GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,401
2 members and 1,399 guests
LaneSig
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 10:47 PM
mzgreekwonder

AKA membership: AKAs on GC DON'T discuss Membership!

Hello Ladies!!

I am interested in becoming a member of AKA but 1st I’m in need of some advice. The chapter on my campus will be having an interest meeting in two days but I am a little afraid to attend the meeting. The minimum GPA requirement is a C+ and I currently have a 2.6 GPA (Yes, I know this is pretty low). Will I be wasting my time even attending the meeting? Something else that worries me, I am a junior and my school has a reputation for having a line every other year so if I don’t attend this meeting it is very possible that I might miss my chance as an undergrad. If you choose to comment, please only respond with positive, encouraging and uplifting comments.

Thanks in advance!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-22-2008, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Do you have a boyfriend?
Old 10-23-2008, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzgreekwonder View Post

Hello Ladies!!

I am interested in becoming a member of AKA but 1st I’m in need of some advice. The chapter on my campus will be having an interest meeting in two days but I am a little afraid to attend the meeting. The minimum GPA requirement is a C+ and I currently have a 2.6 GPA (Yes, I know this is pretty low). Will I be wasting my time even attending the meeting? Something else that worries me, I am a junior and my school has a reputation for having a line every other year so if I don’t attend this meeting it is very possible that I might miss my chance as an undergrad. If you choose to comment, please only respond with positive, encouraging and uplifting comments.

Thanks in advance!
I positively encourage you to uplift yourself from GC and STOP playing these games. First, you appear with THIS, yet now you are feenin' like Jodeci to get you isht together for an alleged interest meeting in two days. Sheesh... You further state that your school has a reputation for "having a line" every other year, yet your school seemingly just had an interest meeting this past Spring--as referenced HERE. So....

Please review the advice given HERE and stop the nonsense.

Gimme a break.

Last edited by RedefinedDiva; 10-23-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Hello Ladies!!

Thanks in advance!
THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO ASK QUESTIONS!

Old 10-23-2008, 02:32 PM
mzgreekwonder

To RedefinedDiva: Thanks for responding but clearly a lot can happen between sept. 2007 and oct. 2008. In sept, there were flyers for an interesting meeting, however for whatever reason that interest meeting was canceled. Once again upholding their reputation for having a line every other year! But thanks for your response anyway.

To: 5Knowledge1913, Where exactly is the place to ask questions?? I can't ask on campus b/c it should be a big secret and I cant ask in the privacy of my own "computer" so where exactly is the right place??
Old 10-23-2008, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
To RedefinedDiva: Thanks for responding but clearly a lot can happen between sept. 2007 and oct. 2008. In sept, there were flyers for an interesting meeting, however for whatever reason that interest meeting was canceled. Once again upholding their reputation for having a line every other year! But thanks for your response anyway.
mzgreekwonder: Let's not play games with one another. You are further digging your grave.

------
03-05-2008, 03:45 PM
mzgreekwonder: Registered User Join Date: Sep 2007 Posts: 6

So, I am able to share the same feelings as the lady above wrote about almost 8 yrs ago! I am eager and ready to be apart of the first and finest sorority but my nerves are on the edge of breaking down. Lol. Our formal interest meeting is coming up in a few days and I am so nervous and emotional about attending. My biggest doubt is “will I make it”? Of course no one likes rejection or to even think about being rejected! Being apart of this sorority is a big dream for me and I know in the end I’ll feel such great joy and a sense of accomplishment but before that, I have to get over the scare of even going to the interest meeting Any tips or advice?? Should I already know ALL the facts of AKA going into the rush or will myself and other members be taught or encourage to learn this information after we’ve been selected to participate in the intake process??
------

Please refer to the link that I originally posted if you need to check YOUR dates. Are you simply A LIAR or do you seriously want me (and everyone else) to believe that an interest meeting that was to be held in MARCH was announced in SEPTEMBER of the PREVIOUS YEAR?

Knock it off.

Please find something else to do with your time. There shall be NO further discussion regarding this matter here.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

It came back! Is there something in the water this week?

Old 10-26-2008, 02:53 AM
GreekChat Member

LMAO!!!!