GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,432
0 members and 1,432 guests
No Members online

Old 09-13-2010, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Seriously, can we let it go?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-13-2010, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck 18!
Old 09-13-2010, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The interwebs. I understand it's a "series of tubes."
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
^^ THIS

SIPing is always scary, but in this case, it sounds like it may have been the right choice for you. Hope you have your Ashleigh ending!

TEII
Old 09-13-2010, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

BID NIGHT!!!! Can't wait to hear the ending! I hope it turns out well for you!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
This will never work. Conversations like this have to burn themselves out, get taken to another thread (by one of the participants) or get shut down with a modly warning (or worse a lock). The goal isn't to "ruin" this PNM's thread. I'd recommend skimming over it until one of those things happens if it bothers you.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
This will never work. Conversations like this have to burn themselves out, get taken to another thread (by one of the participants) or get shut down with a modly warning (or worse a lock). The goal isn't to "ruin" this PNM's thread. I'd recommend skimming over it until one of those things happens if it bothers you.
Yes, how dare I point out that a pnm may not have been able to meet all members of a chapter. I kept the comments I wanted to make about word choice out if it, but obviously I'm a meanie hater who got a whole thread dedicated by a lurker.

I'm in your threadz, ruining your recruitments and causing rejectments...by stating the obvious.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope everything worked out for you on bid day! Please come back and let us know either way. We're rooting for you!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
The thing about SIPing at her school is that there are generally a few chapters who snap/COB immediately after formal recruitment. So, I really think women should try to maximize their options every round, but if they SIP and don't match, they are not out of it until next year's formal recruitment.

Of course, the counter-argument is that some of the chapters COBing are the ones that are less popular with PNM's to begin with, but COB can be a second chance to look at a chapter they cut early on. With 19 chapters, first round rankings are based on almost nothing.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellebud View Post
I don't believe that the OP was feeling "victimized". She was simply stating what she saw. This could have been the room she was in, the blur that is recruitment, or a lack of diversity. And that is what it is, her observations. Just as everyone does on their threads. I didn't say she was. I was responding moreso to DBB's telling VS not the "make her feel bad" and also the OP's "reminding" us to be careful with posts because the "slightest thing can destroy or us make us quit recruitment" which sounds overly dramatic and victimized. As far as her original comments on the chapter, I have no problem with her observation or her choice of words.

As far as this messageboard I find that most people are, most of the time, kind, sometimes terse (with good reason: How many times can the same question be asked when the answer is right in front of them? AAARGh to quote Charlie Brown), often very funny and intelligent. I agree.

As far as cyberbullying, a phrase that wasn't said or implied in my comment, if you read newpapers and/or watch the news, it can in fact be devastating. I hope that you aren't insinuating that, if a poster has a different viewpoint and/or asks for empathy for someone, that they should leave because they aren't part of your mindset/party: perhaps you might want to reconsider that idea. That's not at all what I said and I wasn't responding to you with that comment. The OP is the one who said GC posters are more than "terse," they are cyberbullying which I believe is completely false. Just because a poster has their different viewpoint challenged, even in a terse or teasing manner, they don't get to accuse others of cyberbullying or of being haters, as the OP suggested.
Hope that clears it up for you. And yes, I'm hoping she gets Ashleigh.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl

Last edited by christiangirl; 09-13-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

As do I hope that she gets Ashleigh.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I have enjoyed the OP's fresh approach to recruitment stories. She was pretty honest without being offensive, gave us interesting side info (the line at Subway was manageable because she got there early!), and basically gave us a glimpse of her week.

I have no idea where she is (what is it with you people who can always tell??!) but I think she sounds like a girl who will be a good member. I sure hope Ashleigh comes through for her!

If not, I have no doubt the OP will pick herself up, dust herself off, and carry on.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Day 7: Bid Day

Since I suicided, I clutched my phone all night and all day, waiting for that dreadful call. Tick tock tick tock. Nothing. I get out of class and rush home to get ready and drop off my things. I head out to the quad knowing my destiny. I wasn’t nervous at all, just excited to return home. All my friends were jittery and I tried to calm them down. It felt like forever, but finally the announcements started after we finished taking photos. We sat and listened as words were spoken and Gamma Chi’s affiliations were revealed. They handed out our bid cards, but of course we couldn’t open them. I got my camera ready to take photos of my friends’ excited faces. Go! Girls screamed and jumped. I took photos until everyone was done. Then I opened mine knowing what it would say. We ran over, but had to split. I ran to my house, the lovely Ashleighs. I noticed one of my friends was there too! We are now sisters!!! Once everyone got there we learned the hand sign and took a ton of photos. It was odd that we didn’t run to the house, but we had a nice walk. I talked to the President along the way.

We could hear the chanting and screaming from over 3 blocks away. We started to rush over. My friend and I were the first at the house and had no idea what to do. We walked in the empty house feeling a little creeped out. But it was nothing. We got our bags with a heart and our t-shirts. We had to find our buddies! I eventually found mine and we went to eat dinner. After that we did several fun activities, including bid day photos. Before we knew it, it was time to leave! My buddy walked me home. When I walked into my room my roommates saw my goodies and shirt. They thankfully let me hang my beautiful Ashleigh door dec.

Now it’s your time to guess who Ashleigh is!!! I am sure most of you know because I gave out a pretty big hint I think….. I’ll announce it later………..
Old 09-13-2010, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Yikes, once again, I have no idea! I seriously need better sleuthing skills!

ETA - Please just tell us now!

Last edited by gee_ess; 09-13-2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: have to get to bed and need to know
Old 09-13-2010, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
I know but I think there's someone else here who I'm sure would love to guess more than I would, so I'll let her do it
Old 09-13-2010, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you. Now, as someone who doesn't know where you are....please make it official!