GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,409
0 members and 2,409 guests
No Members online

Old 01-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
Spinderella has a point--and she would know. Personally I don't know anyone who hadn't been denied at least twice before being accepted into their org of choice. It took me four tries. And although she probably won't admit it, Dr. Phil shared with me that it took her three times.
This is why I can't confide in you. Mouth almighty!!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Banned

Uh...so...aspiringchica...long story short, we don't know whether you will ever get accepted. Rejection happens for a reason. Take that however you choose.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinderella View Post
Aspiringchica08, NPHC organizations expect applicants to keep applying as many times as necessary. The more you apply, the more it looks like 'its in your heart'.

The rejection takes over as basically a mind game that applicants are somehow, missing something from their lives if they don't keep trying harder to be a member. The rejection also is supposed to make applicants hold dear, the principles of lifetime commitment, since it took alot of 'work and rejection' to become a member.

Amazing how grad chapters may boast having 500 members/200 financial members, yet the lifetime commitment of service is only carried out by 50 members. What happened to the other 450???
Since you can't possibly have been exposed to thousands of members in hundreds of chapters across the U.S. and beyond, your personal experience (on the outside looking in of course) means nothing. Perhaps the members that you know personally would be the best persons to answer your questions. Right now you just sound like a typical hater and the worst kind; the kind that thinks they know (swears they know) when they don't. You should explore why that is. Rejection maybe?
Old 01-26-2010, 03:37 AM
GreekChat Member

@ DrPhil

This question really was not for me...! I have not tried to go through with any part of any process yet... I am nervous as heck even thinking about it...

One of my roomies and I are actually interested in the same org, while another is interested in something different.

Thanks everyone again for responses =] I am appreciative!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:13 AM
GreekChat Member

What is the point of the original question? Whenever any transaction happens, the circumstances are unique therefore, the same transaction happening at a different time has different circumstances and could potentially have a different outcome. Move on to more meaningful questions like "What tone and message will President Obama convey in his SoTU address tomorrow night and will it make a difference?"
Old 01-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoyred View Post
Move on to more meaningful questions like "What tone and message will President Obama convey in his SoTU address tomorrow night and will it make a difference?"
Thanks for the warning. I pray there's something good on TV.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

@McCoyRed...

Well, I did just want to know.. but I definitely think about meaningful questions... This situation with Haiti has been a topic of interest as of late

thank you for your response !! =]