GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,401
2 members and 1,399 guests
Xidelt, znathanhulzeo24

Old 04-04-2016, 03:54 AM
GreekChat Member

The Best Journey Takes You Home

I came upon this phrase tonight, and thought it would be a perfect title for this post. Some of you may know me because you remember me from the posts and comments I've made throughout the years, some of you may look them up after opening this post. Because of this, I won't try to hide too much about my identity or anything. My recruitment story comes with a bit of back story, but please bear with me, because without it, I wouldn't have had this journey that took me home. I'm posting all of it here, and the back story will go right into the recruitment process I experienced.

As some of you may know from past posts, I've wanted to go Greek since I was in 7th grade. When I was in 10th grade, my teacher had us write a paper about something controversial that meant something to us. For a long time I couldn't come up with anything, until I found an article online about how some people were still to that day, trying to get Greek life taken off of campuses. I decided that was what I wanted to write my paper on, that Greek life was what I wanted to write my paper on. I interviewed Greek men and women from the school that I had hoped to attend, in order to get firsthand info. I ended up staying in contact with some of the ladies I had met through that paper.

I didn't end up going to the school that I initially wanted to go to, but my friends from that paper, found out that their organization would be coming to my school during the same year I would. I was really excited, and thought that it would be great if we could all be sisters, because not only were these women from my paper in this organization, but so were one of my close friends from my old town, but also one of my high school friends. When I got to my school, my gpa was just slightly too low to be eligible for fall recruitment, so I had to wait until spring, which I didn't mind terribly, as it gave me time to work my butt off to raise my gpa, not to mention that was when the organization my friends were in would be starting their recruitment. I went through the beginning steps, but I got dropped. I was definitely really sad, and I definitely cried a little, but I emailed around to see who else was recruiting still. I met with some ladies from another organization on campus, which one of my friends is in, the next day, but I never heard from them again. Then I met with a girl from yet another organization on campus, the day after that, and I met another girl later that week. I hung out with those two girls during our school's Dance Marathon the next weekend and I met with a few more girls after that, who invited me to a movie night their organization was having on St Patrick's Day. This Friday I got my bid and was way happier about it than I ever would have expected myself to be, had you told me at the begining of fall semester that this was how things would turn out. Today was my very first chapter meeting as a new member of.........

Alpha Sigma Alpha!!!

Last edited by sarahmass94; 04-04-2016 at 04:08 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-04-2016, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

How wonderful! Congratulations!
Old 04-04-2016, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations from one ASA to another! Enjoy the sisterhood. Alumnae life is awesome in ASA, so please stick around.

Be a Volunteer!
Old 04-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations! May you always enjoy the journey!
Old 04-04-2016, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations sarahmass94! I'm so glad to hear that you've found your home. I hope you enjoy the sisterhood of Alpha Sigma Alpha through all of life's journeys!
Loyal, forever, Alpha to thee
Old 04-05-2016, 02:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited! It's fun because this is my first week, but it's also Greek Week, so it's a busy first week. I really like everyone so far, and the other 2 girls who are new members with me are awesome!
Old 04-06-2016, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! Perseverance and keeping an open mind paid off in the end. Good for you!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! Alpha Sigma Alpha is lucky to have you and you are lucky to have them. So glad you didn't give up and found your sisterhood.

Is your school on a quarter system? I hope you can get initiated before summer break.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinseggblue View Post
Congratulations! Alpha Sigma Alpha is lucky to have you and you are lucky to have them. So glad you didn't give up and found your sisterhood.

Is your school on a quarter system? I hope you can get initiated before summer break.
Nope, we do semesters. I and the other 2 new members, will be getting initiated in fall with the girls we pick up during fall recruitment.
Old 04-15-2016, 02:21 AM
GreekChat Member

robinseggblue, new update. We just found out tonight that we will be getting initiated this semester after all.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmass94 View Post
We just found out tonight that we will be getting initiated this semester after all.
Just saw this. So exciting! I hope you've been initiated. Congrats!
Old 06-05-2016, 07:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinseggblue View Post
Just saw this. So exciting! I hope you've been initiated. Congrats!
Nope. We got all sorts of different info, until finally we got an answer that stuck. We are being heldover for the summer after all. From what I gather, we will be going through our new member education process and having initiation with the girls who get picked up during fall recruitment. Sorry for not replying sooner, I just saw your comment.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!! While it might seem like a long time until you begin your new member education and initiation, it will be here sooner than you realize. Enjoy the journey.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks! I am definitely looking forward to it. Just found out my second cousin will be coming to my school as a freshman this coming year, and is thinking about going through recruitment. It will be interesting to watch and see where she ends up, if she does decide to go through with it.