GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,524
3 members and 2,521 guests
John, LaneSig, navane

Old 11-09-2001, 09:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down Guys' mentality

I thought a guy is interested in me, but then I found out that he is not probably. I don't know for sure but he has suddenly turned cold. This is weird because I though he found me quite charming just not too long ago. I think i will stop calling him or talking to me too much from now on. It will make me look cheap and desperate since he does not seem to have any reaction at all. I've done a lot to show my passion already!

I am so disappointed. It's better to retreat now than to give him the chance to flatter himself and laugh at my foolishness.

Why are guys like this? What's the mentality behind it? Do they like to play hard-to-get too?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-09-2001, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

You sure ask a LOT of questions---Your name suits you! J/J
All the guy regulars have chimed in on this at different points-on different threads. Let me tell you the REAL deal. Yes, there may be denial and there will always be exceptions to the rule. The guys who post here give a "damn" about what people are thinking and feeling. That is one major league difference between the guys on GC and the guy you are refering to. Here is the truth.

Guys are ANIMALS! They are like hunters. No pleasure in shooting or capturing a caged animal. They like to stalk their prey. Hence, NEVER show you are overly interested in the begining. It's the chase. Why else are so many girls dumped after the guy tires of the sex? And without love, he WILL get tired of it and look for his ultimate desire.

Their FIRST thought of a female is NOT about her personality or her IQ. It's a biological reaction-propagation of the Human Race. Studies link pelvic span (child bearing) to different degrees of "attraction.
Women do this as well. At the point when she is most fertile, her attraction is to a provider/protector image. When the phase of fertility declines, she tends to be attracted to a nurturing type.

Now, I want you to consider "Charlies Angels" not the new version, but Farrah, Kate and Jacquelin. (I know, this may seem odd.) Farrah was the ideal girl to show off to the guys and "party" with. Jacquelin was the girl you took to your social engagements. Kate was the one you introduced to your parents. A girl for go and a girl for show and a girl for the folks. The bottom line is a woman must be all these things, but the ORDER in which it is revealed is very important. Remember this little phrase-

"He chased her and chased her and chased her, until she caught him." Disclaimer-Most is said in jest, but as they say-"Many a truth is said in jest."
Old 11-09-2001, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool you're doing the right thing

I think you're doing the right thing. At least it's what I would do in that situation. I always try to judge a guy's intentions and motives by his ACTIONS and nothing else. What he says or what others say doesn't matter... just look at what the guy actually DOES. Does he call you? Does he approach you when he sees you around campus? Does he ask you out on dates, or invite you over to his place? Guys who LIKE a girl, do all of these things. If he's not doing this stuff, at least the way I interpret it, he doesn't like you. No point in you throwing yourself at him, then. If he knows you're into him and that you would be totally receptive to anything nice he did (such as asking you out, or calling you to chat), yet he STILL doesn't take any action, then he just doesn't like you. Get the message, and move on. What's really sad is when girls just can't get the message.