is huge. We went to the Williamsburg one and it was tiny!

Did you check out endless.com? They have free shipping and free returns. I got my shoes from there, check out Capparos shoes, cute shoes, lower heels and get great comfort reviews. I'm wearing these:Capparos Val in silver.

Also check out shoebuy.com and zappos.com.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi Sailorgirl View Post
We drove all the way to the Lynnhaven Macy's to look around and see only to figure they have everything BBB does, more expensive and they had less china out. I think we're lucky though our BBB is huge. We went to the Williamsburg one and it was tiny!

Did you check out endless.com? They have free shipping and free returns. I got my shoes from there, check out Capparos shoes, cute shoes, lower heels and get great comfort reviews. I'm wearing these:Capparos Val in silver.

Also check out shoebuy.com and zappos.com.

Love your shoes! I forsee myself getting lost on the website looking for my shoes. THANKS!

We are getting our dinnerware and all from BBB. We like the selection of bed linens and towels at Macy's better. Either way, we figured that both stores have enough coupons in the paper that will help family and friends buying for us.

Last edited by ZTABullwinkle; 07-16-2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: forgot something...
Old 07-16-2008, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Mere, I PMed you about some ZTA wedding stuff.

I'm glad y'all like the site! I seriously almost cried when I walked in there. We had just looked at the chapel at UGA (which is where J wanted) but it didn't feel romantic at all and it was a lot larger than we needed and the aisle was weird (not a straight line to the stage, no alter). I was with J and his parents and it just felt so right and absolutely beautiful! And it just so happens a doctor I work with got married there in 2001 (and she's an AOPi from UF). J saw how much better that venue was and agreed he liked it too afterall. We compromised since it's still in Athens and we can still go get pics by the arch
Old 07-16-2008, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnZeta View Post
Mere, I PMed you about some ZTA wedding stuff.

I'm glad y'all like the site! I seriously almost cried when I walked in there. We had just looked at the chapel at UGA (which is where J wanted) but it didn't feel romantic at all and it was a lot larger than we needed and the aisle was weird (not a straight line to the stage, no alter). I was with J and his parents and it just felt so right and absolutely beautiful! And it just so happens a doctor I work with got married there in 2001 (and she's an AOPi from UF). J saw how much better that venue was and agreed he liked it too afterall. We compromised since it's still in Athens and we can still go get pics by the arch
I am glad you were able to compromise. I can't wait to see the pictures from your wedding.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I am glad you were able to compromise. I can't wait to see the pictures from your wedding.
Yeah, me too. That's what it's all about right? Compromise? I didn't have a specific location in mind necessarily, I just fell in love with that chapel so it could have been in Tibet for all I cared. Athens GA works though, lol. And we'll get all the UGA shots he wants since it'll be in his fave town and seeing him happy makes me happy

I'll be sure to post pics on my wedding website and on my blog and I'll post the link on here for anyone who wants to see them. It won't be long before we have pics of your wedding... what's the date again??
Old 07-17-2008, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnZeta View Post
Yeah, me too. That's what it's all about right? Compromise? I didn't have a specific location in mind necessarily, I just fell in love with that chapel so it could have been in Tibet for all I cared. Athens GA works though, lol. And we'll get all the UGA shots he wants since it'll be in his fave town and seeing him happy makes me happy

I'll be sure to post pics on my wedding website and on my blog and I'll post the link on here for anyone who wants to see them. It won't be long before we have pics of your wedding... what's the date again??

Believe it or not, the wedding is September 13th.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Believe it or not, the wedding is September 13th.
Wow, that is soon! I'm so so so excited to see all the pics - you better post 'em somewhere and let me know! And definitely let me know how you Zeta-fied it!