GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,551
2 members and 1,549 guests
MethrenLusia, PGD-GRAD

Old 03-08-2010, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Tom Delay: People Are Unemployed Because They Want To Be

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_489050.html

Seriously?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

We can't just keep treating the federal government as if they have unlimited funds. I agree that eventually the benefits have to dry up. The dole is a temporary measure, not a way of life. There are jobs out there and if that fails, there's entrepreneurship.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 03-08-2010, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasputen View Post
The problem is the Dems do treat the federal government as if they have unlimited funds. Welfare is a way of life for most Dems.

It is the n1ggerization of America.
*Yawn*

Welcome back, Max. Can't wait to read some more of your stimulating posts.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
We can't just keep treating the federal government as if they have unlimited funds. I agree that eventually the benefits have to dry up. The dole is a temporary measure, not a way of life. There are jobs out there and if that fails, there's entrepreneurship.
No, the government doesn't have limited funds, but neither does most of America. Owning a small business costs money, and if it isn't up front, it's in the taxes that small businesses have to pay.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CougarGrad View Post
No, the government doesn't have limited funds, but neither does most of America. Owning a small business costs money, and if it isn't up front, it's in the taxes that small businesses have to pay.
You can start mowing lawns for <$1,000. People manage to come here from Mexico or elsewhere with zero startup capital and run those sorts of businesses. During the immigration debates we were all talking about those jobs Americans simply won't do.

Maybe some folks need to adjust their expectations/entitlement mentalities?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 03-08-2010, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, around here, those kinds of businesses are going out of business too. I needed to find a locksmith to have a unique key made a few months ago. I used a 2009 phone book in September '09 and kept driving from listing to listing because the majority of them were simply vanished. Strip malls are emptying out. You have to have customers who can afford your service or business to stay in business. Ugh, it's totally depressing.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The problem is the Dems do treat the federal government as if they have unlimited funds. Welfare is a way of life for most Dems.
I agree a little, but I wouldn't just say it's the democrats or the "other word" you used. There's a lot of the lazy, trailer trash hillbillies, who take advantage of the welfare system, too.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I say cut them all off.
Yep. I agree.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The illegals are coming here to do all the jobs that the bros would be doing if they were not so lazy.
Max, I agree with most of the things you post, but you have to look at the whole picture. You're just saying it's African Americans, but try taking a trip to Walmart. That's like the convention center for lazy, trailer park people. I mean, I give some credit to the drug dealers. At least they understand how business works, but the hillbilles are so freaking stupid they can't even operate a self check out station. And they smell, too. It's not just based on one race of people. It works both ways.

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 03-08-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Max, I agree with most of the things you post, but you have to look at the whole picture. You're just saying it's African Americans, but try taking a trip to Walmart. That's like the convention center for lazy, trailer park people. I mean, I give some credit to the drug dealers. At least they understand how business works, but the hillbilles are so freaking stupid they can't even operate a self check out station. And they smell, too. It's not just based on one race of people. It works both ways.
I was going to comment, but this thread is going in a whole 'nother direction.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I like you more now.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
I was going to comment, but this thread is going in a whole 'nother direction.
Go ahead and comment. I hate dumb rednecks. I don't like the ghetto drug dealers either, but I'll bet you can take a drug dealer who lives in the ghetto, and put him or her at the top of a major corporation and he or she would be successful, and that's because numbers are numbers, you either get it or you don't. But the trailer trash wouldn't have a freaking clue. They're too dumb to even spell GED. Idiots!

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 03-08-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Go ahead and comment. I hate dumb rednecks. I don't like the ghetto drug dealers either, but I'll bet you can take a drug dealer who lives in the ghetto, and put him or her at the top of a major corporation and he or she would be successful, and that's because numbers are numbers, you either get it or you don't. But the trailer trash wouldn't have a freaking clue. They're too dumb to even spell GED. Idiots!
Why am I picturing Stringer Bell right now...
Old 03-08-2010, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhiAnna View Post
Why am I picturing Stringer Bell right now...
Who or what's that?

eta: forget I asked. I just googled it.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I hate the way that the welfare system is missed used in this country. I was talking to somebody a few years who still remembered when it first came out. Back then it was called Relief. It's purpose was to give you something to live off of until you could get on your feet. That is what it is designed for, not for people to life off of it indefinitely.