GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,506
0 members and 1,506 guests
No Members online

Old 12-11-2003, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Brother,

Nice job. I do disagree with your assessment that the President is superior to Adama in every way. Adama, as I see it, posesses much greater wisdom. When he told the story of Earth, he did so to give people hope. The President could not see the forest from the trees until Adama explained it to her. Also, the story of Earth being a "lie" is itself a lie to viewers. We are on Earth, and we are real. In my opinion, Adama had two choices; enter into an argument over the validity of "the truth", or create a false conspiracy with the President to gain her absolute support for a "myth" that would bind the remaining elements of humanity together with hope. He chose to be intellectually dishonest for the sake of humanity. To me, that is wisdom.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-12-2003, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

That is a very important distinction. You're right: its very YIN/YANG between them, eh?
Old 12-12-2003, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: In the Happy Home, with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers that sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes!
Now I am very impressed with this dialogue... I wonder why the BG discussions have never surfaced in the past. I wonder, since you two seem so darn informed, is this going to become a weekly series? The ratings for this were through the roof.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Quote:
Originally posted by krazy
Now I am very impressed with this dialogue...
That's what happens when you get 2 Phi Psis in a conversation.

As far as this being turned into a regular series, I just don't know. It would be difficult to maintain this level of production quality for the SciFi Chanel, but we can hope.
Old 12-12-2003, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, the rumors about smart Phi Psi's is true (handsome, too)

Well, the rumors that I have heard have it that they will start a series slated for 8PM on Sundays if the ratings are good and check this out:

Quote:
Galactica Rates Highly

SCI FI Channel's original miniseries Battlestar Galactica averaged a 3.5 rating (2.9 million households) in its Dec. 8 and 9 premiere, the biggest audience for any original miniseries on cable for the year. The four-hour miniseries also achieved SCI FI's best ratings for 2003, the network reported.

The prime-time premiere of part two of Battlestar Galactica outperformed part one, with 3.8 rating (3.16 million households). The miniseries ranked third among the highest-rated original programs in the channel's history, behind only Steven Spielberg Presents Taken and Frank Herbert's Dune.

The entire Battlestar Galactica miniseries will be rebroadcast on Dec. 14 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. ET/PT.
It looks to me like there will be a series if that's what they base it on.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Sci Fi Channel Series

Has anyone heard the Sci Fi channel will move forward and make this a series?
Old 01-07-2004, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Latest and greatest info:

Quote:
Moore: Galactica Up In Air

Ronald D. Moore, executive producer of SCI FI Channel's hit miniseries Battlestar Galactica, told the SyFy Portal Web site that he's prepping a proposed series, but that no decision has been made on whether it will go forward. The "jury is still out" on whether SCI FI will pick up the highly rated miniseries as a full-blown series, Moore told the site.

"We're still in discussions with the network," Moore said. "The actors' contracts have been extended until the end of January (that is the time period in which their options for series can be picked up), and I've been working on the show bible and the first few episodes in anticipation of a possible order." He added, "It's a complicated, ambitious show, and SCI FI Channel wants to understand all the economic implications before going to series—pretty standard network procedure—but I'm hopeful we'll get the pickup."

Moore also confirmed comments he previously made to IGN FilmForce that he will not be returning as a producer of HBO's fantasy series Carnivale, the site reported. "I won't be returning to Carnivale for its second season, as I decided to concentrate on development and hopefully a BSG series," Moore said.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up TV Series in Production

Quote:
19-April-04

Galactica Launches

SCI FI Channel's upcoming original series Battlestar Galactica begins production this week in Vancouver, B.C., the network announced. Based on the December 2003 miniseries that became the most-watched cable miniseries of the year, Galactica returns to SCI FI Channel as a one-hour weekly drama in early 2005.

Rest of article here:
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m...4/19/12.00.sfc
6-8 months until we get more.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:46 PM
cutiepatootie

talk about a throw back to my past. i had to take a double take at the thread to see if that was really battlestar Galectica......Loved the 70s version of it. Stayed up every saturday night when it came on with my younger brother to watch that.

I had the stuffed dog from the show that looked like alf
Old 06-28-2004, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I gather that the new series has several shows completed and in the can for broadcast next year (early 05 ?). This should be interesting. However, has anyone seen the pilot of a proposed Battlestar that was apparently shot back in the early 80s with a very surprising almost "Deus ex Machina" ending? I saw an old tape of the episode (pilot) where the fleet is trying to run from three Base Stars and after the usual round of hide and seek coupled with some rear guard delaying action scenes, where too many Vipers are lost, Adama realizes that things look like they are really in for it with little or no hope this time. He orders the communications officer to send out a general CQ request for assistance from any one who can help, perhaps hoping for a return of the Battlestar Pegasus. As the episode ends you hear the surprising response to the urgent call for help. They pick up a transmission from another ship and the voice over is Nichelle Nichols (Lt Uhura) saying, "To unidentified craft requesting help, we are USS Enterprise. How may we assist." Then it rolls to credits as the episode ends suggesting either a merger or a "guest appearance" from old NCC-1701.
It would seem that nothing came of this pilot, but I was wondering if anyone had seen this episode or heard anything about an attempt to merge or guest spot Star Trek and Battlestar?
Old 06-29-2004, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dekeguy
I gather that the new series has several shows completed and in the can for broadcast next year (early 05 ?). This should be interesting. However, has anyone seen the pilot of a proposed Battlestar that was apparently shot back in the early 80s with a very surprising almost "Deus ex Machina" ending? I saw an old tape of the episode (pilot) where the fleet is trying to run from three Base Stars and after the usual round of hide and seek coupled with some rear guard delaying action scenes, where too many Vipers are lost, Adama realizes that things look like they are really in for it with little or no hope this time. He orders the communications officer to send out a general CQ request for assistance from any one who can help, perhaps hoping for a return of the Battlestar Pegasus. As the episode ends you hear the surprising response to the urgent call for help. They pick up a transmission from another ship and the voice over is Nichelle Nichols (Lt Uhura) saying, "To unidentified craft requesting help, we are USS Enterprise. How may we assist." Then it rolls to credits as the episode ends suggesting either a merger or a "guest appearance" from old NCC-1701.
It would seem that nothing came of this pilot, but I was wondering if anyone had seen this episode or heard anything about an attempt to merge or guest spot Star Trek and Battlestar?
I never heard of this, but it sounds really interesting. I'd like to see it.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/down...akpeek_320.mov

This is looking mighty good. Just two more months.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Yeah. I am excited. But I am still processing Starbuck as . . a . . . well . .. girl.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James
Yeah. I am excited. But I am still processing Starbuck as . . a . . . well . .. girl.
Yeah, that was a bad move. Starbuck should be a guy because the name is Starbuck.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not worried about Starbuck being a girl. They did a great job with the character in the mini-series and everything I've heard about the full series is encouraging.

It premieres on Friday! I can't wait.