GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,318
0 members and 1,318 guests
No Members online

Old 10-01-2014, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

We're getting a lot more coverage of the incident here in Michigan and Hoke has publicly said he didn't see the hit. He thought Morris was wobbling because of his ankle injury, which I think is plausible. Most around here agree that if Hoke was winning, this would not have been a big deal. Most were saying this is Hoke's last year with the way the season has started. Many analysts have said they will not get a great football coach until Brandon is gone because he micromanages and coaches don't like him.

Harbaugh has publicly stated that he wants to remain in the NFL as a coach. The above analysts have said he does not like Brandon and will not work for him.

I think it is time for Hoke to go and maybe Brandon too, but not just because of this incident. This incident just gave more cause, over and above the horrendous start.

We need another Bo or another Lloyd Carr.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-02-2014, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Behind the Michigan Football Concussion Disaster http://nym.ag/1rCLay3 via @intelligencer

Michigan Mishandled Sexual Assault Case in Same Way It's Mishandled Concussion http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...all_tab_tw_top via @slate
Old 10-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOM View Post
Behind the Michigan Football Concussion Disaster http://nym.ag/1rCLay3 via @intelligencer

Michigan Mishandled Sexual Assault Case in Same Way It's Mishandled Concussion http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...all_tab_tw_top via @slate

That is the football culture at Michigan. It is a cult. I like how Michigan expelled the kicker who raped a girl AFTER he was out of eligibility.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Even as a Buckeye, I hate to see Michigan football like this.

This "cult" football culture you keep harping on is not only at Michigan. I would be willing to promise it is the culture at many of the big football schools, Ohio State included. If Urban Meyer was losing games, you best believe Buckeye Nation would be "on the horn" calling for his demise. Do I believe Hoke? Only he knows what he saw and was told and if he said he didn't know, my inclination is to believe him.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

There is a trending online topic that Jim Harbaugh might not be returning to the 49ers next year because of differences between him and management. Does this pave the way for him to return to Michigan?
Old 10-05-2014, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

This story goes back to the transition period between Carr and Rich Rod: there is some behind-the-scenes resentment on the part of Harbaugh...he was shy of his diploma when he left Michigan. While he was their coach, Stanford wanted him to get his degree. He asked Michigan to grant him his diploma without actually taking the remaining classes; my understanding is that he was pretty close to his degree. Michigan said no. Harbaugh was mad. The talk was that his grudge would probably preclude him from returning to coach Michigan.

Harbaugh also ruffled a lot of local feathers when he acted like a jerk following the 49ers win over Detroit a few years ago...I just saw that being replayed today.

So, I don't personally think that he'll be the top choice. I think people would rather have Les Miles, if there was a choice between the two. Which there probably isn't, anyway.

Last edited by Sciencewoman; 10-05-2014 at 05:18 PM.