GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,326
4 members and 2,322 guests
Cookiez17, FSUZeta, PKT4LIFE, Xidelt

Old 04-05-2000, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking RUSH QUESTION's

Im curious if any fraternity guys out there could help me out , im thinking of pledging , but im not sure about what to expect I mean , i heard some pretty F***ed up stuff about pledging , like some frats made guys do the infamous elephant dance (if u dont know dont ask , lol) or like eat puke and do all this nasty shit , im all for hazin but not nasty crap like that , so id appreciate it soo much , i know you arent supposed to but if you could email me and tell me some things to expect and what u maybe went through or something whatever you say will be greatly appreciated , thanks alot.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-05-2000, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LXAAlum
T, If you are "all for hazing" then you are looking to join a fraternity for the wrong reasons. Definitely take the time to look objectively at each chapter on campus, and listen to what other people have to say about the organizations. Also, get to know some people from each chapter informally if you can, and see if they are the kinds of people you can relate to, and that your ideals are in line with. That should give you some idea of what to look for when you do actually rush. Good luck, and I hope you make a choice that fits in with your likes - remember, this will be a lifelong commitment, so take your time.

------------------
Don't be your brother's keeper; rather, be your brother's Brother.
Old 04-11-2000, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I have to agree, you should not be "all for hazing." If you want to do some stupid stuff during pledging then that is cool but could really say you respect your brothers if they beat you or made you drink puke? No, brotherhood is about that brotherhood. You should get to know some of the brothers, especially the newer members, they will help you get to know the fraternity better.