GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,401
2 members and 1,399 guests
LaneSig, TLLK

Old 08-07-2018, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

MotherRusher, here is one in your honor! May this week pass quickly and with great joy.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherRusher View Post
I want in this! I’m ahead of you guys, and Fireball is my choice! My daughter is also going through recruitment, and hers started TODAY. UGA baby! Keep the drinks coming.
Oh boy! I hope it goes well for her! (and you!)
Old 08-08-2018, 08:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok, y'all aren't making me feel good about my LD rushing!
Old 08-08-2018, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherRusher View Post
I want in this! I’m ahead of you guys, and Fireball is my choice! My daughter is also going through recruitment, and hers started TODAY. UGA baby! Keep the drinks coming.
MotherRusher! Please give us updates on your daughter's experience. How long is recruitment at UGA? My daughter's recruitment starts Monday. I'm stocking up on booze now!
Old 08-08-2018, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevogal View Post
I apologize. I didn't mean to add stress.

While TX rush is brutal, it can't be any worse than some of the other large schools. If it's what she wants, more power to her.

I'm confident she'll find her way!
Old 08-08-2018, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

@DGTess, I was kidding! Lol, I am going to stress no matter what! I am also about to embark on a new journey...empty nester, and this is what is really worrying me!!
Old 08-08-2018, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Where was this thread last year when my least sorority girl daughter went through recruitment at a D1 school?

Two pieces of advice I gave her. One, keep an open mind. Two, you will not be invited back to a chapter you love. Don't take it personally. Move forward and accept the chapters that did invite you back.

She did keep an open mind, but she's still a little bitter at that one chapter that didn't invite her back for day two.

I'm here keeping my seat warm until daughter #3 goes through next year.

Carry on and don't mind me. Happy to share my moscato.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

My kiddo has been dropped off and we went on to our home state to visit our parents. I'm at my Mom and Dad's now, and disappointed in their liquor selection.

I've heard from my daughter twice so far. Once to say she's having fun, and once to remind me to send her something she forgot when I get back home. Both texts. She claimed that was all she had time for. Obviously, she's doing fine. Me? I am too, really. I'm surprisingly not that concerned about the Recruitment part. Since I wasn't in a sorority, I don't have a preference about where she ends up, and according to her, just about everyone ends up somewhere. I would hate for her to get her heart set somewhere, and end up not going there, but I guess it is what it is.

Hope all the other moms are hanging in there.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliBean View Post
I'm at my Mom and Dad's now, and disappointed in their liquor selection.
This made me LOL.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey ladies! Sorry, I haven’t been back to update everyone on my daughter’s recruitment. I’ll try to keep this short and sweet, so I don’t bore y’all. ��

Round 1 (two days) visited 19 houses.

Round 2 (two days) visited 13 houses (14 was a full schedule) cut by her #3,5,8,9,16

Round 3 visited 8 houses (full schedule) cut by her #1,2,5,8

Pref Round invited back to #1 and 2 (2 is full schedule)

We will find out tomorrow where her new home will be!
Old 08-14-2018, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

New here. Went through this process years and years ago. Now, my daughter is waiting to hear the news. Quick question: IF you are going to drop out, is it better to do it BEFORE preference (once you see your party list) or is it better to attend preference parties and then not sign the card at all (if you don't like them still)? Don't both scenarios make you available for COB/snap bids (rare, we know)? I am just on pins and needles. She had a few disappointments after round 2 so I am trying to keep her positive and open-minded!
Old 08-14-2018, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crcact View Post
New here. Went through this process years and years ago. Now, my daughter is waiting to hear the news. Quick question: IF you are going to drop out, is it better to do it BEFORE preference (once you see your party list) or is it better to attend preference parties and then not sign the card at all (if you don't like them still)? Don't both scenarios make you available for COB/snap bids (rare, we know)? I am just on pins and needles. She had a few disappointments after round 2 so I am trying to keep her positive and open-minded!
Go to prefs, then don't sign.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Finally got to talk to my daughter for longer than a few minutes this morning. She's having a great time. She and her roommate are meeting people and having a blast.

The first round appears to have gone well. I don't know how sororities figure out who is going to talk to which PNM, but whatever the system, I'm impressed. She not only talked to two girls at houses who were also involved in the same Robotics competition that she was, but at the fourth house she visited, she was paired with one of her dance camp friends that she hasn’t seen since seventh grade. At first, she thought it was a weird coincidence, but the girl knew exactly who she was, where she was living now, and my daughter realized it probably wasn’t a coincidence at all. That was pretty exciting for her to see a friendly face.

Anyway, she got 11 houses back for the next round and she was super happy with it. That fourth house was still on it, and she's excited to go back to all the houses that invited her. Since she's allowing me to post here, she has gotten over her paranoia since it's pretty obvious where she is.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

EliBean, That is why actives have Work Week before the parties start! Pairing up PNMs with actives who have something in common with them is no accident. Happy to read that your daughter is enjoying recruitment. Wishing her the best!

Chi Omega
Old 08-14-2018, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevogal View Post
Just keep preaching, “keep an OPEN mind”.

Those who don’t hang their hearts on a choice few 3 or 6 houses tend to do just fine during Texas rush.

Remind your daughter that most PNM’s who say they were released actually decided to drop out because they think they’re too good for half the Greek system.