GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,142
1 members and 1,141 guests
bjenzdarka5720

Old 11-07-2017, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDLady12467890 View Post
yall literally don't understand how much i hate kd. like, i've been here for a year and a half and my only "friend" in this sorority is my big.
Well, OK then. Buh-bye.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

You can't schedule work around meetings, but you can take off to go to the formal.
Do everyone a favor and resign from your sorority.

Old 11-07-2017, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Quote:
yall literally don't understand how much i hate kd. like, i've been here for a year and a half and my only "friend" in this sorority is my big.
Do KD a favor and resign.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossLadyAKA View Post
LOL, Girl - What?

It looks like you posted your question with an agenda in mind. If you're not committed to your organization - resign. If you'd like to maintain affiliation, perhaps look into whether your organization allows you to take a semester hiatus, or go early alum (I'm only passingly familiar with NPC rules).

Don't, however, use having a job as a mask for what appear to be your true and underlying issues with the sorority. As an adult, hiding behind excuses is never a viable means to an end.

"Excuses are tools of incompetence..."

This is gold!!!
Old 11-07-2017, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I go to all the mandatory events, and reach out to sisters - asking if they want to go eat, study, etc. but they always ignore me. At the events I get involved, and sit with the girls yet they never include me in conversation, and when I try to speak up they always talk over me. It's not just as simple as "put yourself out there/make an effort". I do, yet it always fails. Everybody in my sorority has their cliques, yet I somehow missed out on finding mine. Also the president and VP Membership dislike me, and I've even heard of them talking behind my back. I want so much to have a group of lifelong friends and sisters, but unfortunately no matter how hard I've tried, it just doesn't ever work out. I've messaged nationals about it and they haven't replied even though I messaged them over a month ago. Also, the VP Membership and Pres dislike me so much they make it a point to find me in meeting, or other events where we're supposed to have our PACE Face on/be all made up, hair done, dress, heels etc. and they'll point out to me that me makeup isn't just right, or hair needs to be better curled or etc. also one time we had an informal meeting and it was comfort/pj themed so everybody came in without makeup and etc. and I get called out because apparently I don't look good to them without makeup on because I have mild rosacea, even though I think I look bomb af. I mean isn't a sorority supposed to be instilling confidence in others? Because according to what I've experienced, it's not.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

And tbh it's not even me that they single out, they pick on everybody else in the chapter. They feel entitled because they're on the council, and they have singled out nearly every other girl who's not on council. It's ridiculous. We've brought it up and they had a standards meeting, but nothing's changed. Hopefully if i stay in our new pres will be 100000x better and better this chapter.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

As A Fraternity guy, all of this amazes me. With todays costs of attending college, just maybe this member happens to need extra money!
Being in a Sorority is extra money that is not a positive must for what it cost.

The snideness of many of the remarks here is unbecoming of you! When members treat a member like this I think it sucks!

Many of my Brothers needed to work jobs to help pay bill such as dues and all of the other things that maybe required much of which is just plain B S and needed only in your minds.

Greek life may be forever, but graduation is more important! I would never belittle a member for trying to pay for college and graduate over being in a group of katty women who look down their noses at a fellow sister!

Shame on all of you!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 11-08-2017, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I go to all the mandatory events, and reach out to sisters - asking if they want to go eat, study, etc. but they always ignore me. At the events I get involved, and sit with the girls yet they never include me in conversation, and when I try to speak up they always talk over me. It's not just as simple as "put yourself out there/make an effort". I do, yet it always fails. Everybody in my sorority has their cliques, yet I somehow missed out on finding mine. Also the president and VP Membership dislike me, and I've even heard of them talking behind my back. I want so much to have a group of lifelong friends and sisters, but unfortunately no matter how hard I've tried, it just doesn't ever work out. I've messaged nationals about it and they haven't replied even though I messaged them over a month ago. Also, the VP Membership and Pres dislike me so much they make it a point to find me in meeting, or other events where we're supposed to have our PACE Face on/be all made up, hair done, dress, heels etc. and they'll point out to me that me makeup isn't just right, or hair needs to be better curled or etc. also one time we had an informal meeting and it was comfort/pj themed so everybody came in without makeup and etc. and I get called out because apparently I don't look good to them without makeup on because I have mild rosacea, even though I think I look bomb af. I mean isn't a sorority supposed to be instilling confidence in others? Because according to what I've experienced, it's not.
Yikes. You messaged your national office about this? This is just about one of the biggest no-nos ever. Stick to the chain of command - start with your chapter advisors, then regional advisors, and escalate the problem from there, if needed. Don't skip 10 steps then wonder why you're not receiving a response, especially because this seems like pretty typical chapter drama.

Quote:
And tbh it's not even me that they single out, they pick on everybody else in the chapter. They feel entitled because they're on the council, and they have singled out nearly every other girl who's not on council. It's ridiculous. We've brought it up and they had a standards meeting, but nothing's changed. Hopefully if i stay in our new pres will be 100000x better and better this chapter.
It sounds like it's just two members who are the problem. How many women are in your chapter? And how long have you been a sister?

Perhaps you need more time. Maybe you need to tap into your big's connections and friends - you said you're close with her. What about making friends with members of the newest or next pledge class?

@~/~~~~
Old 11-08-2017, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp View Post
As A Fraternity guy, all of this amazes me. With todays costs of attending college, just maybe this member happens to need extra money!
Being in a Sorority is extra money that is not a positive must for what it cost.

The snideness of many of the remarks here is unbecoming of you! When members treat a member like this I think it sucks!

Many of my Brothers needed to work jobs to help pay bill such as dues and all of the other things that maybe required much of which is just plain B S and needed only in your minds.

Greek life may be forever, but graduation is more important! I would never belittle a member for trying to pay for college and graduate over being in a group of katty women who look down their noses at a fellow sister!

Shame on all of you!

Once she outed her sorority and said how much she hated it, game over. Yes, this started out smaller, but that blew my mind.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Tom, it is exceedingly clear that this really has nothing to do with money or needing to work. She doesn't like her sorority. She wants to quit. She came here to ask GREEK MEMBERS, who obviously love their organizations, if she should quit. She has made her decision and I guess she thought we would say "Oh they are big meanies who have hated me since I pledged and won't be my friend or talk to me and I hate them all." What do you expect from us when we get that attitude?
Old 11-17-2017, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It's content like this that makes logging back into GC every once in a blue moon worth it.