GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,645
1 members and 2,644 guests
dizzycjuior8329

Old 05-23-2004, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Thumbs up Homicide: Life on the Streets

Best show ever?

This was cancelled some years back because some network executives were a bunch of weasels. It was always on Friday nights, which is not the best time slot.

The directing style was quirky, but engaging. The music choice, and editing, was absolutely outstanding.

Frank Pembleton (Andre Braugher) was my favorite character. Watching him question suspects was like watching modern day Shakespear. Listening to Pembleton question life made philosophy entertaining.

Luther Mahoney was the perfect villian, and I thought the seasons with him to be the best.

I guess that I just have to go out and buy the DVDs.

Last edited by PhiPsiRuss; 05-23-2004 at 06:53 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-23-2004, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

HOMO-cide? Ya mean Homicide... people are gonna start askin' questions you don't wanna answer!

Great series... too bad NBC sh*t-canned it! (Even though my high school classmate is the president of NBC Entertainment (Jeff Zucker), I don't have THAT much pull!)

Alpha Alpha (University of Oklahoma) Chapter, #814, 1984
Old 05-23-2004, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

"HOMOcide" = same side
Old 05-23-2004, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaSigOU
HOMO-cide? Ya mean Homicide...
Whoops!
Old 05-23-2004, 07:04 PM

Homicide was a great show, but it reminded me too much of when we lived in Baltimore -- Before the city was cleaned up.

Best show ever? Maybe, but others like Hill Street Blues, Chicago Hope -- and even some of the stuff today like ER, Law and Order and West Wing are good contenders, too.

And there are a lot of others as well.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum
Homicide was a great show, but it reminded me too much of when we lived in Baltimore -- Before the city was cleaned up.

I didn't know you'd lived in Baltimore, DeltAlum! What part and when? Living near Baltimore now, I shudder to think of what B'more was like *before* it was cleaned up. Yikes!

As for Homicide: Life on the Street, I got into it the last season it was on and I was so upset when it got the axe.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't discover this show until it was in re-runs, but I think it's great. The characters were all so interesting.

Russ, I have to disagree with you about Luther Mahoney. I couldn't stand to look at him, so those shows were my least favorite.

On the other hand, Richard Belzer can come to my dinner party. He' s a hoot!
Old 05-23-2004, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KillarneyRose
I didn't know you'd lived in Baltimore, DeltAlum! What part and when?
KR,

Yup. I worked at WJZ-TV in about 1974 for about a year. We lived off Liberty Road in Randallstown.

I stayed at the Lord Baltimore Hotel for about a month looking for an apartment before Mrs. DA moved out.

One night, coming up the stairs in the parking garage I found a "body" on one of the landings. Fortunately, in Charles Center in those days, every secnd preson you saw was a cop with a big dog. Told them about it. Thankfully, the guy was just drunk and passed out.

The station is just up the hill (Television Hill) from Druid Hill Park, and in those days they discovered bodies in there about every night. The cops wouldn't go in by themselves.

Not a good year. Moved on to Milwaukee. Then to Detroit. I never felt threatened in Detroit like I did in Baltimore.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum
I never felt threatened in Detroit like I did in Baltimore.
Wow, that says a lot about what Baltimore was like in those days.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
I loved Homicide. It was in syndication for a while but I don't think it is anymore. One of the best episodes was when the guy got pushed onto the subway tracks and the train had him pinned to the wall and the only reason he was still alive was because of the pressure of the train and as soon as they freed him, he would only live for a few minutes. All during the episode they were looking for his girlfriend who was out jogging and she jogged right past the ambulance they had just placed him in and she didn't know she had just passed him.

Chicago Hope was great too before they brought in Christine Lahti.