GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,469
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, davidjuioro5780
» Online Users: 2,155
3 members and 2,152 guests
davidjuioro5780, MSKKG, oncegreek

Old 08-15-2016, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Greek problems

For years I have felt like I don't fit in with my sorority, and I can't gain any respect from the brothers in the fraternity that I am sweetheart for. Anything I make for the house pr decorate gets destroyed, and every other girls stuff is left untouched. It's like they don't want me specifically to be a part of anything. But the thing is, they voted me in. It was their choice. I was the best candidate for the position and the vote was almost unanimous. What should I do?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-15-2016, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

I am somewhat puzzled by your posts thus far. In another post you asked for suggestions for Christmas gifts for this fraternity you are a sweetheart for, and here you are saying how horribly you are treated by them. I myself don't buy presents for people who are mean to me.

You are also expressing negative feelings about your sorority and that you "don't fit in" with them.

That's two for two. I don't know you so I have no way of knowing your personality or any other factors that may be affecting the situation. What do YOU think you should do?
Old 08-15-2016, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Please remove all of your personal information. As a WKU alumnus, I can say that you are a member of a very strong greek system. Recruitment starts Tuesday, get ready for your new sisters.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

There is little information about you in your post. Answering on the fraternity part of your post. It is possible that you may be learning life's lesson that not everyone can or will be your friend. If it is just your stuff being destroyed, ever think that it may be just one guy doing it? Someone that may be mad at you? Surely you have one friend in this fraternity that you trust. Ask him what is going on or to find out what's going on. Then, when you get your answer, ask yourself if continuing to support this fraternity worth your time.

Last edited by PhilTau; 08-15-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicampbell View Post
Please remove all of your personal information. As a WKU alumnus, I can say that you are a member of a very strong greek system. Recruitment starts Tuesday, get ready for your new sisters.
I second this. Strongly.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

How many years have you been a member? Why don't you feel part of the group?
Old 08-15-2016, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

What exactly did you expect from being a sweetheart? I have never heard dignity or respect as part of that job description. If they're treating you badly, dump em.

As far as the sorority, I'm wondering if you spent so much time trying to be liked by the guys that you forgot your sisters. Be the friend you want to have.

And as a third issue, I'm sensing some depression going on. Check out your school's or your sorority's mental health services. It may be time to get some help.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjones13 View Post
For years I have felt like I don't fit in with my sorority, and I can't gain any respect from the brothers in the fraternity that I am sweetheart for. Anything I make for the house pr decorate gets destroyed, and every other girls stuff is left untouched. It's like they don't want me specifically to be a part of anything. But the thing is, they voted me in. It was their choice. I was the best candidate for the position and the vote was almost unanimous. What should I do?
QFP

@~/~~~~
Old 08-16-2016, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
What exactly did you expect from being a sweetheart? I have never heard dignity or respect as part of that job description. If they're treating you badly, dump em.

As far as the sorority, I'm wondering if you spent so much time trying to be liked by the guys that you forgot your sisters. Be the friend you want to have.

And as a third issue, I'm sensing some depression going on. Check out your school's or your sorority's mental health services. It may be time to get some help.
That is my impression, too. OP, go talk to your school's counseling office about how you are feeling.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
I am somewhat puzzled by your posts thus far. In another post you asked for suggestions for Christmas gifts for this fraternity you are a sweetheart for, and here you are saying how horribly you are treated by them. I myself don't buy presents for people who are mean to me.

You are also expressing negative feelings about your sorority and that you "don't fit in" with them.

That's two for two. I don't know you so I have no way of knowing your personality or any other factors that may be affecting the situation. What do YOU think you should do?
I agree. This is definitely something you need to question yourself about.