GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,004
0 members and 2,004 guests
No Members online

Old 09-29-2000, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

mgdzkm433,

From what I hear Gore takes a different stance on religon, or at least on what he believes. I could be wrong but he believes that the whole world should believe in what he believes or you will go to hell. I wasnt crazy about Gore's affiliation with Clinton's administration either. I think Bush is a better choice for the country. He has some great qualities and I like the way he carries himself. Bush would make a great President.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-29-2000, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LXAAlum
kmullini,
Are you sure about that with Gore? I mean really, no one really knows what this guy stands for, since he can say so many contracdictory things about any issue - it depends on who he is talking to, and how he wants to embellish the issue (read: lie). i.e. his dog/mother in law, the union label lullabye, his economic plan that no one can make sense of, creating the internet(?), creating SPR, the hollywood fracus....how much can anyone take?

I thought Clinton/Gore would be good for a change. I was truly wrong. This time it's Bush - you may not agree with everything he stands for, but you at least know what it is he does stand for. You get the truth from him on the issues. Integrity is a real issue with me.
Old 09-30-2000, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

LXAAlum, No, I'm not sure about that with Gore. I wouldnt be suprised though if it was true. You make a vaild arguement that he is definitely not up front and truthful. He does seem more like Clinton in the way he counter, deflects, and misrepresents the facts. I'm sure Clinton and Gore do stand for something even though you never really know and its definitely not integrity. Bush is what our country needs. Bush is definitely a better role model.
Old 10-02-2000, 08:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Um, are any politicians truthful? So far, I haven't heard anything about Gore's religious stance, but I have heard plenty about Bush's. I feel like Bush has singled out MY religion, saying that I shouldn't be allowed to practice it if I were to joined the military, and saying that it isn't even a religion in his eyes. Which says to me, that if he had the chance to change the law protecting my religion, he would. Now, you say that Gore feels that his way is the only way. Lots of people believe that, and I think it's great that people have that kind of faith in their religion. However, Gore has not singled out my religion (or any other that I'm aware of), which signifies to me that he is comfortable with the laws that protect religion. If I hear that Gore says the same thing as bush, I won't vote for him either. But untill then, Gore has my vote.
Old 11-07-2000, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Yeaaaaa, Bush!

Gore is Clinton sans Monica.

------------------
"It's a long long road, it's a big big world, we are wise wise women, we are giggling girls." ~Ani DiFranco~
Old 11-07-2000, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Bush:

Vetoed the Patient's Bill of Rights in his home state.

Is against womens' choice.

Is against Affirmative Action.

Is against passing a Hate Crimes Law.

Is for using school vouchers???

I can't understand how any of you can be Pro-Bush. I certainly voted Democrat today! :

Old 11-07-2000, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

WOW, I needed to update my views and candidate. I'm no longer a Gore voter. I'm a Nader Voter. When I really looked into him, I was like. . . wow, not THAT is someone I can vote for and LIKE IT!