GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,248
2 members and 1,246 guests
Cookiez17

Old 03-31-2008, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Depledging

I was recently pinned Alpha Xi Delta, but never initiated and I want to depledge due to the fact that my parents are moving to the same city and so now I am going to transfer to another college that doesn't have AXiD. Does anyone know the policy with depledging and joining another sorority? I have been told that now that I have been pinned I can never join another national sorority, but I have also been told that I just have to wait a year before I can join another one. Help please!!! Thank you.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

If you haven't been initiated, you are free to join another NPC. The one year rule for re-pledging only applies to your current campus, so once you transfer, you're good to go.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Technically, if you have not been initiated you can join another NPC sorority. Whether you will get another bid is something no one here can tell you.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Unregistered-

If you haven't been initiated, you are allowed to join another NPC sorority.

The "wait one year" rule applies only if you'll be re-rushing at the same campus.

Keep in mind that you'll have to rush one more time and several factors can play a role on whether or not you'll receive a bid -- how competitive is rush at your new school? Your class standing and transfer status? Your grades? All stuff to keep in mind.

ETA: LOL, I guess we all posted around the same time.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:01 PM

If you are moving to a new school, you are free to rush again without having to wait a year. Keep in mind that at some schools, it is more difficult to receive a bid as a transfer student (especially if you are not a freshmen).

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgal81 View Post
I was recently pinned Alpha Xi Delta, but never initiated and I want to depledge due to the fact that my parents are moving to the same city and so now I am going to transfer to another college that doesn't have AXiD. Does anyone know the policy with depledging and joining another sorority? I have been told that now that I have been pinned I can never join another national sorority, but I have also been told that I just have to wait a year before I can join another one. Help please!!! Thank you.
Off subject. Maybe I misread this, it sounds like your parents are moving to the same city that your current college is in. Because of this you want to transfer schools. Are you transfering just to get away from them? If you like your current school and major, like your sorority, is it really necessary to transfer and start all over?

/hijack
Old 04-01-2008, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillini View Post
Off subject. Maybe I misread this, it sounds like your parents are moving to the same city that your current college is in. Because of this you want to transfer schools. Are you transfering just to get away from them? If you like your current school and major, like your sorority, is it really necessary to transfer and start all over?

/hijack
It's not just that. There are several reasons: my major works out better at the other school, I am not satisfied with this school socially, the greek life here is relatively weak, and yes my parents are moving to the same city so that kind of adds to the list. I love them, but at this point I need my space.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:02 AM

I'm thinking about the concept of if my parents would have moved to where I was going to school. Yipes.

Your pledge is broken as soon as you transfer and you can rush again next fall. I hope the second time around is better.