GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,423
2 members and 2,421 guests
AOIIalum

Old 06-08-2003, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to meridionaleDG
SO I am just visiting random forums tonight...

And I thought I would drop in here and say that ya'll have my absolute favorite badge design out of all the NPC chapters. Don't get me wrong, I love mine because of all the meaning behind it - but if I had to be superficial and go on looks - I would definitly choose the key!

Ya'll need to establish a chapter at the University of Southern Miss. I expect all of you to get right on that! STAT!

<3
- just a lil' dg
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-08-2003, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
Thanks for the compliment on our key! I think your anchor is pretty too!

*lol* I'm all about establishing Kappa chapters everywhere! (Of course, you are speaking to the girl who hopes someone up at Fraternity headquarters will start writing a plan for Kappa world domination soon! )

I guess you go to Southern Mississippi? Just out of curiosity, who do ya'll have there? I'm too lazy to go hunting down your Greek Life website at the moment.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

meridionaleDG, you must have read my "Chapter Wish List" thread! I would love to have a chapter at Southern! I also wish the chapter at Miss. State would be reinstated, but that doesn't seem likely since AOII is colonizing there.

My father-in-law lives in H'burg, so I'm there at least once a year. Is there any room at the Panhellenic dorm? Does it seem like there is a need for expansion?

Thanks for admiring our key. I like DG's anchor also. I guess I'm partial to "thing" badges!

sherbertlemons, I got curious and went to USM's site. I could remember only a few GLOs there--I was surprised at how many are there now. Here is what was listed for NPC GLOs: Alpha Delta Pi, Chi Omega, Delta Delta Delta, Delta Gamma, Kappa Alpha Theta, Kappa Delta, Phi Mu, and Pi Beta Phi.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MSKKG
meridionaleDG, you must have read my "Chapter Wish List" thread! I would love to have a chapter at Southern! I also wish the chapter at Miss. State would be reinstated, but that doesn't seem likely since AOII is colonizing there.

My father-in-law lives in H'burg, so I'm there at least once a year. Is there any room at the Panhellenic dorm? Does it seem like there is a need for expansion?

Thanks for admiring our key. I like DG's anchor also. I guess I'm partial to "thing" badges!

sherbertlemons, I got curious and went to USM's site. I could remember only a few GLOs there--I was surprised at how many are there now. Here is what was listed for NPC GLOs: Alpha Delta Pi, Chi Omega, Delta Delta Delta, Delta Gamma, Kappa Alpha Theta, Kappa Delta, Phi Mu, and Pi Beta Phi.
We are already spilling over as it is. Help is on the way though! They are planning sorority villages right now. So, I don't know how that is all going to work out.

I think it would be difficult to actually get another chapter at our school. You'd have to wait for another do disapear. I don't know why I am so infatuated with KKG, I think I just really love their name and pin. I feel bad for saying this - please don't think I'd *ever* turn my back on DG, I love my sorority!

Oh - you know what it is...there was a girl in my REL 131 class last semester who I guess came form Ole Miss because she always wore KKG stuff. She had the same name (Andrea) - and she was the first Andrea I met since I've been at Southern. hahaa
Old 06-09-2003, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

A sorority village will be so much fun! USC (S. Carolina) has a Greek Village that is so impressive.

After a few years of popping at the seams, USM might realize that another group is needed. We'll wait and see! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!
Old 06-10-2003, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MSKKG
A sorority village will be so much fun! USC (S. Carolina) has a Greek Village that is so impressive.

After a few years of popping at the seams, USM might realize that another group is needed. We'll wait and see! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!
Yea, but Theta and ADPi have less than quota (by a lot) - so they would probably use the excuse that those chapters aren't even filled up. I really wish it wasn't looked upon like that.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I know what you mean, but I can see both sides. However, it can get to the point that something has to be done for the good of the whole system. You can't "make" PNMs pledge a certain group, so unless there is big time Panhellenic support and encouragement from the other GLOs, that downward spiral and/or self-fulfilling prophecy will exist.

Maybe Theta and ADPi don't have the alum support that some of the other groups do. I know that Theta is new--how about ADPi?

The DG chapter at USC is struggling and 2 or 3 other chapters have a hard time making quota, but USC has invited Gamma Phi Beta to colonize in 2004. I think this is a mistake (no offense to Gamma Phi Beta) because the USC system has A LOT that could be changed that would alleviate most of the quota problems. Don't get me started on the USC system!
Old 06-11-2003, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Theta is new - and I really like that group. They are getting bigger and bigger, but personally I think ADPi needs to go. Not only are they older than Theta and have less members, buy they don't have a huge philanthropy event; I think in the entire past year they had one formal and one swap (what do their dues go towards?). During recruitment they kept inviting girls back hoping they maybe got cut from something else so they would *have* to go back. I cut them twice and they still kept inviting me back, but luckily I didn't have to see them again after the 1st day.

I hate talking bad, but they really need to step things up...I'm not really picky about sorority girls acting a certain way, but the older girls (they have a few really good newer girls I must admit) act like they are still in high school. I don't know...I guess a chapter is a chapter, but maybe they should re-enstate one of the older chapters that were there (Tri-Sigma or DZ). I know once DG got re-enstated at Auburn this past semester, they started with 115 members (legacies and other people).

Something needs to be done about our Greek System. I must admit it is fairly decent, but meh - who am I to pass judgment.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I attended Ole Miss from 1996-2000 and I was an a AOII. During that same time I had several friends who where in GLOs at USM, (Pi Phi, DZ (now gone), KD, Phi Mu, and Tri Delt). I think that USM needs a boost or just a pick-me-up for their Greek System. They have really strong chapters down there but it is like they could be even stronger if they had houses or lodges. I realize that they have a rule about sorority women living in a house together. My sister transferred to USM this past fall be/c she changed her major and she said that the one thing that stood out about USM greeks was their support to one another. She said that all of the GLOs were friendly with one another and they seemed to support each other more than here at Ole Miss with philanthropy events and other events. I think some lodges would be great for USM. I know that they lady that interviewed my sister was a KD at USM and she said that the school was in the process of building a Greek Area with lodges possibly in the future.
I am very excited about AOII colonizing down at Miss State. We are going to be using the Alpha Gamma Delta, I'm not sure if AOII has purchased it or they are renting it, but either way it is a really nice house, as are all of the houses at State. And so far all of the other GLOs have been very supportive of us colonizing down there. I know my chapter here at Ole Miss, I'm the Chapter Advisor, is going down there to help with Recruitment this year! Anyways, USM is a great university and I know my sister loves it down there!

Last edited by OleMissGlitter; 06-11-2003 at 03:21 PM.