GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,380
4 members and 2,376 guests
indygphib, LaneSig, PGD-GRAD

Old 07-03-2013, 02:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSKKG View Post
Is it still a violation if they said, "I can't wait to see you tomorrow" as opposed to "We can't wait to see you tomorrow"? "I" would indicate her own personal opinion; "we" would indicate the chapter's opinion. I am so far removed from these types of rules that I just don't know what's legal anymore.
yes, at my school Panhel would have called that an infraction/violation.

ΔΔΔ

$15 Million in 5 Years for St. Jude
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-03-2013, 07:21 PM

At my school, it was ok for a sister to say, "I hope to see you tomorrow." It's an expression of the sister's own sentiment. The sister doesn't know if the PNM will be invited to the next round, nor does she know if the PNM is going to rank her chapter dead last or if the PNM is considering dropping out of recruitment.

It was not ok to say, "I can't wait to see you tomorrow." That implies to the PNM that she will get an invitation or a bid.

It was also not ok to say "We hope to see you tomorrow." That implies that the sister is speaking for the whole chapter, not just for herself, and that the PNM will be getting an invitation or a bid - and the PNM might then not get that invitation or bid.

Anyway - I want to hear about pref, already!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

The "I" is all-important, but that doesn't mean that's what the rushee hears. In her enthusiasm, she can easily hear "your bid is sitting right here waiting for you!" instead of "I hope to see you again someday soon, but probably not within these 4 walls." HA! aephi alum's statement is what we followed as well.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Yep, aephi_alum has it like I learned it.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I. am. dying. for. this. story. to. end.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Please come back and finish!
Old 07-06-2013, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I love all these stories, but you writers really need to write everything down onto Word and then post them here separately. That way the story is already completed by the time you start and all you have to do is cut and paste.

ZPHIB - SOLO ACE - @BabyGucci_13
Old 07-06-2013, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I can understand the girl who does a live recruitment thread and stops when she gets cut/drops out. It's frustrating, but I understand. But a retro? Really, why start at all?
Old 07-06-2013, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I think posting a recruitment story is bad luck because as soon as they get started, tragedy or family issues or work troubles or etc, etc, etc, strike them.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

She might be busy over the holiday...come back, Californialover!
Old 07-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAuburnMom View Post
I think posting a recruitment story is bad luck because as soon as they get started, tragedy or family issues or work troubles or etc, etc, etc, strike them.
LOL! How true.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry yall, I was at the lake for the holiday with no cell service... I realize I probably picked a bad time to start writing a recruitment story, and that I should have written it all down before hand... but I didn't think to do that or really pay attention to my schedule when starting writing this. I'm sorry!
Anyways, here is the last installment of my recruitment story!

The next day I went to meet with my RC to pick up my schedule for preference night.
She told me I had gotten a full round of 2 parties, so I should be very excited, but when I opened my schedule, I couldn't help but be devastated.

I was invited back to Cape Town and Sydney.

Rome had dropped me.
I was shocked. I had thought for sure Rome was the place for me and that I would be happily running with all the other new Rome's on bid day.
I was still happy that I had Cape Town, having been another one of my favorites, but I was terrified that I would end up in Sydney, a house I didn't really feel like I belonged in.

After consoling me for a few minutes, my RC asked me what I was going to do. I still had one house left that I loved, so I was determined to go to preference night and show Cape Town that I fit in with them and that I belonged in their house.

The first party I went to was Sydney.
I don't know if it was just that I wasn't feeling the house or what, but I was not impressed with their preference. While the service itself was beautiful, the conversation I had was a far shot from convincing me that I could see myself here. My rusher probably asked me about 5 times if I had any questions, and despite my attempts to keep the conversation flowing, I found it very difficult.
I left Sydney unsure of if I would accept a bid from this house if I did in fact get one.

My final preference party was Cape Town, which I was very excited for. The girl that picked me up at the door was not someone I had met before, but she was from the same area I was, so we had a lot to talk about. The ceremony was beautiful, and I found myself about to cry at one point. I left Cape Town praying I would get a bid here.

I was debating that night if I should even rank Sydney, or just "suicide" bid Cape Town, but my RC convinced me that I would have a better chance at Cape Town if I put down Sydney as well because of the way the computer system ran.

Nervous and excited, I anxiously [COLOR="rgb(0, 255, 255)"]Cape Town[/COLOR] day.

Bid night came around and at 5 pm we were all outside waiting to get our bid cards... I got mine and noticed the familiar blue and gold ribbon at the top, and happily read that I was invited to join CAPE TOWN! ... otherwise known as

DELTA DELTA DELTA!!!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay! Congratulations!

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 07-07-2013, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!

And thank you for ending our torture.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Woo hoo! A Tri Delta ending!

Thank you for sharing your story with us!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.