GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,583
3 members and 1,580 guests
anglasyandext99, mlanderson

Old 08-10-2003, 08:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Which Trading Spaces designer would you want to re-do your "space"?

I would definitely want Laurie. By the way, does anyone know how the designers are selected for a particular home?
Old 08-10-2003, 09:04 AM
Unregistered-

Screw the designers...I'd rather have TY THE HANDY GUY!

He can make me a four poster bed anytime!!!
Old 08-10-2003, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Vern is my favorite designer...I think I've only seen one room of his that I didn't care for.
Genevive and Edward are also very good...pretty creative although sometimes a bit over the top.
I like Frank, too, and he seems like the most fun and flexible to work with; although he's generally country-fied.
Laurie, in my opinion, is hit or miss. She ALWAYS does rooms in green, orange, yellow, or red and uses such fussy fabrics at the expense of fixing other problems in rooms.

Then of course there's the designers I wouldn't let touch my room with a ten-foot-pole: Doug, Hildi, and Kia.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:27 AM

Laurie and Frank are my favorites. To me, Vern is a hit or miss. I think because he's an architect that his rooms have a lot of straightness, meaning there's a lot of lines and squares. Everything is linear. Some of his stuff I'd actually like in my house. I wouldn't want Hildi or Doug near my house. I'm not a crier but I think if they were to enter my house and touch something I would cry!
Old 08-10-2003, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

i guess the way I would look at it...which one would I choose to be able to go in immediately and change it if I hated it, lol!
Old 08-10-2003, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I love everything the Vern does. Laurie's not that bad, sometimes. And Genevive is pretty creative.

I'd be pretty upset with Hildie, Doug, or Kia working on my home.

As far as Frank and the other new guy, their stuff is okay, but I'd prefer someone else.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
Laurie's a Kappa.

I mostly like her stuff, too. I say I'd want her or Vern. Frank's also good, when he avoids the country.

I'd probably cry when I saw Hildy walking in, or Kia. Although Hildy's good sometimes.
Old 08-10-2003, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to goldendelta
If they were doing my sorority house, I'd want Laurie. She was in a sorority so she'd put in the symbols like she did for the DG house. When Gen did the AOPi house there was nothing AOPi in there. Even Frank painted their letters on the wall.

If it was my home, I'd want Frank. Vern is a candle freak, and I'd rather light up my room with electricity than burn it down with candles (cause I'd do that). I haven't really seen any of the shows Kia was on. Doug or Gen is a hit or miss. I can't stand Hildi. Edward is ok. Just as long as they send Ty.

On the other hand, I don't get along with my neighbors so I'd have to be on While You Were Out.

Life Loyal
Old 08-10-2003, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
Vern is great. Doug is hit or miss with me, and i would cry if Frank, Hildy, Laurie or Genevive touched my house...i've never really liked any of their designs. I haven't seen any of the Edward episodes so the jury is still out on him, although my dad swears he is a decorating genious (but i think that's because he spends the least amount of $$)
Old 08-10-2003, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to steelepike Send a message via Yahoo to steelepike
If Hildie showed up to redo by space i would ask her politely to leave while pointing my shotgun at her.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:36 PM

In fact, Hildi never went to design school. I read an article about her and the show and it said that. I think it shows in her designs.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bgsarah
Personally, I wouldn't mind Hildi doing one of my rooms. I like her ideas, while sometimes I think she picks the wrong rooms to do them in!

Laurie I cannot stand. She just irks me. It seems like she and Doug do things against the peoples wishes more often than the others. EW.

I think the best match for me would be a carpentry and design team of Genevive and Amy Wynn Pastor. Love those girls!!!
Old 08-10-2003, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amandamarie Send a message via Yahoo to amandamarie
I love Vern! All his designs are ones I would put in my house in a heartbeat. I can't stand Doug! His designs are ok, I really like the movie theaterish one he did, but he's such a baby! I wouldn't want to put me or my neighbors through his crap!
Old 08-10-2003, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by steelepike
If Hildie showed up to redo by space i would ask her politely to leave while pointing my shotgun at her.

ok i agree, but m,y question is if she can get that job why can't I? I could do a better job at it then her.

Vern is my favorite, plus I think he such a cutie.
Old 08-10-2003, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Of all the designers, I think that Vern or Genevive's styles would work best for me. I guess Laurie would be my third choice.

On the other hand, I would cry if Doug, Hildie, Kia, or Edward would be the chosen designer.