GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,143
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, liscahvs8263
» Online Users: 1,185
0 members and 1,185 guests
No Members online

Old 09-28-2017, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JonInKC
I would recommend editing your post so that you don't mention which university you attend.

p a w e a since 1899
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-28-2017, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInKC View Post
I would recommend editing your post so that you don't mention which university you attend.
They would have to ask a mod to do it, after 24 hours you can't edit.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

PM me if you want an edit.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 09-29-2017, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

I did a search on facebook for both group affiliation and for any posts. I literally got no results besides KSUViolet06 who just had me add her on facebook. I'm not kidding when no one in my friends or family are connected to Greek.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

And to edit mine would require all other comments be edited as many refer to my school.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

Could your age have been a factor Shokiara? How old are you?
Old 09-29-2017, 07:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokiara View Post
I did a search on facebook for both group affiliation and for any posts. I literally got no results besides KSUViolet06 who just had me add her on facebook. I'm not kidding when no one in my friends or family are connected to Greek.
So you don't know anyone who graduated from college? None of your HS teachers? No employers? No parents of friends? No coaches? No ministers or their wives? No neighbors? And NONE of them know anyone who went to college?
Old 09-29-2017, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokiara View Post
Don't search. Ask. Create a Facebook post and let your family and friends know that you're looking for recs. Ask if they're a member of a Greek organization or if they know ANYONE who is. Re-post every day if you need to.

Many people don't list their affiliation on their Facebook pages. And if they're still connected to their Greek org in some way through that site, it's often times in private groups for their particular collegiate or alumnae chapters.

Even if someone hasn't thought about their Greek organization since graduation, and they're now on the verge of retirement, it doesn't matter - they can write you a rec as long as they're an initiated member in good standing. Of course it's always best to have someone write you one who is a little more connected, but if you're desperate and have no other options, go with it.

ETA: On Facebook, you CAN figure out who among your friends or family may be following a Greek org's page. For example, I just searched for Chi Omega's national page. Under the timeline photo on the right side of the page, there is a section called 'Community'. It lets you know how many people like the page, follow it, have visited it, and who among your Facebook friends like it. If you select 'See All', you can see who those friends are. I can see that three of my friends like Chi Omega's page. I know that two of them are members, and one is the Greek Life Advisor at my alma mater.

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 09-29-2017 at 09:40 AM.