GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,196
2 members and 1,194 guests
AlwaysSAI

Old 08-15-2005, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

U. of Missouri Recruitment Picture

All right, seems that Auburn isn't the only place where umbrellas are useful! Under the picture it says that about 1,005 women registered for recruitment, so this is another big one, right?

http://www.columbiatribune.com/2005/...815News021.asp

Looks like all the Mizzou potential new members got matching t-shirts.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-15-2005, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh those shirts are CUTE, surrrre the first year I'm not there they have cute shirts. Not that ours would look like the PNM's, but they usually look somewhat similar. 1000 girls is about average, I think actually more than 1000 went through last year and the year before, but I could be wrong. I know that ever since I've been on the rusher side (fall 2002) there has always been at least 1000 girls. Quota is normally 65, and chapters that don't meet quota on bid day always snap bid to quota within the next week.

Good luck to everyone going through at Mizzou and to all my girlfriends in all 13 houses, Mizzou recruitment is such a fun (but insane and stressful ) time!

ETA:
Exlurker, all the PNM's get two matching t-shirts (just different colors for different days) when they register and pay for recruitment. One is worn on the first day (16 party day) and the other is worn on the third day (5 party day/house tours). Sundresses, capris, etc. are worn on the second day (9 party day) which is skit day and then nice dresses for pref.

Last edited by FAB*SpiceySpice; 08-15-2005 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

The matching t-shirt thing is a good idea. I was horrible at recruitment and always remembered women by what they wore. Then I wouldn't know who they were when they walked in the door at the next round. If they had matching t-shirts, I'd have to learn their faces!

Dee
Old 08-16-2005, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

WGa has pnm shirts..
Old 08-17-2005, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

What's the word on the total number of PNM's that registered?
Old 08-23-2005, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Mizzou Update: All NPC Sororities Made Quota

According to the Maneater, all 13 NPC sororities at the U. of Missouri made quota.

http://www.themaneater.com/article.php?id=21619

Unfortunately, the article doesn't say what quota was, but I guess it's good news that everybody met it.

EDITED TO ADD: A post in the DG forum gives 61 as quota at Mizzou.

Last edited by exlurker; 08-23-2005 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

All the chapters made quota? How often does that happen?!

If quota is 61 and there are 13 chapters, that's 793 new members. If 1,005 began recruitment, then 212 dropped or were cut. That's 21%.

It would be interesting to compare those returns to PHCs on similar campuses. Who's our resident statistician?

AGDAlum
remembering when Mizzou's chapter total was 64 and the year that quota was 28 (that would be 1971)
Old 08-24-2005, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Check those numbers again. Two to three houses, under NPC new release figures, now in effect at Missouri for 3rd year, had to drop over 50% of the 1,000 PNM's after open house.

***My above comment was made in response to a post from fab spicyspice that has since been removed****

Last edited by TigerOwl; 08-26-2005 at 01:26 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Did those houses that had to release a larger pool of women make quota? If so and if houses that normally don't achieve quaota then I really don't see the issue. All's the release figure system did was release more women to go "downstream" to other houses and eventually match rather than have top houses who are only going to release them anyway keep them until later in the system.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

You have said it in as few as words as possible --the purpose and result of the NPC new release figures and how it works. Yes, the houses that were required to release those large numbers did make quota. But they have to be very careful too, because the party going into pref and/or the invitational before pref has less PNM's per party than the quota number. ie: 200 PNM's at 5 party day (day before pref) average 40 per party when quota is 60.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

But that's the point...those chapters do not NEED 2x time squota back to achieve quota. It will take awhile for chapters to understand and feel comfortable with have less than quota at pref (having been at rushes on both sides of the release figures I know how stressfull having less than quota back when you are a top 3 group feels...) but this new method works and it helps the whole system!
Old 08-26-2005, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm still recovering from Mizzou recruitment, haha, anyways... quota was 63. And, yes, all 13 chapters made it!!! (That's ALL panhel wanted!)