GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,459
0 members and 1,459 guests
No Members online

Old 01-01-2003, 10:24 PM

obviously not my letters but i was in a bar where they have all these signed dollar bills tacked to the ceiling and on one of them (RIGHT above my table) there was "TKE [and some guys name]" i was like "heyyy"
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-01-2003, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Since the letters T-K-E are in the English alphabet and the Greek alphabet I often see them on car liscnse plates. It always catches my attention and then I realize that it was just a random thing. Not "Vanity Plates." Still kind of cool. I always wonder if other greeks see them and wonder the same thing?
Old 01-01-2003, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Oddest place I ever saw Kappa Sigma Letters . . .

I was studying a physical anthropology text and we were looking at old cave paintings . . . and the damndest thing happened!

There in the wall painting from 5 thousand years ago was:

K S

Amazing! Surely the oldest recordest Fraternity Symbol anywhere?

I shit you not
Old 01-01-2003, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Of course then I discovered it was merely Graffitti . . . sigh . .. luckily they never discovered which chapter was responsible for marking up a Historical treasure . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by James
Oddest place I ever saw Kappa Sigma Letters . . .

I was studying a physical anthropology text and we were looking at old cave paintings . . . and the damndest thing happened!

There in the wall painting from 5 thousand years ago was:

K S

Amazing! Surely the oldest recordest Fraternity Symbol anywhere?

I shit you not
Old 03-07-2003, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I have three things to share!

First, I was in TGIFridays last month with my boyfriend when I saw an ATO paddle on the wall. This wouldn't normally be unusual because TGIFridays has stuff like that all over the walls. HOWEVER, it *is* unusual in that I live in *England* - I doubt that many of the British customers know what the paddle is!

Also, the other day, I was watching an episode of The Simpsons. In it, crazy Dr. Nick had to perform heart surgery on Homer. Not knowing a thing about medicine, Dr. Nick had a flashback to when he was in medical school in college. In the flashback they show him at a keg party. On the wall behind him is a pennant with the Sigma Chi letters! Doh!

Finally, today I happened to catch an episode of the classic show Happy Days. Ritchie Cunningham thinks he sees a flying saucer. Later that evening Richie has a dream where an alien comes to his house. The alien is actually Mork from Ork played by Robin Williams! When Richie leaves the room for a minute, his parents come home. Mork announces to them that he's Mork from Ork. Mrs. Cunningham asks if that's spelled "ORK" and Mork says yes. She then looks at his space suit and says, "Well, when Richard pledged ATO he didn't have to wear a suit like that." hehehehe

.....Kelly
Old 03-07-2003, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by navane
She then looks at his space suit and says, "Well, when Richard pledged ATO he didn't have to wear a suit like that."
Gary Marshall, who created and produced "Happy Days," was a Tau. Richie and Potsie both pledged ATO when they went to college, and there ended up being quite a few ATO references in the show.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

A couple years ago, before they hired Kelly Rippa to be the permanent co-host on Live with Regis (& later Kelly) they had a week where they had college students act as a co-host. One of the co-hosts was an ADPi! My mom called me in the room to tell me! That was pretty cool!
Old 03-07-2003, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MoxieGrrl
Well, they are not my letters, but in this month's Cosmo, there is a picture of Matthew McConn...(however you spell it) wearing Delta Tau Delta letters.
I just saw this post...

Matthew McConaughey was indeed a Delt - at UTexas. I met him at a fraternity party!

He also bought a skybox in the football stadium, and comes to each and every Texas football game.
Old 03-08-2003, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
Well, they aren't MY letters, but I just thought this was pretty neat. I was in Downtown Disney last Tuesday with friends, when I saw a girl in a purple Tri-Sigma bid day shirt... she must have been a new or recently initiated member, because the shirt was dated from late January.

I thought that was especially cool timing because we were showing around some guests of a friend of mine, and I spent the better part of the week talking with one of them, who is also Greek, and comparing our schools Greek systems. (An Alpha Phi from Duquescne, in Pennslyvania, in case anyone wonders.)
Old 03-08-2003, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James
Of course then I discovered it was merely Graffitti . . . sigh . .. luckily they never discovered which chapter was responsible for marking up a Historical treasure . . .
Shit dude....I was going to say, that's quite a find
Old 03-08-2003, 11:15 PM

If u watch the Steve Harvey show, there is an Omega Psi Phi crest by the door of his apatment.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to diamond_lady Send a message via Yahoo to diamond_lady
I like brands...

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
Does anyone else see something horribly wrong with branding? That has to be THE worst type of hazing imaginable, IMHO.

honeychile
My boyfriend is a member of Kappa Alpha Psi, and he has a diamond brand. I personally like it, it shows his lifelong commitment to his organization. I don't know if I could ever get branded, just because I'm a wuss...
Old 03-09-2003, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
Yes, but did he get that brand voluntarily, or was it a forced branding during his pledge period? It makes all the difference in the world.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to D_Chi_Zinni
the other day on TRL there was a guy commenting on how he liked "in the club" by 50 cent. Right behind the guy talking was 2 delta chi's with their letter shirts on it was pretty cool !
Old 03-09-2003, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Not my letters, but I saw a Phi Delta Theta paddle on the Man Show tonight during the Wacky Back sketch.