GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,223
0 members and 2,223 guests
No Members online

Old 12-07-2007, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

honest question, honest answer please!!

Hi,

I would really like an honest answer, because I starting to become a bit fusturated and discontent. I feel like when I talk to my nationals they are lying to me or they are not telling me all the details. This could be If I call to ask about my standing, or paperwork being processed. Anything really. They sound really odded out and they are not clear when I talk to them. Is there something I dont know? Is there a note in their computer that might be bad that my chapter sent to them? I feel like the only way they will tell me everything is if I were to push them and I dont really think thats appropriate.

I've noticed that there are a lot of people on here that seem to be older than me, so maybe you guys might be able to help to me out or give me some insight.

thanks.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Unregistered-

Honestly, your post seems very general and vague, and I doubt that anyone's going to provide answers without knowing about your situation. Are you a collegian or an alum? Have you been initiated or not?

Us "older folk" might know a thing or two, but the best ones to ask would be the members of your own organization. They'd probably be the best qualified to answer your questions.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

your explanation seems a little cryptic, so i may not be able to give you a definative answer, but here goes:

it would seem to me that if you are an initiated member, no matter what you are inquiring about, that your national office should at the least be able to say"your situation is under review at present, and we will have to get back to you."

if you have not been initiated, they may not have your name in their system.

hope this helps.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not sure there are enough details in your post to meaningfully reply, monko. First, what kind of group are you in? An IFC fraternity? A NPHC sorority? A NPC sorority?

Second, why are you so paranoid? It sounds like there is a reason why you think someone from your chapter might send nasty things to your headquarters... which makes me think you've told us about 1/100 of the story.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Are you trying to transfer schools and become affiliated with a chapter at a different school? I agree with the others. We can give you an honest answer without knowing the honest question
Old 12-07-2007, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

basically you posted a whole lot of nothing, cuz you didnt post anything meaningful towards what you want an "honest answer" about...
Old 12-07-2007, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

yea, it is very general. Its with whatever question I ask they act like that. I mean im sure my chapter hasnt said anything to them. I guess thats what I am trying to figure out. I was only initated at the end of last semester, and I assume that if I did anything bad, they wouldnt let me initiate. Right now I am withdrawn from that college, so I haven't been involved with the chapter since we left school last May.

I know a girl from my old school that got lied to by her nationals. She tried to transfer assuming she was in good standing(she had no troubles with her chapter from what I hear) and nationals sent her letter to the new school without telling her the standing that she was in. She went to the new school and was not asked to join, because of her standing. She was pretty pissed.

If you dont know,its ok I understand. It is a really vague question.

Last edited by monko3; 12-07-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I dont really know how to explain it...
Old 12-07-2007, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Are you saying that any time you go to your nationals with a question, they aren't willing to help you? That's how I interpreted that.

I'm not sure if you have any regional representatives, but you may try passing your concerns to them and have them forward it to nationals.

Your posts are kind of vague, so it's a little difficult to give a "real" answer.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Are you saying that any time you go to your nationals with a question, they aren't willing to help you? That's how I interpreted that.

I'm not sure if you have any regional representatives, but you may try passing your concerns to them and have them forward it to nationals.

Your posts are kind of vague, so it's a little difficult to give a "real" answer.

yes, I end the phone call still not knowing the full answer, because I feel like they are willing to help at first, but then as soon as I say my name their tone changes and they become less helpful. It sounds sketchy to me. unless there is something I dont know. like I said before I left school after the semester I was initated (last spring), and as I said before I am asumming if I did something wrong they wouldn't have let me initiate. I havent done anything with them because Im not there. so if my chapter told them they dont like me, because I left school and thats the reason I am not getting full answers then that really is not fair.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monko3 View Post
yes, I end the phone call still not knowing the full answer, because I feel like they are willing to help at first, but then as soon as I say my name their tone changes and they become less helpful. It sounds sketchy to me. unless there is something I dont know. like I said before I left school after the semester I was initated (last spring), and as I said before I am asumming if I did something wrong they wouldn't have let me initiate. I havent done anything with them because Im not there. so if my chapter told them they dont like me, because I left school and thats the reason I am not getting full answers then that really is not fair.
Perhaps what you're asking for is not something they're wanting to discuss over the phone? I don't know.

Of course, we're not going to know the exact reason that they're not being helpful, but again, if there is some reason they're not speaking with you, you may want to let your regional representative know. They can speak to nationals on your behalf, or at least attempt to get some kind of clarification on what's going on.

GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monko3 View Post
How many times have you called them? Maybe they're just getting annoyed...

Ok, you're initiated. Have you paid all of your dues? Because that should be the only thing that would prevent you from being a member in good standing.
GreekChat Member

ok good idea.
thanks.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Most of the time, unless you're calling about a chapter issue or some BIG issue, international offices don't really deal one-on-one--that might be where their apprehension is coming from. Why are you concerned about your status with the organization? Are you calling with billing issues? Membership issues?
Old 12-07-2007, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNYC2 View Post
basically you posted a whole lot of nothing, cuz you didnt post anything meaningful towards what you want an "honest answer" about...
HA..this is why I love my bruhs, always providing endless entertainment.

Honestly, if you want someone to help you then you need to be a bit more specific.

Last edited by MzJ25; 12-07-2007 at 07:50 PM.