GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,551
1 members and 2,550 guests
No Members online

Old 07-16-2012, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

bump
Old 07-16-2012, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I am finishing up Fall recruitment recs this week. Right now my tally is:

Alabama-2
Auburn- 8
LSU- 3 (includes my cousin! Woo!)
Ole Miss- 3
TCU- 1
Clemson- 1
UGA- 1

Then the spring recs begin...
Ohio State- 1
UVA- 1
Washington and Lee- 1
Vanderbilt- 1
Old 07-17-2012, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm rushing as a freshman in early August!! Can't wait!
still trying to decide if i should post a story afterwards though..
Old 07-17-2012, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I now have a SMU pnm!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Somehow missed posting here

D going thru recruitment this fall
Old 07-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Working on one rec tonight - anticipate a total of six. That's a high number for north of the Mason-Dixon line!

Good luck to all PNMs!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

My daughter is going through recruitment this fall. She's getting excited, but nervous.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm rushing this fall, super excited but super nervous. There is like 25 fraternities to choose from at my school, gonna be a long week.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:58 AM
GreekChat Member

My Rec Crew now stands at Lucky 13:

Alabama (2)
Arkansas (1)
Auburn (2)
Georgia Southern (1)
Mizzou (1)
Oklahoma State (1)
Ole Miss (1)
South Carolina (2)
UGA (2)

Still to go (waiting on recruitment packets):

Belmont (1)
Clemson (1)

I was supposed to have a Tennessee girl, but she got her recs elsewhere. I'm a huge Vol fan, but have never done a rec for anyone going through recruitment there -- was really looking forward to it.

I was also contacted by email by another Mizzou girl and told her I would help her -- this was over a week ago, and no response, no thank you, not another word from her since.

Finally, I have also been expecting info for another BAMA girl, as were some alumnae from other GLOs, but she never delivered her packets to us. Word on the street is that she's only getting recs for a few select chapters. I guess ours didn't make her cut! She's one of those girls who things always work out for...always comes out on top...but greatly limiting her options for recruitment at BAMA may end that reign. Why do some risk their recruitments like this?????????????
Old 07-22-2012, 03:06 AM
GreekChat Member

My Rec Crew now stands at Lucky 13:

Alabama (2)
Arkansas (1)
Auburn (2)
Georgia Southern (1)
Mizzou (1)
Oklahoma State (1)
Ole Miss (1)
South Carolina (2)
UGA (2)

Still to go (waiting on recruitment packets):

Belmont (1)
Clemson (1)

I was supposed to have a Tennessee girl, but she got her recs elsewhere. I'm a huge Vol fan, but have never done a rec for anyone going through recruitment there -- was really looking forward to it.

I was also contacted by email by another Mizzou girl and told her I would help her -- this was over a week ago, and no response, no thank you, not another word from her since.

Finally, I have also been expecting info for another BAMA girl, as were some alumnae from other GLOs, but she never delivered her packets to us. Word on the street is that she's only getting recs for a few select chapters. I guess ours didn't make her cut! She's one of those girls who things always work out for...always comes out on top...but greatly limiting her options for recruitment at BAMA may end that reign. Why do some risk their recruitments like this?????????????
Old 07-23-2012, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekdee View Post

She's going to get a rude awakening when she gets to campus and realizes she's not the prettiest, smartest, best at everything (or the best at anything she was in high school) any more.

She'll wake-up, and a lot of other girls will too. But unfortunately, probably not before it's too late.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Also, I'll have a dance crew of 6 going through recruitment this year!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm just finishing up writing my recommendations and have my biggest rec crew ever this year ---20 so far!

UCLA - 1
USC - 1
Auburn - 1
Alabama -1
TCU - 3
Arizona State - 1
University of Arizona - 1
University of Missouri - 1
University of Oklahoma - 8

Plus two deferred recruitment schools:

SMU - 1
Emory - 1

I should get at least one Gamma Phi out of there right? Am I right?

Good luck to all the PNMs out there!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Scratch my Clemson rec -- we don't have a chapter there! Duh. I've had her on the brain, though, because I directed her mom to some alumnae for some of the chapters they do have.

Regarding Perfect PNM and her select recs, you're right Pirouette -- a rude awakening awakes. You might say this girl's cup runneth over with an abundance of confidence. She knows other girls "like her" who have had rocky recruitments and you'd think she would learn from their experience, but I guess not.

What's also unfortunate is when they begin recruitment, visit chapters they didn't get recs for and realize, "oh wow, I really like these girls; I'd probably fit in here." It's a lot to realize, and a lot too late...but that doesn't stop their panicked mothers from scrambling around to see if they can get a rec emailed over before early cuts are made. Good luck with that.

I've got another girl in my area who wasn't interested in a rec for a particular GLO at her SEC school. She wasn't "impressed" by them at Orientation. The person who would have done her rec is an alum of the same school and that actual chapter, and a former state senator who was the youngest ever elected to that state. Well known in the state for her charitable and political work, and would have been a great one to provide the rec...too bad her sorority wasn't good enough for Miss Unimpressed.

Last edited by greekdee; 07-30-2012 at 02:27 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm rushing as a freshmen in the Fall! I'm so excited but have been having issues finding recs. I just contacted my local Panhellenic group last week and am waiting for responses