GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,458
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, SSPrintingLLC
» Online Users: 2,480
0 members and 2,480 guests
No Members online

Old 08-07-2011, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

What shoes would be best with these?

Hi Ladies!

I've been pouring over GC all summer, and I'm so excited for my own recruitment! It starts soon, so I've been shopping for my outfits. The one thing I need help with is shoes! I have two dresses, and cannot decide what shoes to wear with them, so I was hoping for some advice!

The schedule says "Casual dresses, sandals/dress shoes, no to shorts, fancy dresses, hose/sneakers." I was thinking a pair of black wedges/espadrille type shoes, definitely with a <4" heels, so I don't kill my feet too bad! I also have a pair of black strappy flat sandals, I don't have a picture of them but the straps are shiny, would something like that be ok?

The schedule says "dresses, dress shoes, no to sequined/beaded dresses, casual dresses, hose." I was thinking just plain black heels, probably shiny? The dress I have looks slightly more formal than this one, so I was thinking with accessories it would be nice enough.

I do feel like this is kind of a silly question, but as I'm one of those girls that *lives* in flipflops almost all year round, I just wanted to get opinions! For some reason, I am completely unable to match dresses with shoes unless they're 4" heels, which I could never walk around in during recruitment!

Last edited by MST62; 05-29-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-07-2011, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST62 View Post
I do feel like this is kind of a silly question, but as I'm one of those girls that *lives* in flipflops almost all year round, I just wanted to get opinions! For some reason, I am completely unable to match dresses with shoes unless they're 4" heels, which I could never walk around in during recruitment!
So match them to the 4" heels and carry your flip flops for between parties.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

For the solid color dress, you could find some really cute flat sandals with beading or in a metallic finish. Then you wouldn't have to worry with changing shoes between parties. I was just on a large college campus a few weeks back and the flat sandals are very popular right now. As for the print dress, you can't go wrong with black, but if you're a little more adventurous you could pull one of the colors out of the pattern and make a statement. DSW has quite a few colored shoes in all heels heights.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, for me, it depends on how tall you are, but I agree with IndianaSigKap. On dress #1, I would go with a flat sandal in a brushed metallic or if you go with a wedge or heel make it nude to match your skin color. The color of the dress is so pretty, so make that the focus. For dress #2, I say stay with black. Try it with your black strappy sandals and see how you like it.